Our home game. Why the white shorts!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting how it's only become a problem in the last 10-12 years. Twas never a problem before.

And if anything the colours have become brighter/more distinct for many jumpers (like ours).....

Mind you, I do remember watching a game quite a few years back (cant remember teams - think it was two of StK, Melb or Ess ??) where it was truly difficult to work out in dim conditions who was who from the stand (and players were struggling too - some handballs straight to the opposition).

Whoever it was a bit of a "debacle" and really brought clash jumpers to the fore.

For the first time since we introduced away/clash jumpers I don't have a problem wearing either jumper. If we want to be really traditional with our home strip we would have to bring back the black shorts. So for me either of our current jumpers are more than fine.

I'm not averse to seeing the knickerbocker make it's long overdue comeback.

in that case feel free to tell me to piss off, but I really like (from a strictly aesthetic perspective!) both of your strips.
Nah, you're cool Lance. Feel free to like them; it's the advocacy from opposition fans I'm opposed to. I already feel we're being dictated to, and this just adds salt to the wound.

I actually think we should get it over with and get a good clash strip - that way you guys don't have to bend over and wear your away strip when you play us in your home game.

Feels dirty saying that over here but there you go.
I've always wondered why Richmond and Essendon don't simply reverse the colours on their jumpers as an option. Would look awesome I reckon. (No advocacy! ;))

That said, you only need to see the games where we both wear our home strips in a game and, wait for it... THERE IS NO CLASH!

AFL simpletons seem to think that light/dark is the only contrast available. Do they honestly think royal blue shorts clash with black shorts (+ black jumper and red sash)? Really?

And, whilst I think the 'mostly white clash strip policy' sucks and, for me personally takes away some of the colour, in both senses of the word, from the game, they should at least be consistent. If they were, Collingwood would have been in their clash strip and you'd have worn black shorts.

Edit: Perhaps there needs to be a "Clash Strip Review Panel"?

AFL simpletons seem to think that light/dark is the only contrast available. Do they honestly think royal blue shorts clash with black shorts (+ black jumper and red sash)? Really?

This seemed to work fine in Round 24 last year. Blue shorts v Black shorts was fine:

155844-drew-petrie.jpg

And against GWS in Round 2 2012:

252590.jpg

Take Essendon, we only really clash with St Kilda and Melbourne, and even then I reckon it's borderline.

Agreed, the first time I saw the "fat sash" and white shorts combo I thought it would be a horrible clash with St Kilda. Never be an issue with your normal jumper though.

I think personally that our clash guernsey should be made our home guernsey.

Yeah I don't mind it actually. I just never want to see that hideous Argentina jumper again.....Unless we can somehow convince Lionel Messi to take up AFL, or Gabriel Batistuta to move back to Australia. :)

That was hideous! I reckon the players felt like they weren't even playing for north! Worst clash Guernsey ever.

I think personally that our clash guernsey should be made our home guernsey.
Yeah and copy Collingwood. :stern look

Our guernsey is our guernsey. We have won 4 premierships in that guernsey.

If you're into fashion goto Milan. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least our players don't have to wear that pretty blue colour that Carlton are wearing in their match against Fremantle!

Yep, truly abysmal strip - even worse than our "Argentina" clash one we had which was mentioned previously :thumbsdown:

Was at the game today and asked one of the North officials why we were wearing white shorts when it was our home game. The officail told me that the AFL had made the new rule where by the team that has more white in thier jumper has to wear the white shorts even if it is the teams home game.
I expect to see collingwood wearing white shorts at their home game when they play Carlton, I don,t know when this club is going to stop bending over to the AFL, but I at the moment it feels we haven't any back bone.

This game was the perfect example of what the AFL is ruling now.

North's guernsey is more white than blue. Ours is more blue than white.

We wear white shorts- brings us closer to the North uniform. You wear blue- brings you closer to ours.

We wear blue and you wear white- things remain the same.

This game was the perfect example of what the AFL is ruling now.

North's guernsey is more white than blue. Ours is more blue than white.

We wear white shorts- brings us closer to the North uniform. You wear blue- brings you closer to ours.

We wear blue and you wear white- things remain the same.

Don't disagree that making us wear white shorts differentiated well BUT

given the rulings we have copped vs Collingwood over the years, if the AFL were at all consistent you should have worn your all-white clash strip and we should have worn blue shorts.

Don't disagree that making us wear white shorts differentiated well BUT

given the rulings we have copped vs Collingwood over the years, if the AFL were at all consistent you should have worn your all-white clash strip and we should have worn blue shorts.

North have bigger issues than this but....,

2013 - Change to the current away strip. Predominantly blue, wear what we want that our home games. FFS whoever had a problem with North home games v Dogs for the past 80 years?????

Byron Pickett goes BUMP.

Yeah I'm bumping a thread to make an idiotic point because quite frankly that's the way I roll. :stern look

On the weekend we saw the predominantly white wearing NMFC don the blue shorts for a home game and the Tigers who do not have white in their strip other than for their numbers wear white shorts? Why? What happened to this nonsense of the team with the most white in their strip wearing white shorts even though it was their home game?

Geelong also got to wear their blue shorts against the Hawks.

Conclusion. The Turkeys down at AFL House make it up as they go along. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back