Our Icon

Remove this Banner Ad

it will have nothing to do with the logo.

separately, people calling to go back to a previous logo need to get in touch with reality. it would be a step backwards in every sense & wouldn't help anything other than fuel your outdated nostalgia.

And as we know from the possibly apocryphal coat of arms folklore, kangaroos (and emus) can't go backwards.

And as we know from the possibly apocryphal coat of arms folklore, kangaroos (and emus) can't go backwards.

Kangaroos can't go backwards is correct. Sort off.

They cannot walk backwards or one step at a time because of their leg and tail.

The only time to go backwards is to jump with both legs at same time.

Google threw these up.

All superior, imo.

NMFC_Concepts_905.jpg
2me9z7p.png
I like the middle one up the top. Would be all for that one.

Sent from beneath the blue and white using Tapatalk

Won't be a logo change, not several rounds into the season. That's stuff you do in December.

Top middle for me. The type and the kanga needs a bit of refinement, but it's pretty schmick! The idea is there, but I doubt they'll be re-branding anytime soon. How old is the current logo?

The current logo was brought in at the beginning of the 2007 season.

Sent from the future using Marty McFly

We are partaking in Indigenous Round this year with a dedicated design.

Kevin Sheedy gave his consent
Oh good. I was worried there for a sec.

Wouldn't want him suing for referring to his creation without his consent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club use the 1960s crest all the time, on key rings and flags and letter heads. It's our traditional crest. The kangaroo jumping towards us is our commercial logo.

I wonder if we didn't win premierships with the old logo whether it would be so fondly remembered.

The current logo looks good to me, but unfortunately it has no success attached to it.

If the club wants to go a different way again i'd be fine with that also.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I see the old shield and start to think of David King running off half back, McKernan flying through packs, Martyn belting the ball over the line, Carey demoralising everyone.

I see the current one and I think of Piccione turning the ball over, Thurley sitting on a bench, Power tripping over his shoelaces, Watt losing one on ones. Me looking confused wondering who McConnell is, or who Powell is. Ah, memories.

I really like the design though and I also associate it with fighting to stay in Melbourne and winning, above anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back