Eastdog

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
We have 2 tough matches over the next 2 weeks with first GWS at home and then Port over in Adelaide. What would make us satisfied going into the bye after these 2 matches. Would like to win both but I'll take 1 win out of 2.

We have 2 tough matches over the next 2 weeks with first GWS at home and then Port over in Adelaide. What would make us satisfied going into the bye after these 2 matches. Would like to win both but I'll take 1 win out of 2.
Depends really. Happy to lose both games ala the Freo game where we show promise. But to lose another Melbourne style one, or even the St Kilda style loss would be a bummer. My dream is we bounce back and take both games out, but maybe the kids will be too sore again? It will all come down to the form of the players we bring in I reckon.

I loved the first 5 weeks and I would never take them back but lots of that core group just look rooted or to be carrying small injuries. Hard paced, heaps of fun but our young bodies may have run out of puff. Will hold us in good stead after the bye though and I hope they get 2 weeks solid rest over that period. I don't see how we can field our best 22 this week. Bonti looks exhausted, ditto boyd, ditto Jong hand. Not sure how we structure up without them nor how we can expect to beat a rampaging plastics with the many many gifts Father Demitriou and his deep sack of toys has handed out. Shocking timing for this game. Hope Bev has something up his sleeve.

Agree, 1 win out of the 2 would be OK.

I'm resigned to losing to GWS - possibly by about 40 - but I reckon we're a chance against Port the way they are playing. And if we beat GWS but not Port that's OK too. In fact it's way better, for the obvious reasons.

The main thing is we have the bye to regroup then four quite winnable games. But as we've discovered the winnable games are the dangerous ones.

Another thing that would make me happy is if Will gets recalled and takes out Jeremy Cameron with a Cameron-style bump. Nothing permanent or serious, just some of his own medicine that puts him out of sorts from early in the first quarter. We'd probably lose Will for weeks (if we haven't already) but it'd be poetic and well worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back