• None of the above

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • Simon Lloyd

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the next Carlton coach to be a former player, doesn't have to be a legendary player, but someone who was part of the fabric, especially during the halcyon years.....someone like that who is even currently cutting his teeth coaching as an assistant.

I'm not sure what former Carlton players are out there in the AFL coaching ranks, but perhaps someone with far more knowledge than me can post some names for me to then research on and make a decision which one I'd prefer.

Bassett, combination of assistant experience and success at a senior level. I think he has a lot to do with * playing better than a lot would have thought. Age profile means he can grow with a young list ( if given a chance).

John Barker

Now: Assistant coach at Carlton

Recognition for Barker's abilities continues to grow and he is said to have strong people skills. Has coached alongside Ross Lyon, Alastair Clarkson and Mick Malthouse so is capable under three people who don't suffer fools but support those who win their respect.

Brendon Bolton captain-coached North Hobart to a premiership at age 24. Picture: AFL Media

Brendon.jpg

Ratten or Worsfold if we want an experienced coach. Does Worsfold have the passion for a rebuild job ? Ratten loved Carlton but we treated him poorly in 2012. He wasn't even allowed to celebrate our goals without Maclure (flog) taking pot shots at him.

Bassett, Tudor and Bolton all have the credits in the bank.

Thompson would be another Eade, MM, Pagan scenario and Voss is working miracles with Port's midfield ( turning a well drilled, talented midfield into spuds)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garry Hocking for the promising humiliating marketing.

Carlton 'Whiskers' Blues. They play like pussies cause they are pussies.

In all seriousness... Bassett, Scott Burns or Blake Caracella.

Dew, Bassett, tudor, Bolton for me and blakey as left field. But the club will probably go worsfold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back