• None of the above

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • Simon Lloyd

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the panel selected to choose the next coach. Having someone like Judd on there seems like a smart move because not only is he recently out of the game but he would know what Carlton's problems are inside and out. And he would have a fair idea if John Barker had what it takes to make it as a senior coach. And I think this is Trigg's chance to prove himself to the supporters. Get this decision right and appoint a coach that can really take us forward then I think that would go a long way to winning over a lot of supporters.

Appointing a coaching panel and going through a proper selection process is a step in the right direction for the club and I'm hoping this is the club's way of moving into the 21st century rather than doing a John Elliot and throwing money around like its the 80s. I saw John Elliot on Open Mike a few weeks back and he said we should go ahead and appoint John Worsfold. And whilst I've got nothing against Woosha, its this kind of archaic thinking that has got Carlton to where it currently is. Interesting times ahead for Carlton fans.

I saw John Elliot on Open Mike a few weeks back and he said we should go ahead and appoint John Worsfold. And whilst I've got nothing against Woosha, its this kind of archaic thinking that has got Carlton to where it currently is. Interesting times ahead for Carlton fans.

Yep, exactly right! Making a call of this magnitude based on the 'gut' feeling of one individual who wouldn't even have a clue anyway. That's how it was done in Elliott's day.

I actually think Mathieson is smart enough to accept the decision of the panel. Elliott definitely wouldn't have been!

I just saw a promo for the Footy Show on Channel Nine, Lyon said there was a 'Bolt from the blue for the Carlton coaching job', unless Casboult is aiming to be player/coach I presume they are talking about Bolton. To be fair there was a news story on a Shrek themed wedding before hand so I'm not entirely confident of the networks credibility.

I just saw a promo for the Footy Show on Channel Nine, Lyon said there was a 'Bolt from the blue for the Carlton coaching job', unless Casboult is aiming to be player/coach I presume they are talking about Bolton. To be fair there was a news story on a Shrek themed wedding before hand so I'm not entirely confident of the networks credibility.

Will be interesting to hear if there has been some real progress on the new coach front but I doubt it, prob just some fluff.

From what iv seen of Bolton so far though seems like a good fit.

Unless they are talking about an actual bolted like Luke Beveridge and Phil Walsh

looking forward to seeing who this bolter is or bolton is.

Mou already got rid of Mata who was lazy and didn't track back - if you believed the stuff on here Menz would be a shoe-in to be transferred.
I never said what he'd do with Menz would be good for us ;).........but it might be good for those who believed the stuff about Menz :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said what he'd do with Menz would be good for us ;).........but it might be good for those who believed the stuff about Menz :eek:

I think if these people had a clue, they'd know that Menz is not one of the bottle... he's a special one.

Barrett says Simon Lloyd, so we can put a line through him.
If that what the panel decides after a long exhausting selection process then im all for it. Looking at his past roles, hes been in the industry for a long time, was highly regarded as a development coach especially by collingwood who tried to poach him back to run their academy. Hes also been a psychologist at AFL level. Could be a great option to develop what is to become a very young and inexperienced list.

1 thing against him though, isnt he matty lloyds brother?

From the Freo Website.

"SIMON LLOYD - Senior Development and Assistant Coach

Lloyd was appointed as an Assistant Coach at the club at the end of the 2010 season.

He previously managed the Fremantle Dockers’ Development Academy since 2009 and is still a major contributor in that department.

Lloyd has a wealth of AFL experience, having worked at Hawthorn and Collingwood in key development, leadership and coaching roles before joining Fremantle.

He was at Collingwood from 2005 to 2008 as high performance manager and club psychologist.

Lloyd was previously at Hawthorn between 1998 and 2004, filling a number of roles including club psychologist, player development manager, development coach and assistant coach of the club’s VFL side Box Hill."

Not sure of who your principal coach will be, but try putting some trainer wheels on Brad Sewell as an assistant coach.
Excellent footballer with a history of success, and a good communicator to boot

Bring in this bloke and before too long we'll improve by leaps and bounds.

QmGuCED.png

My god Damian Barrett is a moron.

His sliding doors bit on afl.com today ...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-19/sliding-doors-round-12

'IF directors vote to sack a coach eight rounds into a season ... THEN ... the directors should have the nerve to find a new leader. Not hide behind a sub-committee. Then again, why would we expect the rabble that is the Blues board to actually show strong, fearless, leadership?'

FFS Barrett you limited person you, do you have a ******* clue what a new coach interviewing process looks like? The old rabble would see the board find a new leader, the new club is doing what most other clubs do these days and interviewing for the best plan, the best fit, the most modern, and instead of a bunch of non-footballers making the decision, they have laced the board with a recently retired champion, a past champion, a recruitment guru, a coach from another code who knows a thing or two about coaching in general and .... Damian ******* ... the ******* CEO who reports directly to those cowardly directors.

Talk about being damned if you do, damned if you don't.

He's really settled down to a comfortable sewer level since he went to work with the braniacs at the Footy Show.

My god Damian Barrett is a moron.

His sliding doors bit on afl.com today ...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-19/sliding-doors-round-12

'IF directors vote to sack a coach eight rounds into a season ... THEN ... the directors should have the nerve to find a new leader. Not hide behind a sub-committee. Then again, why would we expect the rabble that is the Blues board to actually show strong, fearless, leadership?'

FFS Barrett you limited person you, do you have a ******* clue what a new coach interviewing process looks like? The old rabble would see the board find a new leader, the new club is doing what most other clubs do these days and interviewing for the best plan, the best fit, the most modern, and instead of a bunch of non-footballers making the decision, they have laced the board with a recently retired champion, a past champion, a recruitment guru, a coach from another code who knows a thing or two about coaching in general and .... Damian ******* ... the ******* CEO who reports directly to those cowardly directors.

Talk about being damned if you do, damned if you don't.

He's really settled down to a comfortable sewer level since he went to work with the braniacs at the Footy Show.
The day I saw him signing his autograph on a football was the day that I lost the little respect that I had for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back