• None of the above

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • Simon Lloyd

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not feel like it, but Friday night was a blessing.

If I was a candidate and listening to the nonsense coming out of the club I would be turned off as well.
'we don't need to rebuild, just regenerate'
'the list has great young kids coming through'
'the senior players are excellent, it's only the 20-25 year olds where we are thin'

Nothing against Buckley, but it is sad when we name him as one of our best youngsters at age 22, when the reality is half the teams in the competition wouldn't even bother with him even if they could pick him up cheaply with a late draft pick.

Surely now it is clear for all to see our list is the WORST in the AFL and by a long way, hopefully muppets like McKay have got that through their skull by now.

We need a full rebuild.

We need to trade away Henderson, Yarran and Kreuzer (I'd find a way to get rid of Gibbs as well) over the next two seasons or we will be stuck forever in the 8-12 area on the ladder.

The decisions we make NOW will impact how good our list is in 5,7,10 years.

I'm not sure how I see that match as being a blessing, other than to polish off those clinging to hope that our list wasn't That bad. The next coach will need to take the job with eyes wide open, and there will need to be an acceptance by the supporter base that we are going to cop plenty of beltings along the way. I don't agree re Kreuzer, because his heart is still in it. I think our biggest concern now is everyone not being on the same page, there are plenty who feel the entire board needs to be dismissed due to the sins of the past.

Why isn't Choco on the list ?

He's successful and a real mongrel with proven development credentials. I'd take him in a heartbeat IF he has the drive and ambition to coach again. However, he may just like to smell the roses after his illness.

Of the unproven I've been in the Bassett camp from day one. Simply outstanding in his stint with Norwood.

I think we should throw everything at Woosha even though he's a strong chance to stay with the crows.Ross lyon as well would be another although it may be hard to prize him away from Freo:).I always liked chocco I don't know what you guys think of him? I thought he was always quite keen to get back into the head coaching caper:)

John Elliott likes this

I think the hard edged approach won't work with this club at the moment. I don't want a coach who will be there best mate in 5 mins either.

JB can't be given then reigns IMO. We need a fresh approach from a successful coaching department.

Bolton
Dew
Lloyd
Sumich?

There's always a bolter in a coaching race. Phil Walsh proves that.........

I think we should throw everything at Woosha even though he's a strong chance to stay with the crows.Ross lyon as well would be another although it may be hard to prize him away from Freo:).I always liked chocco I don't know what you guys think of him? I thought he was always quite keen to get back into the head coaching caper:)

Choco lost the plot at Port Adelaide and was shown the door. Has had a few assistant gigs since then and has just recovered from cancer. Not sure he would be interested in more heartache.

Whoever it is (not barker!!)... As long as he doesn't sit the team around holding hands and sing koombaya he'd be off to a good start.

We need a coach who initially is not a friend, demands respect and none of this player driven initiatives because this list at present doesn't deserve it until they show they are capable of driving themselves.

Then our assistants should not be there for tactics next year...skills skills skills...

And please for the love of god a fitness coach that can keep the lost healthy... 4 seasons of decimating injuries in a row leaving us with bugger all.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Barker. He had to pick up the pieces and has done a reasonable job up until Friday. The result is a reflection on MM.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Barker. He had to pick up the pieces and has done a reasonable job up until Friday. The result is a reflection on MM.
So we credit the good efforts to Barker and the poor efforts to MM? Makes sense.

I have to say some very interesting reading& you guys really know your stuff I have to say:).I actually always liked Sumich he's been an assistant forever really just wondering what you guys think of him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've fallen off the Barker bandwagon. I'm back to not wanting him to take over permanently.

This isn't exclusively due to Friday night, I just don't like the game plan.

Our last month of footy we've had 13, 15, 16 and 18 scoring shots per game. You're just simply not going to win games of footy with those numbers.

I appreciate we have injuries but our gameplan isn't good enough. And I don't think Barker is the man to change it moving forward.

We really need to get Bolton to our club. He was appointed coach at north Hobart who at the time were a reasonably young middle of the road side. He drove the group to improved ball skills it wasn't good enough to kick or handball poorly and if the ball was in your area you would work your but off to get it not just run around waiting for someone else to do it. Was a playing assistant coach at tassie devils vfl side too before going to box hill

I think Bolten is the best choice here, Dew being second.
Would like to raise the question of who does Carlton get to surround the next coach with, only Laidley will remain on staff as he is the only contracted coach beyond next year plus doing a good job with the mids.

Leaving Senior assistant, forward and defence coach. Need at least one former head coach choco, Bluey, Bomber, worsfold

Don't know who I want - who knows what an assistant coach has or has not done and how well past associated success can be translated into future leading success. AFL is full of ex coaches who coached in Premiership sides as assistants and tried to bring what they had to a Club - and it just didn't work - mostly worked out very badly as well.

I think the last thing players should be doing is commenting on the process in public - really helps no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back