Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was interesting a few months ago.

Bluey at the blues...

... a bit to reddish for my liking.

I would love any of Barker, Dew or Lloyd. Basically any coach that can bring a bit more of an attacking game style.

guys I don't think that we should pick Stuey Dew. While he is in the coaching box he will just be eating the whole time and then so when he needs to give messages then people won't understand him.
Maybe we should pay him with Mars bars, Kenny? We could then afford some experienced assistants at the same time. Pay them the $ and Dewy the choccies.

guys I don't think that we should pick Stuey Dew. While he is in the coaching box he will just be eating the whole time and then so when he needs to give messages then people won't understand him.
Welcome back Starchamber.

Yep, getting the feeling Lloyd is our man. And you know what ? I'm rather happy we would be taking an left field/out of the box appointment, the conservative/easy option would have been to hire a Dew or Bolton type, but its obvious we have pressing issues that Lloyd may very well be more qualified at addressing than a Bolton or Dew (he has several qualifications/phds in sports psychological (and god knows our club has been like an One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest asylum in the past 13 odd years)

Suspect Bolton will end up at The Crows.
I think dew will go to the crows, who already have a solid team of players. I don't rly see him from the outside as someone who is focussed on development but more strategy. We need a development focused coach who can grow with the team and both Lloyd and Bolton have this. Both come from good programs however I would still go Bolton

do you guys reckon that maybe we should possibly give mick Malthouse another chance and maybe get him to be our coach in 2016? He is the most successful coach I reckon and he can build a list from scratch to premiership success, I think it would be different next year with a better list.

Thoughts?

images

My only problem with Lloyd is that he may bring in an ultra-defensive game plan ala Lyon.
Our players aren't skillful enough to execute those sort of plans.
You could probably say the same about Dew to some degree.
I think that Bolton would be more likely to implement a game plan that we could become competitive with.
(Just what exactly that is I have ab-sa-f...-loot-a-ly NFI at the moment!)

One thing that I am sure about is that no matter who gets the job, come the middle of next year we will be saying why didn't we take the Adelaide coach/
Why didn't we take the Essendon coach?
We need to break the cycle.

dis guy.....

Bomber Thomas says hi

My gut feeling is Lloyd will be our coach. Love it too be Bolton but my feel is Lloyd will probably be the new coach just my opinion

do you guys reckon that maybe we should possibly give mick Malthouse another chance and maybe get him to be our coach in 2016? He is the most successful coach I reckon and he can build a list from scratch to premiership success, I think it would be different next year with a better list.

Thoughts?
Fu..Fu..Fu...Fuhgeddaboudit.

Thoughts?

Are you serious or just trying to live up to your forum name Crazy :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wp_ss_20150801_0006.png

Intriguing news.

I'm not sure of what criteria they would decide that Barker is a better candidate than Dew, Bolton or Lloyd ... aside from the players being comfortable enough with him to continue to coast along without too many ramifications.

I'm not sure of what criteria they would decide that Barker is a better candidate than Dew, Bolton or Lloyd ... aside from the players being comfortable enough with him to continue to coast along without too many ramifications.

It depends on the line of thinking that the club wants a new coach in place weeks before the national draft and trade period, and you wouldn't think the Swans, Freo or Hawks would release a Dew, Lloyd or Bolton before their finals campaign ends.

Think the players ringing endorsement of Barker is another tick in his favour.

A two year contract for Barker would seem like a reasonable base to begin with IMO, keeps our options open if there is no sustained improvement in 18 months time.

It depends on the line of thinking that the club wants a new coach in place weeks before the national draft and trade period, and you wouldn't think the Swans, Freo or Hawks would release a Dew, Lloyd or Bolton before their finals campaign ends.

this is arguably the most important coaching appointment in our modern history - cannot afford to get it wrong - I very much doubt having to wait a few extra weeks till the best candidate is available will influence the decision in any way. If it does I would be very worried.

PS game has blown out by 10 goals in second half, does Barker no favours.

I am not sure any coach could get us competitive at the moment so I am not blaming Barker for another couple of poor showings by the CFC, but we need to clean house & start with someone who has been part of a successful culture.

Barker seems like a good bloke but I would be very disappointed if he gets the gig.

I've fallen off the Barker bandwagon. I'm back to not wanting him to take over permanently.

This isn't exclusively due to Friday night, I just don't like the game plan.

Our last month of footy we've had 13, 15, 16 and 18 scoring shots per game. You're just simply not going to win games of footy with those numbers.

I appreciate we have injuries but our gameplan isn't good enough. And I don't think Barker is the man to change it moving forward.
We can now add 14 scoring shots to the 13, 15, 16 & 18 in our most recent games.

I've become fond of Barker but it's blindingly obvious that the guy doesn't have what it takes. If we appoint him full time off the back of this, I'll be incredibly disappointed.

Our players are average but our gameplan continues to be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back