Our recycled four

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to see you are adding quality to the debate, they were in general acquired for stop gap roles.

Outside of father sons and top 10 picks I am far from convinced with our drafting and trading, unfortunately it does take time one way or another.

Fwiw All good VFL players and still are. Personally don't rate Stevens due to a total lack of awareness but he may develop a midfield defensive role.

Personal favourite of mine
Glad to see you like my posts Ernie. I like to think that since more than a year ago I've improved.

Anyway, both played their role. I'm not going to get into it because you are physically incapable of accepting or even trying to understand any viewpoint aside from your own.

Glad to see you like my posts Ernie. I like to think that since more than a year ago I've improved.

Anyway, both played their role. I'm not going to get into it because you are physically incapable of accepting or even trying to understand any viewpoint aside from your own.
Sorry Mr Timtam, I rarely accept your viewpoint because its generally proven wrong like on this thread.

Sorry Mr Timtam, I rarely accept your viewpoint because its generally proven wrong like on this thread.
I was wrong that they would be on the list now, I'll admit that. But I still say that they played their role in helping to shield the younger bodies and provide some invaluable experience. For example see Lower flying the flag in his 1st year at the Dogs, I think that's taught a few of the young kids to fly the flag as well.

I was wrong that they would be on the list now, I'll admit that. But I still say that they played their role in helping to shield the younger bodies and provide some invaluable experience. For example see Lower flying the flag in his 1st year at the Dogs, I think that's taught a few of the young kids to fly the flag as well.
Don't worry, you'll be proven wrong again.
Yes we really needed to recruit someone twice delisted just to show us how to fly the flag.

Yes we really needed to recruit someone twice delisted just to show us how to fly the flag.
I'm not going to bother anymore. This is what I mean by unable to see any other viewpoint.

I'll say one thing though. I'd rather be wrong sometimes and remain positive, than be negative and find joy in proving others wrong. I'm passionate about my club and love my club, but there are some people that seem to not be able to take any joy in their club makes wrong decisions and can only complain. And we don't need supporters like that.

Says someone that slinked off like a beaten stray only to come back and rehash long dead thread and take pot shots. Try and have some self respect earnie, if you think that won you a pont, i think it just did the opposite.

Says someone that slinked off like a beaten stray only to come back and rehash long dead thread and take pot shots. Try and have some self respect earnie, if you think that won you a pont, i think it just did the opposite.
Sorry to upset you.
He hardily conceded he was wrong. There is a 'but' on it.
After all the pot shots I got against me, what I'm doing is nothing in comparison.
How am I beaten here? I was proven correct?

Last edited:
Eh, They were all very cheap. Stevens was the only one who cost anything of value and he's still kicking about.
Ernie's point wasn't that they were cheap, it's that they were taking up a spot on a list that could have gone to another young player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ernie's point wasn't that they were cheap, it's that they were taking up a spot on a list that could have gone to another young player.
He has a point. People are saying that Young only cost pick 70. But would you prefer another Fletcher Roberts (PSD), Lin Jong (Rookie), JJ (Rookie) etc, or a Tom Young for a couple of years?
Of course the likelihood of a pick 70 being a good player is unlikely. But we may as well pick a raw player with development potential, rather than a tried-and-tested player like Young who couldn't crack a game at Collingwood even when they had massive injuries in defence.

Nothing like dragging up 18 month old posts about fringe players to keep people honest. :rolleyes:

I'll be interested to see if the same people are around to admit their own incorrect predictions in a year or two.

Goodes' delisting is almost as mystifying as his getting drafted and then elevated to the senior list in first place. He had a great VFL season and was voted best in our GF win. We finally woke up to the fact that he is not a HBF and can actually play excellent games through the midfield ... so we delisted him.

I can only assume that - like Lower - he was drafted for a specific purpose with a very limited shelf-life.

The further implication is that we no longer need the older hard-bodied midfielders to protect the younger players on the list, i.e. that they can do the heavy stuff themselves now and run out a full game. I hope it really works out like that.

Look at who was picked after Pick 69 (young pick)... someone make an argument he was any worse than anyone else still available

No? So how can it be argued that he wasted a list spot?
Of a long list of players still available at that pick that haven't done any better than Tom Young, I would only suggest Jack Frost and Jonathan Ceglar would have been a better option based on output to date.

Hmm..

Barry Hall, Aker and Crameri are all recent trades? All a success.

Hall 134 goals in two years.
Crameri first season, is only a 80 game player, kicked the same amount of goals as Wingard and couple less than Cloke/Darling in the home and away season, with crap supply and no experienced player support around him.

(*Aker was a success for 18 months)

Tom Young, Lower, Goodes cost nothing so what's the big deal?

Every club has stories about trading in crap players in recent history (Pies, Saints etc) Dogs are no different but we haven't paid much for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back