Our special little cousins to the west

Remove this Banner Ad

I wander how much longer North will be affiliated with North Ballarat in the VFL?

Would think it is untenable for the future. Question is how long until the alignments are dumped for a stand alone VFL team.

I don't get the anti-dogs sentiment, they are under siege in the west, they don't make a dime playing at Docklands and AFL wont let them play at Geelong. It is pretty much their only hope and we have obviously done nothing to strengthen our bonds or work behind the scenes to get the Ballarat stadium done.

We jumped from 35k members to 45k members, we should expect to grow if we have more on-field success in the short-term. We are in a better position to make the most of playing at that crap stadium, we are realistically unlikely to play any significant number of games both in Tassie and Ballarat.

We dropped the ball, left the gate open and the lost dogs wandered in. It has the stink of AFL manipulation all over it, but once JB got his dream gig of games in Tasmania then Ballarat saw the writing on the wall a lot of our supporters refuse to read.

I think it speaks volumes about the clubs that we both lost a midfielder this year.

Levi (who is behind Swallow, Cunnington and Ziebell in his position) left because another team offered him way more money and security at a team that plays big games at the G.

Footscray captain and best player by far Ryan Griffen left the crisis ridden cash strapped Dogs for LESS money at a club that plays in front two men and a dog in another state.

Last edited:

Would think it is untenable for the future. Question is how long until the alignments are dumped for a stand alone VFL team.

This should be our demand of the AFL ... you ruined our affiliation with North Ballarat. Fund us to run Werribbe as a stand alone.

This should be our demand of the AFL ... you ruined our affiliation with North Ballarat. Fund us to run Werribbe as a stand alone.

I don't think they want us anywhere near Werribee either. Just have North Melbourne play from Hardon Street, we can give jobs to everyone we have delisted, that way can keep great guys like Anthony in the blue and white even though he really isn't AFL standard.

I don't get the anti-dogs sentiment, they are under siege in the west, they don't make a dime playing at Docklands and AFL wont let them play at Geelong. It is pretty much their only hope and we have obviously done nothing to strengthen our bonds or work behind the scenes to get the Ballarat stadium done.

We jumped from 35k members to 45k members, we should expect to grow if we have more on-field success in the short-term. We are in a better position to make the most of playing at that crap stadium, we are realistically unlikely to play any significant number of games both in Tassie and Ballarat.

We dropped the ball, left the gate open and the lost dogs wandered in. It has the stink of AFL manipulation all over it, but once JB got his dream gig of games in Tasmania then Ballarat saw the writing on the wall a lot of our supporters refuse to read.

Rubbish post.

They cut our lunch and you want to pat them on the head and congratulate them for it?

ManOfClay ... any comments on this? Or is it a mere statistical anomaly?

Club experiences low membership when team is close to the bottom of the ladder... good scoop there.

Why are you baiting me to come onto the North board? Pretty funny that you decide to have this meltdown in the place where anyone who disagrees has no right of reply.

Club experiences low membership when team is close to the bottom of the ladder... good scoop there.

Why are you baiting me to come onto the North board? Pretty funny that you decide to have this meltdown in the place where anyone who disagrees has no right of reply.

You have the right of reply and any poster who says "meltdown" is a knob.

You had great success - by your standards - only a few years ago and your membership was still pathetic.

Wow you really are a bulldog.

Poster replies to quote with a rational comment, then says has no right of reply.

:confused:

Poster replies to quote with a rational comment, then says has no right of reply.

:confused:

I could have responded more the OP, which reeks of a sad old man throwing the toys out of the cot because he feels North are being slighted.

But well done on North's current situation. I can't wait until we're back losing prelims again. North are really amateurish in that regard

I could have responded more the OP, which reeks of a sad old man throwing the toys out of the cot because he feels North are being slighted.

But well done on North's current situation. I can't wait until we're back losing prelims again. North are really amateurish in that regard
We certainly prefer winning Grand Finals, that's for sure.

Christ, I'm bored already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I started supporting North at a time when we had 1 less premiership than Footscray. They were irrelevent to me then, in a 12-team competition, they are irrelevant to me now, and were irrelevant for those 40+ intervening years.

I've never hated them, just never really had much reaction to them. They exist, but it has no effect on my life. In the same way, I believe there are worms existing in my garden, but apart from a couple of chewed leaves, I am not otherwise conscious of their presence.

They have a handful of absolute tool supporters on BF (which team doesn't?), and some who seem like top blokes. I feel a teensy bit of sympathy for the latter group, but not much because: (1) it's their choice; and (2) I don't think about it much.

Did they cut our lunch re Ballarat? Meh. Are they copying our model otherwise? Meh. Actually, if they do it might be a step in the right direction. Because God knows they have had no direction for over half a century

We all do. But post-Carey it looks like North are just happy to get within 10 goals in a preliminary final
Lel.

Post 1954 the Dogs something....

Nah, couldn't be bothered.

252_brandy2_gif1.gif

What was your membership like when you were at the top of the ladder? Oh wait..

All that tells me is you're old and live vicariously through your team.

LOL, you have had such a warped experience as a Dogs supporter that you interpret the feeling that supporters get from their team's success as "living vicariously".

Just LOL. Being happy with flags is the definition of support. Dogs supporters are losers by definition, but you take it to the next level.

Thanks, you've made my day. Another Dogs supporter as stupid and bitter as gogriff. I didn't think such entity existed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back