Prediction Our version of the "Three Amigo's"

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks likely but who will he push out? Houli?
No, he will play with Houli. We do tend to have a 7th defender as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if Batchelor is in the gun if we are able to play Astbury and then Grimes takes Batchelors spot.
Maybe

Grimes Astbury Chaplin
Houli Rance Yarran
with Vlastuin as the 7th defender.

No, he will play with Houli. We do tend to have a 7th defender as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if Batchelor is in the gun if we are able to play Astbury and then Grimes takes Batchelors spot.
Maybe

Grimes Astbury Chaplin
Houli Rance Yarran
with Vlastuin as the 7th defender.

Hunt? I just don't see how Yarran possesses the same traits our other defenders do. Will be interesting to see how he goes though. Yeah, he offers run and carry which only Houli does, but how will he be defensively and one on one?

mcmahon-jordan.jpg
markov.jpg

Hunt? I just don't see how Yarran possesses the same traits our other defenders do. Will be interesting to see how he goes though. Yeah, he offers run and carry which only Houli does, but how will he be defensively and one on one?
The 7th defender tends to float from the wings to try for a spare man. Yarran will mostly be that player, but yes he will still have to man up when required. Its not as if he he completely clueless in this area, albeit he needs to get better like all defenders. I back him in to do this. I like Hunt, but I also think he is with Batchelor/Grimes for a spot. Houli wasn't that great as a defender and he has got a lot better, so I think that will occur with Yarran too.

With the draft now complete, I cant help thinking that Yarran, Edwards, and now Rioli have the potential to improve each others games. They all complement each other, and are creative forwards with some real speed and the ability to lock the ball in.

Our forward line could look like this.

Deledio Tyrone Edwards
Rioli Reiwoldt Yarran

We have two talls, that can mark the ball. Tyrone plays deep and leads straight from the square to either create a spill to allow our smalls to race on to it or mark it. We have Jack being Jack, who will be able to beat his opponent more often then not also with the ability to lead deep up the ground to mark then hit up one of our creative medium/smalls.

Just looking at it, the ability to lock the ball in and harass a opposition defenders trying to clear the ball is going to be great to watch. I am excited lol

Thoughts ?
If rioli lives up to his name this is the foward line I would pray for each week that the coaches picked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back