Remove this Banner Ad

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I did the research for this for a thread on the main board and figured I might as well post it here as well for interests sake:

Carlton - 12-10 = 54.5%
Melbourne - 13-12 = 52%

Saints - 11-11 = 50%

Sydney - 9-12 = 42.8%
Richmond - 9-13 = 40.9%
eagles - 12-18 = 40%
Collingwood - 8-12 = 40%

Adelaide - 9-15 = 37.5%
Dogs - 7-12 = 36.8%
Port - 7-14 = 33.3%
Brisbane - 5-11 = 31.2%
Essendon - 7-16 = 30.4%

North - 5-12 = 29.4%
Hawthorn - 6-15 = 28.5%
Geelong - 6-18 = 25%

A few things that surprised me:

- we have a positive record against Mebourne when I thought Carlton where the only team we could say that about

- I thought our record against Sydney would be a lot worse. Forgot that we actually had a good winning streak going against them in our early days. They were our original bunnies back then

- We've only played North 17 times in 15 years. I guess the AFL is worried they will go bankrupt if they have to host us in front of 200 of their fans too often.

well, it isn't too bad considering where we have finished on the ladder the last few years. I'm impressed with Melbourne and Saints, two teams i thought were a fair bit ahead of us and obviously disappointed with teams like North, Hawthorn and mainly Port. but good thread estibador:thumbsu:

We've only played Brisbane 16 times in 15 years too, thats an odd one.

Now how many times have they come to Subi? It is tough going from memory but I cant imagine that it would be more than 5 times, just like the bloody Pies, it is almost impossible to get them away from the MCG!

Ah, I thought it was all Brisbane.

I originally counted all Brisbane together but it was a bit messy with the whole Fitzroy/Bears/Lions thing so I decided to take it from when the Brissy Lions were formed.

Plus I thought I might update this after each season so the beginning of the Brisbane Lions seems the logical cut-off point going forward.

Now how many times have they come to Subi? It is tough going from memory but I cant imagine that it would be more than 5 times, just like the bloody Pies, it is almost impossible to get them away from the MCG!
9 times to us going there 7. I thought it was the other way around, but we must have played them here a lot early on.

Not to mention Fitzroy for a 1-1 win ratio from memory. I may be wrong there.

I just checked and it was 4 games for a 3-1 record to us. So that's one positive head to head we'll never lose.

And if I'm not mistaken we also have the honour of being both the last team to beat them and the last team to lose to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne will win a premiership long before Freo does...

Of course they will - because they've only been trying for a measly 45 years compared to our massive 15.

I love it how foolish Hawthorn fans assume we'll never win a premiership because we've had some hard early years. Maybe they should learn their own history before they go shooting their mouths off...

I can't remember being beaten by Fremantle in Melbourne, but we have some serious trouble and difficulty defeating your boys in Perth. Still slightly surprised by the win/loss record.

You're definitely one of our real bogey teams. Don't think we've ever beaten you in Melbourne.

Doesn't help that we have a shocking record at the Dome either.

edit - actually we did beat you once at Waverley in 98

That's understandable. However, you're building a really good team of youngsters so I'm expecting some hard fought contests both in Perth and Melbourne in the near future. I really don't think there's a lot between our two teams.

Good luck in '10 :thumbsu:

I just checked and it was 4 games for a 3-1 record to us. So that's one positive head to head we'll never lose.

And if I'm not mistaken we also have the honour of being both the last team to beat them and the last team to lose to them.

You are correct. I had the misfortune to be there when we lost to them at the Whitten oval and then we played them in Round 22 in their last game at Subi and whipped them by 87 points or so from memory.

The AFL definately did not look after them at all. Fancy not letting them play their last game in Melbourne. Rumour was that Freo offered to swich the games so that they could, but the AFL said no. Bastards.:mad:

I can't remember being beaten by Fremantle in Melbourne, but we have some serious trouble and difficulty defeating your boys in Perth. Still slightly surprised by the win/loss record.

it was at waverly, james clement kicked 5 goals for us at full forward, also i remember shaun mcmanus having a shot from 70 with all the bombers players thinking he wasnt going to take the kick, macca did a torpedo and as there were no bombers on the goal line, the ball rolled through! sheedy must have blown a fuse after that one. i enjoy the bomber docker rivalry, both being youg sides hopefully it will translate to a finals rivalry in the future

Not to mention Fitzroy for a 1-1 win ratio from memory. I may be wrong there.

I watched one of those game against Fitzroy on ch7two last night - it was our first ever win, way back in 1995. I'd forgotten a couple of our players names (i.e. John Hutton), but geez Kickett was all class. The umpiring was substandard, even by today's standards... and Chris Johnson was a very young, chatty, skinny runt - he was actually one of their better players though.

I watched one of those game against Fitzroy on ch7two last night - it was our first ever win, way back in 1995. I'd forgotten a couple of our players names (i.e. John Hutton), but geez Kickett was all class. The umpiring was substandard, even by today's standards... and Chris Johnson was a very young, chatty, skinny runt - he was actually one of their better players though.

Have the record from the game
pretty sure you lost to rich in melb and ess in perth before your maiden vic against the roys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back