Our W/L record against all teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Better get this out of the way before we get our shiny new presents to unwrap in a couple of days.

Despite a disappointing season we didn't take too much damage in the red column. Sydney hit us the hardest, just as we were within striking distance of levelling our record against them.

Coincidentally enough our straight sets exit involved our 29th match against both Sydney and Port and also our 16th loss against each of them. Obviously some sort of cosmic force was up against us last September.

In brighter news, congrats to Brissie who joins the elite group of bunnies we have a better than 50% winning record against. Collingwood the only others to move up bracket into the 40% group.

Only two more pre-derby sleeps until we level the record against the evil ones too.

Last edited:
Better get this out of the way before we get our shiny new presents to unwrap in a couple of days.

Despite a disappointing season we didn't take too much damage in the red column. Sydney hit us the hardest, just as we were within striking distance of levelling our record against them.

Coincidentally enough, our straight sets exit involved our 29th match against both Sydney and Port and also our 16th loss against both of them. Obviously some sort of cosmic force was up against us last September.

In brighter news, congrats to Brissie who joins the elite group of bunnies who we have a better than 50% winning record against. Collingwood the only others to move up bracket into the 40% group.

Only two more pre-derby sleeps until we level the record against the evil ones too.

Despite the Saints being utter rubbish they still improve their record against us........BOOO

Thanks that's a pretty good effort Esti!!

It would be a nice touch of irony if we were to finally level the derby record in the same season the eagles have gone with a slogan boasting about the west being theirs.

Last edited:
It would be a nice touch of irony if we were to finally level the derby record in the same season the eagles have gone with a slogan boasting about the west being theirs.
Probably one of the reasons they adopted it. I love how the tide has turned. A quick straw poll conducted on 20 6 year old girls at my daughters birthday last weekend was conducted by my eagle loving father in law. He was hoping. To get us to stop ribbing him about Kerr.

Dockers 15
Eagles 2
Sydney 2
Norf 1

Loved it. Shows what happens when you lose games during the formative years of young fans.

It was probably conceived precisely for this reasons, so that they can rebut all derby ledger discussions with their "3 premierships - the west is ours" retort.

Probably one of the reasons they adopted it. I love how the tide has turned. A quick straw poll conducted on 20 6 year old girls at my daughters birthday last weekend was conducted by my eagle loving father in law. He was hoping. To get us to stop ribbing him about Kerr.

Dockers 15
Eagles 2
Sydney 2
Norf (Enter the Draft Tipping Comp today!) 1

Loved it. Shows what happens when you lose games during the formative years of young fans.

The social media numbers paint a promising picture for Freo too.

Facebook
eagles - 213,040
Freo - 164,960

Twitter
eagles - 39,800
Freo - 37,700

Instagram
Freo - 38,800
eagles - 35,700

Considering social is generally the domain of the 'young' who aren't going anywhere for the next 20 years it points towards a more even split of support once the eagles oldies start to die off.

Would really like to see a comprehensive demographics list for both clubs, remember reading a while ago about what suburbs are strongholds for Freo and WC but can't remember what they were. I know we had by far the more diverse set of fans while WC typically held dominance in established suburbs full of old white people.

Would really like to see a comprehensive demographics list for both clubs, remember reading a while ago about what suburbs are strongholds for Freo and WC but can't remember what they were. I know we had by far the more diverse set of fans while WC typically held dominance in established suburbs full of old white people.

Once most of them baby boomers are gone "The West will be ours"!!! Muhahaha :D

Coincidentally enough our straight sets exit involved our 29th match against both Sydney and Port and also our 16th loss against each of them. Obviously some sort of cosmic force was up against us last September.

In brighter news, congrats to Brissie who joins the elite group of bunnies we have a better than 50% winning record against. Collingwood the only others to move up bracket into the 40% group.

That's what you have to love about Lyon. Even in a disappointing year he keeps clubs competitive. His worst year at the Saints they finished 9th, and it was his first as senior coach.

So long as he's coach Fremantle will remain a finals outfit.

People like winners. Especially Eagles fans. So a lot of them are no longer Eagles fans.
Why are they eagles fans? When you guys are playing bad footy again they'll jump onto our bandwagon. They are the people who don't watch football but 'follow' the winning WA team. It just seems like eagles supporters exclusively do this as we've been the ones doing well whilst you languished outside the top eight for most of our respective clubs history. Now that you're doing well and we're not, you're seeing bandwagoners jump on your bandwagon.

I've always believed that we'd fall behind you guys support wise at some point. I suspect in a decade this will be the case. Simple reason: you have on average a young supporter base and we have an older supporter base (I read a survey done in the mid 2000's stating you have the youngest supporter base in the AFL and we had the oldest). Another reason is you have an identity/location that people can associate the team to (Fremantle) whilst we do not (althought I've always assumed Perth as we did apply to be the 'Perth Eagles' after all).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are they eagles fans? When you guys are playing bad footy again they'll jump onto our bandwagon. They are the people who don't watch football but 'follow' the winning WA team. It just seems like eagles supporters exclusively do this as we've been the ones doing well whilst you languished outside the top eight for most of our respective clubs history. Now that you're doing well and we're not, you're seeing bandwagoners jump on your bandwagon.

I hate to admit it, but this actually makes a bit of sense.

Though the main reason we class them as eagles supporters is because every Freagle leans towards the eagles at heart. I don't think I've ever met someone who says: "I'm a Freo supporter, but I like both WA teams." It's always eagles 'supporters' who say that weak s**t.

I've always believed that we'd fall behind you guys support wise at some point. I suspect in a decade this will be the case. Simple reason: you have on average a young supporter base and we have an older supporter base (I read a survey done in the mid 2000's stating you have the youngest supporter base in the AFL and we had the oldest). Another reason is you have an identity/location that people can associate the team to (Fremantle) whilst we do not (althought I've always assumed Perth as we did apply to be the 'Perth Eagles' after all).

The Perth Eagles thing got knocked on the head by your members when the club put it to them, didn't it?

Though the main reason we class them as eagles supporters is because every Freagle leans towards the eagles at heart. I don't think I've ever met someone who says: "I'm a Freo supporter, but I like both WA teams." It's always eagles 'supporters' who say that weak s**t.
Two or three possible reasons for Freagles: due to Fremantle's lack of success, some of our fans don't actually hate your team as we don't have any particular reason for hatred apart from the manufactured rivalry simply because we live in the same state (but winning a flag or two would certainly change that). Second reason is that a big portion of our supporter base seem to have an anti-Vic mentality... and can you blame them. Being forced to play home finals in Victoria in the past, feeling wronged during the clubs own drug saga by sanctions of losing our 2006 flag, premiership points etc by the AFL. So some fans will support Fremantle if you come across a vic team. A third reason is only in regards to your grand final; some of us have family and friends who have waited a long time and put up with the lows of your clubs early history that they gave some sort of support during that game.
The Perth Eagles thing got knocked on the head by your members when the club put it to them, didn't it?
I don't know the specifics of this, I was always under the impression that the Perth Demons WAFL club kicked up a stink about the proposed name and we went with West Coast instead.

I don't know the specifics of this, I was always under the impression that the Perth Demons WAFL club kicked up a stink about the proposed name and we went with West Coast instead.

I thought your club put it to the members a few years ago because they could see the benefits in having a non-generic name (and were seeking to take 'Perth' before a third team could) but the members had become attached to the West Coast name and shot the proposal down.

That will be funnier when you link the club to the Perth Football Club in about two years!!

I thought your club put it to the members a few years ago because they could see the benefits in having a non-generic name (and were seeking to take 'Perth' before a third team could) but the members had become attached to the West Coast name and shot the proposal down.
Oh you're talking a few years ago. I was referring to when we first formed. I'm not familiar with there being a proposal of the sort. But understandably we're attached to West Coast now.

Far too serious a post.

I reckon your first part is right, but I doubt we'll have more supporters than the Eagles in the next 20 years. Most of the Eagles fans I know haven't jumped on Freo, they just stop following the game (or at least pretend they are). I doubt your age profile of supporters is that bad, but your membership profile probably is given you need to be on a waiting list for years before getting your selection of s**t seats at Subi. So most members have probably been around for a couple of decades or so.
In saying that, my kids aren't school age yet and none of my mates that have kids are either, so maybe at primary school level you know something I don't.

I live in Fremantle so it's not surprising that 90% of people I know support the dockers. But I know heaps more North fans than West Coast fans. I've always been surprised at the amount of North fans in WA considering they dont seem that supported in the east.

Wow. This is huge. I've been hanging out to ask a WC fan who lives in Freo if they've got their membership pack yet. Assuming you are a member EP2006, does yours say "The West is Freo" ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back