OUT: Carrazzo IN: Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton has completely lost the ability to even pick a side. How is a tap ruckman an adequate replacement for a midfielder?

We are now playing two tap ruckmen who can't play forward, and a ruck/forward in Casboult.

Carlton have totally lost the plot :$

Western Bulldogs starting 22 contains: Goodes, Cordy

Western Bulldogs starting 22 doesnt contain: Minson, Macrae

I would like to know what players/picks carlton would be happy to offer up to the bulldogs come the end of the year to secure pick 1 (Weitering).

I would like to know what players/picks carlton would be happy to offer up to the bulldogs come the end of the year to secure pick 1 (Weitering).

Huh?

Or is this trying to say that Goodes and Cordy are terrible, but because there's 22 players it doesn't make the team terrible?

Unfortunately doesn't work for Carlton. Our top 10 are most teams bottom 10.

Are you suggesting Carlton would trade pick 1 for Will Minson?

Must be something personal between Mick and Carrazzo.

A lumbering, dopey ruck and Cam Wood against a combo of two of the most athletic ruckmen in the league.

Good luck.

Just trying to make it fair to Hawkins.

If we played our best ruck (Cripps) then the Geelong midfielders wouldn't have a chance to get it against our gun midfield (Cripps), and so Hawkins wouldn't touch it, especially up against our best key defender (Cripps).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think its a relevant thread.

The late change symbolises Malthouse thumbing his nose at those that dare to challenge. Graham youd think was the obvious replacement on back of a best on ground effort in the 2s last week. There was a clamour for him to be recalled but that would almost mean acknowledging MM was wrong which is not an option

While we are at it. I've observed a lot of Robbie Warnock in his time in the AFL, I'm surprised his name doesn't come up as one of the luckiest guys to be on an AFL list for his ability.

It's pretty renowned that he's a marshmallow but his effort around the ground for a big guy is just non-existent. I must say I had a wry grin when I saw that late change last night...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He makes some strange decisions sometime for such a experienced coach. I remember in 2006 on a pouring wet day against Richmond and our late out was a small for a tall (I remember actually thinking a tall would be out for a small given the weather). The tigers did just that and 1 hour later it was tigers 9 goals to 1 in a game we were expected to win.

Devil's advocate, maybe that was the plan all along and it was a strategy the unsettle Geelong?

It's hardly Sandilands/Clarke, but we probably shouldn't forget the success that teams have often found when they have slaughtered Geelong's 'athletic' ruck duos, post-Ottens, and translating that into clearances. If you can make it effectively a non-contest in the hitouts and actually translate that into clear take-aways, you can put Geelong under the pump, though with Blicavs often being deployed as a second midfielder now, that goes some way to countering that.

Absolutely this is thread worthy. This was one of the greatest howlers in recent times.......

Three big, slow, lumbering lummoxes who are useless when the ball hits the ground. They had 27 possies, 5 marks, and 0 scoring shots between all three of them....and despite facing two inexperienced rucks in Stanley and Blicavs, only barely won the hitouts.

Add "doughnuts" Jones to those three, and you had four nigh-on useless big blokes bumbling around.

Absolutely this is thread worthy. This was one of the greatest howlers in recent times.......

Three big, slow, lumbering lummoxes who are useless when the ball hits the ground. They had 27 possies, 5 marks, and 0 scoring shots between all three of them....and despite facing two inexperienced rucks in Stanley and Blicavs, only barely won the hitouts.

Add "doughnuts" Jones to those three, and you had four nigh-on useless big blokes bumbling around.

There's the major issue. Carlton obviously would have expected to dominate the hitouts. In 2012, Geelong went into a game against Carlton with Orren Stephenson and Trent West (whom I'd argue were clearly better at the ball ups than Blicavs/Stanley) against Warnock and Hampson. Carlton got more than double the hitouts of Geelong and very nearly won the game, despite fielding nearly as many potatoes in the lineup as last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back