List Mgmt. Out of contract player watch 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty.

Where you can offer to trade a restricted free agent, a kid who hasnt shown much and a first round pick for one of the few potentially elite KPFs, and still demand a second rounder to even it up.

Anyway would think that after bringing in experience for 2014 for the most part we would only trade players for high picks especially given a strong core of our younger player will of played over 50 games at the end of '14. So now its just all about development and retention, and if someone does want out then trade them for a high pick which will help spread the age of our list.

Anyway would think that after bringing in experience for 2014 for the most part we would only trade players for high picks especially given a strong core of our younger player will of played over 50 games at the end of '14. So now its just all about development and retention, and if someone does want out then trade them for a high pick which will help spread the age of our list.

The thing about high picks is that they get paid rookie money, while good players require personal terms.

But at the end of the day, if someone wants out they'll just do a Lamb or a Frost, and decline to sign their contract extention, and then come to a heads of a agreement with the club willing to offer them the most money.

They are then able to go to that club in the PSD, and thats just how it works.

The thing about high picks is that they get paid rookie money, while good players require personal terms.

But at the end of the day, if someone wants out they'll just do a Lamb or a Frost, and decline to sign their contract extention, and then come to a heads of a agreement with the club willing to offer them the most money.

They are then able to go to that club in the PSD, and thats just how it works.

Frost was a rookie selection and the psd is really on its last legs, so trading or delistings will be how guys leave but lets just see how 2014 plays out before we start thinking about guys walking out the door

Would need 800k minimum over 4-5 years to grab reid. If that happened we would have huge salary cap space and eddie would make sure we got revenge.

When's Jeremy Cameron coming out of contract ;)

Good luck getting revenge on us!!

We are the AFL baby, you take us on and we will just get revenge and use our vast AFL resources to make sure it is a very painful revenge.

It was quite funny seeing Western Bulldogs fans offering Easton Wood and Dylan Addison up for pick 1 during the off season. That worked well for them didn't it??

If you want a highly rated former number 1 pick you need to give an established star (we'll take Pendlebury thanks;) ) or find a way of getting 2 early round picks. That is if we even entertain trading him which is no sure bet.

As there are a heap of good KPF's projected for next years draft it's probably not necessary anyway, but you can forget about trading trash for treasure.

BTW Patton has not done two ACL's, he had a clean up in 2012 and did an ACL in 2013.

Anyway moving away from Patton..

I would say our primary targets are o'rourke and plowman. Jaksch and Stewart if they decided to go home are well covered with the recruitments of McCarthy and Boyd so are of a lesser priority in my eyes.

Also with the assumption that whiley and downie both had an extra year minimum I can say that neither are at this stage worth us being cornered to give better money given that 2015 is the make or break year with re-signings for gws.

According to a random saints poster jaksch wants to be a seaford saint.

According to kristians housemate lachie Whitfield he is not homesick at all

I know who I would believe

On a number of occasions on twitter Jaksch has ruled out interest in moving to melb.

Also on O'Rouke hearing he is staring to settle in a bit better and apparently Shaw being at the club has played a part in that.

But with any of the guys that are not getting senior games with us theres always a chance they will chase more oppotunity else where and who could
blame them.

So, are the Saints 'in his ear'? 'Going hard at him'? Are they ready to 'raid GWS'? Do these posters have a 'very reputable source'?

Have a missed any of the buzzwords?

So, are the Saints 'in his ear'? 'Going hard at him'? Are they ready to 'raid GWS'? Do these posters have a 'very reputable source'?

Have a missed any of the buzzwords?

We can 'guarantee him game time' ;)

I think names like Patton, Jaksch and ORourke will come up alot for a combination of reasons. People will say they can't all fit into your best 22, that they are homesick, that they can't all be paid market value once you cap is levelled out. It's just something you guys are going to have to cop unfortunately as fans will want their teams to try and pick the eyes out of your list in the hopes of getting a gun on the cheap simply beacause you have to move some players on every year.

Personally I'd be after Frost before Jaksch anyway. Heard he wants to 'come back to Vic to be close to his brother' :p

Good luck for the year guys. Hopefully we can get through Melbourne without too much hassle and set up an undefeated, top of the table blockbuster next week! :thumbsu:

We can 'guarantee him game time' ;)

I think names like Patton, Jaksch and ORourke will come up alot for a combination of reasons. People will say they can't all fit into your best 22, that they are homesick, that they can't all be paid market value once you cap is levelled out. It's just something you guys are going to have to cop unfortunately as fans will want their teams to try and pick the eyes out of your list in the hopes of getting a gun on the cheap simply beacause you have to move some players on every year.

Personally I'd be after Frost before Jaksch anyway. Heard he wants to 'come back to Vic to be close to his brother' :p

Good luck for the year guys. Hopefully we can get through Melbourne without too much hassle and set up an undefeated, top of the table blockbuster next week! :thumbsu:
How could I forget 'guaranteed game time' and 'coming back to xxxx to be with xxxx'?! Haha

Unfortunately Frost barracked for Richmond growing up (another classic, 'oh he barracked for us growing up'), so we'll be trading him to the Tigers for half a bag of potatoes and the Saints will miss out...

Undefeated top of the table clash... Imagine that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is JOR's trade value? Truly curious about how highly the Giants rate him, haven't seen too much of him since he was drafted. Say the Saints have ~Pick 3 and 22, and the Giants have ~4, 23 and the end of first round compensation ~19, what would GWS expect?

What is JOR's trade value? Truly curious about how highly the Giants rate him, haven't seen too much of him since he was drafted. Say the Saints have ~Pick 3 and 22, and the Giants have ~4, 23 and the end of first round compensation ~19, what would GWS expect?

The Tyson deal is the model - we'd need to find a pick 10-ish somewhere, and then that and O'Rourke get bundled for your #3.

The Tyson deal is the model - we'd need to find a pick 10-ish somewhere, and then that and O'Rourke get bundled for your #3.
Would you expect a pick 20 in return as well? Also, how about Jaksch? Not suggesting either of those players will leave, FWIW.

Would you expect a pick 20 in return as well? Also, how about Jaksch? Not suggesting either of those players will leave, FWIW.

Depends - for example, if we got hold of a pick 15, then 3+20 for 15+O'Rourke is clearly overs, while 3 for O'Rourke+15 isnt.

Jaksch is another player that Im expecting to see interest - I think him or Tomlinson would start at Carlton, Melbourne and other KPP-lacking teams, for example.

Reagrding 'not suggesting they'll leave', Im notorious for pointing out players like O'Rourke, Tomlinson, Jaksch, Phillips and Downie who cant seem to break into our firsts will probably want to play firsts elsewhere rather than play NEAFL for GWS ;)

Part of loyalty is us ensuring our kids can build a career, and if thats elsewhere, then we'll deal on fair terms and find them a new home.

Completely different situation as while Tyson had injury issues he had shown he was quality and was up to the top grade and had also picked up a rising star nom in his first year.

O'Rouke on the other hand has played only one senior game and was very underwhelming in that game, plus is rarely among our best players in our neafl side.

Fyfe a chance? I'm not sure we need him but the kid is a star

Well the word is that when we thought we had Franklin we offered up pick 1 for him and can just imagine how well he would work with mummy in the middle but realistically it won't happen.

I just really wish we could of convinced Joel Corey to of joined us this year would of made such a different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back