Science & Mathematics Outer Space....

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time we hear of the incredible complexity of the universe, it can only confirm how unique we are to exist in such a perfectly ordered and functioning environment, and we cannot but glory in such a creation.

so ........ whats happened with the Kardashians lately

Considering the enormity of the universe and the high percentage of planets that harbor life, humanoid-like life, it's incredibly odd that there are no earth-like planets with humanoid-like life NEARBY. I am sure that there are solar systems where there are like say three earth planets next to each other....neighbors like Venus, earth, Mars, visiting each other regularly and advancing each other. Yet here we are completely utterly alone. Seems very improbable.

High % of planets that harbour life? I don't think so. We're a goldilocks planet, just right. So many things had to align for us to be here.

What I imagine is, what if instead of dinosaurs for millions of years, humans popped up instead. Another 80 odd million years of human civilization... What if there is a planet like that out there...

Watched the first 5 minutes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine last night but turned it off as I was too drunk. Intend to watch all 176 episodes.

High % of planets that harbour life? I don't think so. We're a goldilocks planet, just right. So many things had to align for us to be here.

What I imagine is, what if instead of dinosaurs for millions of years, humans popped up instead. Another 80 odd million years of human civilization... What if there is a planet like that out there...

That's the alternate improbability.....what if we really are alone in the enormity of the universe?!!

I am anticipating that North will be forced to relocate to the first life sustaining planet.
Hawthorn to sign a deal to play 'x' games on Pluto. It'll probably be warmer than Tassie.

That's the alternate improbability.....what if we really are alone in the enormity of the universe?!!

I personally highly doubt we're actually completely alone, there's too much going on out there.

But we may be ridiculously far away from any others that it's sad :(

Dr Karl is a knob who likes the sound of his own fast-paced voice.

He accepted a large sum of money to spread propaganda by global warming deniers, deniers who make money out of the procrastination in dealing with the earths number 1 issue. He is a pathetic corrupt piece of s**t. Like 90% of science. He selectivity quoted science to put a point of view across that makes others money. You can't trust anything he says.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cosmos is a lesser place that this mans message is drowned out. No ones trying to understand the cosmos, instead they're trying to conquer it. This pot smoking weirdo tried using the cosmos to unify man in a time we were seconds away from nuclear war. He was trying to save this planet. Many who he worked with, now advocate we find another planet to colonize as this ones (according to them) doomed.

However this mans thinking was fundamentally flawed, like all others who denigrate religion. He lived in a religious state (USA) that harnessed most of their scientific minds to make war on a non religious state with a better space program(Russia). This man couldn't see the stars from the planets.

He would be turning in his grave now that you can't deny science has given up on this planet and on humanity.

Last edited:
I simply cannot even begin to describe how the much the size and weirdness of this universe blows my mind. Ugh.
Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, ...

It is true. But the universe being the age and size it is, even a very low percentage of planets having life and even with a low percentage of them developing being the equivalent of microbes, there must be other technologically advanced (mostly way ahead of) species out there.

With something like 200 billion stars in our fairly average galaxy, and maybe 100 billion galaxies, the odds of us being the only ones so far as pretty small. Of course, relatively close still may mean hundreds of light years away so contact, physical or purely communications, seems remote for some time yet.

Or as someone else already quoted in this thread once put it:
It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

Where the Guide was wrong, of course, is that the Universe is not infinite. It is just very, very big.
Also, a subset of infinity is not necessarily finite. But as my personal speculation (I don't have the theory or mathematics to develop a theory) is that the ultimate size of the universe is zero, I have other issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back