Remove this Banner Ad

Top six:

Glenrowan
Bright
Milawa
Bonnie Doon
Tarrawingee
Whorouly

* Sixth place is up for grabs - KV, Greta and North Wang all a chance.
* Tarra unlucky not to be top four, but Bonnie Doon has the easiest draw in the comp, so I can't see them missing out.
* Bright v Tarra round one is a big one for the Mountain Men, especially with Jimbo and Zane out for the Dogs.

Round one tips:

Greta over Moyhu by 6 points
Bonnie Doon over Benalla by 30 points
Bright over Tarrawingee by 18 points
Milawa over King Valley by 24 points
Glenrowan over Whorouly by 48 points
North Wangaratta over Goorambat by 42 points

Top 6

Glenrowan
Bright
Milawa
Bonnie doon
Tarra

6th spot between whorouly and valley

Bonnie doon and bright the big improvers this year

Nonch also heard Ben bell might miss round 1 with a broken thumb.

Are Bright rated this year?? Who have they got?

Just based on natural development of their young blokes they would have been top four this year, but they have picked up plenty.

IN: Jason Gentile, Grant Harris, Scott Chalwell, Jake Mounsey, Dylan Mounsey, Daniel Sgambelloni, Sean McGregor, Cal Nicholls, Nick Howden, Ryan Peace

OUT: Nil

Just based on natural development of their young blokes they would have been top four this year, but they have picked up plenty.

IN: Jason Gentile, Grant Harris, Scott Chalwell, Jake Mounsey, Dylan Mounsey, Daniel Sgambelloni, Sean McGregor, Cal Nicholls, Nick Howden, Ryan Peace

Ryan Peace - King of the seven point play?

Top six:

Glenrowan
Bright
Milawa
Bonnie Doon
Tarrawingee

Then Greta/whorouly/KV/Moyhu

while I think glenrowan are only going to improve above the rest I think there is strong competition for 2-5 between milawa Tarra bright and the Doon.

Then another tight group fighting for 6th. Could be in for some great ges of footy this year.

Round one tips:

Greta over Moyhu by 15 points
Bonnie Doon over Benalla by 60 points
Bright over Tarrawingee by 18 points
Milawa over King Valley by 24 points
Glenrowan over Whorouly by 48 points
North Wangaratta over Goorambat by 42 points

Sounds like good depth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greta by 40
Bonnie doon by 60
Bright by 30
Milawa by 40
Glenrowan by 60
Nth Wang by 40
LADDER:
Bonnie Doon
Bright
Glenrowan
Tarra
Milawa
Whorouly

Greta
K Vally
Nth Wang
Benalla
Moyhu
Goorambat

I think we could be in for some great games of footy this year top five will be tight come down to healthy list at business end!

Went out to moyhu to watch them play Greta today. Greta were absolutely terrible and didn't even look like winning. I must say though, moyhu being a team this year who's expected to slide down the ladder they still have a solid midfield... Just nothing up forward or down back. Moyhu up by about 80 points at the 3 quarter break

When are greta going to learn to not talk themselves and there recruits up so early in the year??? To get belted by a team on the slide there in for a long year, bell and nichols missing aren't worth 17 goals

When are greta going to learn to not talk themselves and there recruits up so early in the year??? To get belted by a team on the slide there in for a long year, bell and nichols missing aren't worth 17 goals
I don't think we have talked ourselves up too much cheer. Like any club we try and recruit to suit our needs and you are always optimistic that you will improve from the year before. Clearly we still have a lot of work to do before we start thinking we are a good side.

I'd like to think we will not dish up a performance like that again in a hurry.

Not too sure why quite a few people are thinking North Wang is a chance to make finals. They struggled in 2014 and have a lot of ground to make up. Sure, they have apparently recruited some players, but I really don't think the quality is there. I watched them in a practice match a few weeks back and it was apparently close to there full team. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I might be wrong, but we need to remember that there quite a few sides who finished above them last year. I'm just not sure that these sides will drop off that much that North Wang will go up.
For what it's worth, my top 6 is: Glenrowan, Bright, Milawa, Bonnie Doon, Tarrawingee...and 6th anyone between Moyhu, Whorouly & King Valley. I'm already ruling out Greta, North Wang, Benalla & Goorambat for finals and to finish bottom 4.

Thanks for the late news Sandra sully. Although I don't know if shown the door is correct. He signed for rumbalara in the murray league a few weeks ago

Thanks for the late news Sandra sully. Although I don't know if shown the door is correct. He signed for rumbalara in the murray league a few weeks ago
Turned up at glenny training Thursday night after not doing a pre season and expected a game in the ones because he needed the money and was told he wasn't required, that the mail you got as well old mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back