Ovens and King 2015 Season

Jan 22, 2012
perth
AFL Club
GWS
Not too sure why quite a few people are thinking North Wang is a chance to make finals. They struggled in 2014 and have a lot of ground to make up. Sure, they have apparently recruited some players, but I really don't think the quality is there. I watched them in a practice match a few weeks back and it was apparently close to there full team. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I might be wrong, but we need to remember that there quite a few sides who finished above them last year. I'm just not sure that these sides will drop off that much that North Wang will go up.
For what it's worth, my top 6 is: Glenrowan, Bright, Milawa, Bonnie Doon, Tarrawingee...and 6th anyone between Moyhu, Whorouly & King Valley. I'm already ruling out Greta, North Wang, Benalla & Goorambat for finals and to finish bottom 4.

Dont think many at all reckon Nth Wang chance for finals or care about bottom 6-8 sides that could make finals! If they cant challange top two or three there just another number. Unfortunately like most footy comps gotta spend big to win big which makes for big gap from top to bottom but i think (hope) this years top 5 could be tight.

Rumourmill18

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just having a look through the clearances. I see Ben sanday from Kiewa sandy creek got cleared to Greta a few weeks ago, I assume he is the forward who was going to compliment brad bell?! I also see there is a clearance back to the tdfl and it's been denied by Greta?

cheer_cheer

Team Captain
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just having a look through the clearances. I see Ben sanday from Kiewa sandy creek got cleared to Greta a few weeks ago, I assume he is the forward who was going to compliment brad bell?! I also see there is a clearance back to the tdfl and it's been denied by Greta?

Maybe he watched them round 1 and wanted out, can't blame him

UnBiassed

Debutant
Apr 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
very little talk about G'Bat on here, i hear they have some handy players in Reaburn and a couple of others however is the rest just not up to scratch?

Get it forward

All Australian
Nov 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
very little talk about G'Bat on here, i hear they have some handy players in Reaburn and a couple of others however is the rest just not up to scratch?

Not sure on their side this year so time will tell how good the others are. Reaburn is a very good player and can play anywhere on the ground.
I did notice a clearance in for Cody Taylor from Benalla the other day which was denied. Would be a very good get for them considering he wasn't going to play this year.

Rumourmill18

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
My tips are milawa to beat North wang by 85
King valley to beat the bats by 70
Bright to beat whorouly by 40
Glenrowan to beat benalla by 100
Doon to smash Greta by 100+
And I'm tipping an upset with moyhu beating tarra by a kick

freeagent

Debutant
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow big upset , well picked rm18 what has been the turn around with the hoppers ? I thought they had only lost players rather than gained any , change of coach has them playing for each other maybe ? What is it ?

Rumourmill18

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
They have lost players, but still retained the better ones Waite, mcgeehan, Wilson, Craig, Dowling, welsh. Balf still toiling away as he does. Solid midfield but they just lack key position players, chf chb ff FB. Those mids are all goal kicking mids too, sure to give a lot of good teams a run...

freeagent

Debutant
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would have thought tarra would be able to match them in the mids and have them more than covered elsewhere , those guys are all pretty handy though . Any talk of Moyhu picking up any to help that spine ?

The Bunyip

Team Captain
Jan 23, 2012
Upper Kumbuckta West
AFL Club
Carlton
spearhead at bonnie doon with a fair bit of experience
If you're talking about the No: 25 in Chilcott then "yes". One of those players who uses his size to protect the space & work opponents out of the contest & an accurate kick too. Doesn't look quick so may be exposed if run off. But handy in front of the sticks for sure.

johnnymossop

Senior List
Feb 16, 2012
Toorak
AFL Club
GWS
If you're talking about the No: 25 in Chilcott then "yes". One of those players who uses his size to protect the space & work opponents out of the contest & an accurate kick too. Doesn't look quick so may be exposed if run off. But handy in front of the sticks for sure.
Must be closing in on 40 years of age - been a very good player in many leagues over the years. Chiila - journeyman and will be good out of the square for BDoon!! Good story

johnnymossop

Senior List
Feb 16, 2012
Toorak
AFL Club
GWS
Love the photo Bunyip!!!

franklinGWS

Rookie
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tips For This Weekend
Bright to beat the Valley by 64 Points although it would be closer if at the Valley
Tarra to beat the All Blacks by 91 points
North Wang to beat Greta by 19 points
Moyhu to beat Whorouly by 7 points
Bonnie Doon to beat Goorambat by 157 points
Glenrowan to beat Milawa by 37 points

Back