Ovens and King 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to watch Whorouly v Moyhu at Whorouly yesterday. Was a very good game and showed that both sides are about the same level.
Unfortunately, what a debacle and disgrace the rooms were in. Whorouly have knocked down both change rooms in order to have new rooms built. I see Moyhu were forced to get changed in what looked like a shipping container. When I looked into the room it looked like you would be lucky to fit 8-10 people inside, let alone all the gear that a club required for match day. Then they were forced to shower in portable showers which I heard were freezing cold. I pity the away sides who visit Whorouly in the middle of winter! Whorouly were getting changed in the tennis room around the back of the tennis courts.
I saw both clubs having to cart water, gear and everything required on the bench for a match quite a long way. The players were then forced to stay on the ground at half time - not something you want to do when it is cold and wet in June/July
I applaud Whorouly for fixing up there change rooms, but surely this would have been better done in SUMMER when there is no football and no changerooms are required??? They surely should have re-thought the decision of when to start a re-build or sort other facilities for the game because I wouldn't want to be playing football at a ground with facilities such as those.
Otherwise, great game of footy!

I don't think it's was Whorouly fault it, Wang Council is running the project as usual they have no idea.
It was meant to be finished by now , they swapped there first home game with Bright early in the year just in case
it wasn't quite finished but as Wang council couldn't run a chook raffle it only just started they have got no idea how important it is for clubs to play game at home early

Went to watch Whorouly v Moyhu at Whorouly yesterday. Was a very good game and showed that both sides are about the same level.
Unfortunately, what a debacle and disgrace the rooms were in. Whorouly have knocked down both change rooms in order to have new rooms built. I see Moyhu were forced to get changed in what looked like a shipping container. When I looked into the room it looked like you would be lucky to fit 8-10 people inside, let alone all the gear that a club required for match day. Then they were forced to shower in portable showers which I heard were freezing cold. I pity the away sides who visit Whorouly in the middle of winter! Whorouly were getting changed in the tennis room around the back of the tennis courts.
I saw both clubs having to cart water, gear and everything required on the bench for a match quite a long way. The players were then forced to stay on the ground at half time - not something you want to do when it is cold and wet in June/July
I applaud Whorouly for fixing up there change rooms, but surely this would have been better done in SUMMER when there is no football and no changerooms are required??? They surely should have re-thought the decision of when to start a re-build or sort other facilities for the game because I wouldn't want to be playing football at a ground with facilities such as those.
Otherwise, great game of footy!

I was talking to a mate who went and watched the bright game over the weekend and said they were a force to be reckoned with. They had no weak links or form slumps, very fit and well drilled.

I went out to watch the Glenrowan v milawa game yesterday, watched both ressies and senior games. Both games fairly one sided, Glenrowan far too classy in the seniors.
I did notice one thing however... Matt robinson warmed up with the ressies, played a quarter early on then didn't come back on, then I spotted him in the 1st half of the senior game, seemed a bit odd that he would play only a quarter or 2 in both games ??

I was talking to a mate who went and watched the bright game over the weekend and said they were a force to be reckoned with. They had no weak links or form slumps, very fit and well drilled.

I went out to watch the Glenrowan v milawa game yesterday, watched both ressies and senior games. Both games fairly one sided, Glenrowan far too classy in the seniors.
I did notice one thing however... Matt robinson warmed up with the ressies, played a quarter early on then didn't come back on, then I spotted him in the 1st half of the senior game, seemed a bit odd that he would play only a quarter or 2 in both games ??

I do remember Glenrowan doing this last year, from memory Lachie Cohan played in the seconds and seniors as they wanted a win in the seconds against a good side. Not sure on the circumstances yesterday but they have done it before.

Bright a very good side will be right up there at the end of the year!

Last edited:
I do remember Glenrowan doing this last year, from memory Lachie Cohan played in the seconds and seniors as they wanted a win in the seconds against a good side. Not sure on the circumstances yesterday but they have done it before.

Bright a very good side will be right up there at the end of the year!

Matt Robinson popped a rib out just before half time in the seniors that's why he didn't come back on the ground

If you had of stuck that tackle in the chronicle rumourmill maybe the valley may have had more chance.

To be fair the result was probably in the bag at that point...

Bright%20vs%20KV%20-%20Caitlin%207_zpstspjgbqm.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Might as well play it now.

What happened to Milawa being the benchmark?! Looked very ordinary on the weekend.
Glenrowan for sure.. I am confident bright will not make grand final when all teams are full strength. Don't write off the old sides yet nonch. Bit like the Spurs ;)

Last edited:
I think we might have the old team of champions and champion team scenario....Bright just seemed to me to be a lot tighter as a group...
What the hell have bright achieved too be rated a champion team. They've beaten a depleted tarra and whorouly. Please

I think we might have the old team of champions and champion team scenario....Bright just seemed to me to be a lot tighter as a group...
Maybe Slim you should worry about the Blacks Mate and not worry so much on what other Clubs are doing ...Slim I remember you were one of the many that bagged the meteoric rise of Glenrowan on 2013 and said if wouldn't last . Your comments in regards to Glenrowan are offensive to the players who travel back from Melbourne , Bendigo and as far away from Port Headland . This is the third year a number of these players have travelled long distances to play for Glenrowan . A lot of them are in the leadership group and a number of them have knocked back much larger offers to stay at Glenrowan and play in Melbourne or other Clubs . Glenrowan have retained the Robinson's , The Bradley's , The Pott's , The Norman's , The Cunningham's The Fox's the Cohen's etc because they love the Club , they love representing Glenrowan and most importantly they love playing with their mates and probably enjoy seeing the success they've acheived from nothing snd you know they would have been chased . Nigel Robinson is currently the longest serving Coach in the O and K ( concurrently) Its about time Slim that maybe you give them the respect they deserve because its not all about money and its too easy to say it is or maybe some Clubs like to use it as an excuse for them why things arn't happening for them . Glenrowan added a number of locals this year in Hanstead , Dyson , Cheong , Elliott, Fogarty etc etc , Glenrowan have lost one game since the start of last year and I'd like to know Slim if you can pinpoint it as you are such an expert on these things at what point and how many Premierships or games won do Glenrowan have to win before they can be called a Champion Team as well as a Team of Champions ???
Really I would like to know and seriously Slim maybe you should clean up your own back yard before you start commenting on others .

Maybe Slim you should worry about the Blacks Mate and not worry so much on what other Clubs are doing ...Slim I remember you were one of the many that bagged the meteoric rise of Glenrowan on 2013 and said if wouldn't last . Your comments in regards to Glenrowan are offensive to the players who travel back from Melbourne , Bendigo and as far away from Port Headland . This is the third year a number of these players have travelled long distances to play for Glenrowan . A lot of them are in the leadership group and a number of them have knocked back much larger offers to stay at Glenrowan and play in Melbourne or other Clubs . Glenrowan have retained the Robinson's , The Bradley's , The Pott's , The Norman's , The Cunningham's The Fox's the Cohen's etc because they love the Club , they love representing Glenrowan and most importantly they love playing with their mates and probably enjoy seeing the success they've acheived from nothing snd you know they would have been chased . Nigel Robinson is currently the longest serving Coach in the O and K ( concurrently) Its about time Slim that maybe you give them the respect they deserve because its not all about money and its too easy to say it is or maybe some Clubs like to use it as an excuse for them why things arn't happening for them . Glenrowan added a number of locals this year in Hanstead , Dyson , Cheong , Elliott, Fogarty etc etc , Glenrowan have lost one game since the start of last year and I'd like to know Slim if you can pinpoint it as you are such an expert on these things at what point and how many Premierships or games won do Glenrowan have to win before they can be called a Champion Team as well as a Team of Champions ???
Really I would like to know and seriously Slim maybe you should clean up your own back yard before you start commenting on others .
I think it takes a bit to be called a champion team even a team of champions! I belive in my time in O&K there's been one champion team and that dare i say it would be Moyhu of early to mid 2000s as much as i hated them i have a lot of respect for how they played and stuck together.

So what your saying is that a player travels back from port headland to play for the love of the club and his mates??wow that's a great effort considering the last time I looked at flights from port headland they were $700 to perth one way.he must really love the club?or the gear:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back