Status
Not open for further replies.

bodi

Rookie
Jan 9, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
ANy news on the Ovens and Murray at this time of year?

Who looks to have recruited well, who has lost players?

Silver_kid

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2007
Down the road
AFL Club
Melbourne
Re: Ovens and Murray

Should be some interesting after match functions over there!!!Few blokes whose reputations aren't super for their off field stuff.On the Doggies-surely the BMM set up their new recruit with his photo yesterday-had the stickers showing-very funny.

Yeah the Dogs and Tigers have been the most proactive in their recruiting so far, surely a few other clubs (nth albury, raiders, myrtleford..) would be a bit nervous considering their efforts last season and lack of recruiting big names so far.

Very interesting that Raines is going to wodonga... What do you mean with some of the "off field" stuff, the way they act around the club, to each other or having a few ales? surely thats common at all OM clubs...

daringclass

Debutant
Nov 21, 2007
geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne

Yeah the Dogs and Tigers have been the most proactive in their recruiting so far, surely a few other clubs (nth albury, raiders, myrtleford..) would be a bit nervous considering their efforts last season and lack of recruiting big names so far.

Very interesting that Raines is going to wodonga... What do you mean with some of the "off field" stuff, the way they act around the club, to each other or having a few ales? surely thats common at all OM clubs...
Have heard fitzy from myrtleford will join mckee, carty,and co to aberfeldie
in the essendon league?

The Toecutter

All Australian
Feb 25, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Essendon
Albury are the obvious one, heard they had 87 players at the first pre-season run. Gonna be some quality players miss out on games this year and don't be surprised if a great number go out to Hume league clubs.:) Despite Raiders signing up Lambert as coach looks like they are in for a long season, signings have only been former players and recruits from bush leagues. North Albury haven't gained anyone and probably can't afford any high quality players for next season. Wodonga adding a couple of handy players to go with Raines to their already strong list but dunno about the signing of Cameron. Was injury plagued when he last had a go in the O and M and wasn't in the best shape at Kiewa.

Dec 17, 2007
richmond
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool, sevilla
ANy news on the Ovens and Murray at this time of year?

rovers have lost cristoforo webb and n hill and appear certain to lose j allan as well. interesting to note too that outgoing hawk coach mcnamara has popped up as coach of barooga in the murray league after saying in announcing his 'resignation' that he wanted more time away from footy with family etc. certainly adds weight to the rumour that it was a choice of resigning or being axed

just reading too that yarra have signed michael stevens as well as a couple of big blokes mccabe from mulwala and keenan from spotswood

twobobs

Debutant
Aug 1, 2008
Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Sydney

Only rumours, but I have heard up here that Luke Rhodes might return to North Albury this year and that Griffin Underwood will be at Nth Alb as well.

Gun Recruit

Senior List
Sep 5, 2007
foward pocket
Other Teams
Doutta Stars FC

Only rumours, but I have heard up here that Luke Rhodes might return to North Albury this year and that Griffin Underwood will be at Nth Alb as well.

Bout time we heard a bit about whats happenin at north, coz they've picked up no one yet. Rhodes will be a great acquisition for the hoppers. there are 2 Underwood brothers isnt there ? if so, are the hoppers any chance of securing both of them ? Also, is this Griffin Underwood the bloke who won the division 1 medal at the Aus. Country championships at Shepp earlier in the year ?

marc_murphy88

Debutant
Mar 5, 2007
Tooleybuc-Manangatang
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Bout time we heard a bit about whats happenin at north, coz they've picked up no one yet. Rhodes will be a great acquisition for the hoppers. there are 2 Underwood brothers isnt there ? if so, are the hoppers any chance of securing both of them ? Also, is this Griffin Underwood the bloke who won the division 1 medal at the Aus. Country championships at Shepp earlier in the year ?

yep same one, has got the dreads, his brother is ryan... griffin killed it in the final v vic country i thort... it was wet and windy but he had clean hands and good evasive skills... what's the link to norths??

twobobs

Debutant
Aug 1, 2008
Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Sydney

yep same one, has got the dreads, his brother is ryan... griffin killed it in the final v vic country i thort... it was wet and windy but he had clean hands and good evasive skills... what's the link to norths??

Yeah, Griffin is the younger brother who won the best player medal at country champs. Again, only a rumour but the same source said that Ryan was going back to Sydney possibly coaching role. As usual a figure was suggested as to what Grif would be on - but who knows whether it is a correct figure or not. I dont know whether Luke Rhodes is the link to him going to North.
Rhodesy has been studying at UC and has now finished his degree (architecture I think). He hasnt decided what he is doing apparently, his missus is from Wodonga so they might decide to come back home. Again, unconfirmed stuff (mentioned at a party).
Good to see Myrtleford clearing up their debt, especially with financial futures not very secure at the moment (with maybe an exception to the Joss empire!!!). Did I hear correctly that Tim Sanson was a guest speaker at the Saints' function?

switch the play

All Australian
Jan 7, 2007
albury
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Couple more confirmed departures-Lee Fazerlacky from C/R has moved to the Gold Coast and signed with a club up there.Ben O'Donnell and a bigger blow to North-Adam Knight both moving to Perth.

Nov 1, 2008
albury
griffen underwood to north would be one of the biggest signings of the year no doubt. I dont like norths chances though, after the year he had at belco and the amount that they rated him when they signed him, they will be throwing all sorts of dollars at him to stay, could easily get between 1200-1500 a game up there and could probably ask for more.

Agent

Debutant
Feb 21, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda

It is true, Tim Sanson was a guest speaker and was probably the best of the night, very funny speech. It was also good to see Bahr, Almond, Hart there as well. The Night was a huge success with the clubs debt being wiped in one hit. All we need now is some local players to come back to the club and a few outsiders that can play and we will be competitive again. At present it is hard to recruit to a club like Myrtleford but as is the case when one signs others usually follow.

bads

Debutant
Apr 27, 2007
wangaratta
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's your problem peanut? If sacked why would u finish the season off and then front up to the presentation night you _u_k head.

Big Al 11

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2007
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Former Albury Tigers and current Holbrook footballer Aaron Pitson was recently on holidays in Thailand and had an accident there and has been left with some serious injuries and a whopping bill to go with it from the Thai Government/Hospital. He is still in hspital while recovering. Mates are currently organising a 'Last Man Standing' at the Star on the 7th of December to help raise some money to help him and his family to get him home and cover some money of the expenses. Tickets are $100 per head and a prize of $3000 for the winner plus piss included from 12pm-4pm. Even those who don't know Pitto are more than welcome to try and snare the cash. Normally not a site for this but certainly a worthy cause to a very popular former Albury Tigers and current Holbrook footballer. Tickets can be bought at the Star from Andy or Hodgy or from Bucks 0420979172 or Fez 0424626083.

Gun Recruit

Senior List
Sep 5, 2007
foward pocket
Other Teams
Doutta Stars FC
Couple more confirmed departures-Lee Fazerlacky from C/R has moved to the Gold Coast and signed with a club up there.Ben O'Donnell and a bigger blow to North-Adam Knight both moving to Perth.

North Albury fans shouldnt be too concerned because their recruit Nick Holman should be a direct replacement for Knight. Their similarities are uncanny !
The question is, will Holman be as good a two's captain as the inspirational Knight was...

Dec 17, 2007
richmond
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool, sevilla
What's your problem peanut? If sacked why would u finish the season off and then front up to the presentation night you _u_k head.

no problem at all. just commenting on the news i heard around the traps last weekend when up in in wang. good for him if he is big enough to front up to the presentation night. i am not having a go at anyone, just stating that it certainly seems a little strange that mcnamara has bobbed up as barooga coach after the circumstances which he said led to him relinquishing the reins at rovers

wizards

Cancelled
Nov 12, 2008
AFL Club
Gold Coast
North Albury fans shouldnt be too concerned because their recruit Nick Holman should be a direct replacement for Knight. Their similarities are uncanny !
The question is, will Holman be as good a two's captain as the inspirational Knight was...

I dont think anyone could be as inspirational as Knight, he was a leader on and off the fieldy watched a couple games of two's for nth and the strut was sensational....
more serious note tho north albury have struggled gettin big names at the club for a few years and if people are sayin this Underwood is worth 1200-1500 they have no chance...

bads

Debutant
Apr 27, 2007
wangaratta
AFL Club
Adelaide
no problem at all. just commenting on the news i heard around the traps last weekend when up in in wang. good for him if he is big enough to front up to the presentation night. i am not having a go at anyone, just stating that it certainly seems a little strange that mcnamara has bobbed up as barooga coach after the circumstances which he said led to him relinquishing the reins at rovers
Next time you're in Wang seek out the Flynns or Hills at their shops and get it from the horses mouth.

Wanganeen93

Debutant
Jan 3, 2008
Ballarat
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Newc Utd
Tigers, have arranged for tommy gleeson to come back to the club, he was playing with north ballarat, while down there for uni, and there now flying him up and back every weekend to play for them.. will be interesting to see if the expences pay off.

Nov 15, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
g'day im movin to wodonga and lookin for a club heres a bit of info about me.
well my name is hayden lockwood im 22 years old im 188cm tall witch is around 6'1 ft
i weigh 81 kgs.
my football history: i played my junior footy with the shepp east under 14's
i played in the ruck and i came runners up in the best and fairest in my second year and
was named captain in my third year i won the best and fairest that year and the next year
witch was my final year i also won the league medal that year
. i represented my league in interleague 3 years running
i was named captain of the inter league team in my last year.
i then moved on and played in the shepp bears under 18's side in the gvl
i played as a back pocket and later in the year got moved in to the midfield
in my first year i finished 5th in the b&f and won the best first year player
award.
in my 4 years of under 18's i played as a ruck rover a full foward and a centre half back
so i can pretty much play any where i won the b&f in 2002 and came 3rd in the league
i was named captain in 2003 but could only manage 4 games because of comittment
to the murry bushrangers under 18's tac cup side i came 2nd in the bushys b&f in 2003
in 2004 i managed to make the vic country squad
to play at skilled stadium in geelong for a chance to be seen by afl scouts.
i played with brett deledio who won the b&f at richmond this year.
unfortunatly i didnt get to play many games that year i played 12 for the bushys but
because i was in the vic country squad i had to travel alot and i only got to play one game
with the vic guys against S.A and that was it because i broke my wrist in a tackle
i went off to draft camp and did all the testing but unfortunatly didnt get drafted i really
thought i was goin to get drafted because i had meetings with hawthorn and collingwood
scouts and they showed genuine intrest.. my dreams were shattered and i stopped playing footy
in 2005 but missed it so i decided to play again but not in the gvl i played in the heathcote league
for huntly i played ruck rover and centre half foward i won the b&f and the league
b&f then in 2006 i stopped again due to work commitments and have only played a handful of games
for merrigum and undera in the kdfl just as a fill in.
any way now im changing jobs and moving to wodonga and was hopeing to play again and this is the
perfect oppertunity. im still pretty fit i run every day and get to the gym when ever possible and yeah
ready and raring to get back in to it. my ball skills are still pretty good also.
if any ones interested pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back