Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albury I believe is the front runner.
Do The Tigers have an accountancy firm as a sponsor or would he be another player on Jossy,s payroll?
If you own half of Albury Your payroll will generally be fairly large. It would be good to see Albury give some of there talanted youngsters a run

If you own half of Albury Your payroll will generally be fairly large. It would be good to see Albury give some of there talanted youngsters a run

Leave that to the other clubs around Albury/Wodonga to do when they move away from tigerland due to lack of opportunity. other clubs will end up beating the tiges with a fair bit of their former junior talent in a couple of years.

[/B]

Leave that to the other clubs around Albury/Wodonga to do when they move away from tigerland due to lack of opportunity. other clubs will end up beating the tiges with a fair bit of their former junior talent in a couple of years.
Everyone is saying there will be no room for Albury's youngsters in the side but ive still only heard of 2 signings at the club. 1 of which isnt a certain starter. Who are all these players your talking about?

Everyone is saying there will be no room for Albury's youngsters in the side but ive still only heard of 2 signings at the club. 1 of which isnt a certain starter. Who are all these players your talking about?

I'm just glad we're not stuck talking about either of the Wang clubs or Corowa....as is usually the case on this thread.:p

In other news it looks as though Wodonga will regain Simon Paton after a few years off, is expected back in the area before xmas, and provided he can get fit would probably play at Wodonga. Always had groin problems, I hear its an overuse injury...

Also could a former skipper be heading back to the club after a few years at a metro club?

In other news it looks as though Wodonga will regain Simon Paton after a few years off, is expected back in the area before xmas, and provided he can get fit would probably play at Wodonga. Always had groin problems, I hear its an overuse injury...

Also could a former skipper be heading back to the club after a few years at a metro club?

yeah silver - heard similar story about Simon Paton a few weeks ago.

Former skipper heading back = havent heard any rumours with that one. do you have any names? Does Paul Nugent play metro footy these days?

interesting silver - im sure this topic would really get up the nose of myrt supporters, but ill add my opinion anyway.

Im pretty sure the tigers struggled in the ACTAFL, so im not sure how they would go in the OM - but saying that, if they were to recruit some locals back to the club - they would be competitve no worries.

My solution -give myrt some confidence and go play in the O&K, make nathalia play OM so they dont smash murray clubs every year!

cheers

I think the O&M should persist with Myrtleford. without knowing their financial postion, everyone knows that a football club's form is often cyclic Whilst the Saints have not won a flag for a long time, they have been competitive recently. I am pretty sure that every current O&M team has won at least one flag since 1994, except Myrlteford. Keep in mind that they have played in 3 GFs recently though. That speaks volumes for the league and how it is run, and a credit to all clubs involved. Don't go changing the teams at teh moment.

Out of this current stiuation opportunities are created and I would think that Myrtleford would invite some of the blokes involved with coaching/committee of Wang Magpies in the 90s early 00s for a beer and a yarn at the pub in Myrtleford over summer. Admittedly Myrtleford does not have the employment opportunities and possibly smaller resources, but it would not be impossible to get the Saints up the ladder in the long term.

As for Wagga Tigers, one reason why they failed in the ACTAFL was that they struggled to get the quality players to travel to ACT/Sydney every second week. On another note, they would also not change their name from Tigers and subsequently clashed when playing Queanbeyan Tigers(guernseys were different but still Yellow and Black) - Can't see this going too well at Albury Tigers....

I think silver would be alluding to Brad Thompson, would be a very handy pick-up

In my opinion Thompson was the most important player in the Bulldog's most recent premiership team (which was overloaded with talent). His ability to orchestrate attacking movements predominantly from the back-line was the best I've seen in the O&M. His addition to what is already an excellent line-up would make the Doggies very dangerous indeed.

That is assuming he is somewhere near as fit and motivated as he was in the early 2000's

In my opinion Thompson was the most important player in the Bulldog's most recent premiership team (which was overloaded with talent). His ability to orchestrate attacking movements predominantly from the back-line was the best I've seen in the O&M. His addition to what is already an excellent line-up would make the Doggies very dangerous indeed.

That is assuming he is somewhere near as fit and motivated as he was in the early 2000's

Of couse... Brad Thompson - Very very good OM player. Last i heard he was boxing professionally and still playing football in Melbourne.

Would be welcomed back to the dogs with open arms i would think.

His ability to orchestrate attacking movements predominantly from the back-line was the best I've seen in the O&M.
no disrespect to thommo who is a gun but i reckon Glen Page in his heyday would have been the best.
Has anyone heard rumours that Graham Fruean is heading back to tigerland????

His ability to orchestrate attacking movements predominantly from the back-line was the best I've seen in the O&M.
no disrespect to thommo who is a gun but i reckon Glen Page in his heyday would have been the best.
Has anyone heard rumours that Graham Fruean is heading back to tigerland????

yeah he's runnin the tuck shop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of couse... Brad Thompson - Very very good OM player. Last i heard he was boxing professionally and still playing football in Melbourne.

Would be welcomed back to the dogs with open arms i would think.

legend status at the dogs - multiple BF winner, premiership captain, OM rep, State Rep...would be great to see him have another season there. His physical presence has a few players looking over there shoulder.

Looks like Wodonga are also after Raines, seems odd the way Corowa ended their relationship with him considering he has gone alright on-field there...

Interesting reading the article with the Myrtleford president the other day. It was good to hear some honest comments bout where the club is at. What about the comment on Hodgson, he must have been on a very nice wicket! Mind you, they'd have to pay decent cash to get a coach up there.

Wonder if they'll interview a few other presidents.
I'd be interested to hear from the albury president, what his name again... someone Joss!:p

Wodonga must be shaping up alright if they can get lamb,paton,bartel an thompson back. Also heard there talking to a bloke from Canberra.

Also heard Nth Alb still trying hard with big Ash Eames.

Are the Raiders goin to recruit any big names ?? or haven they got the coin? Heard they were trying to get the big FF that used to play at North under Lambert cant remember his name think he went up north.

Wodonga must be shaping up alright if they can get lamb,paton,bartel an thompson back. Also heard there talking to a bloke from Canberra.

Also heard Nth Alb still trying hard with big Ash Eames.

Are the Raiders goin to recruit any big names ?? or haven they got the coin? Heard they were trying to get the big FF that used to play at North under Lambert cant remember his name think he went up north.

Yeah wodonga did pretty well in 2008, a couple of handy pickups may just get them to the GF in 2009, obviously at this stage albury looks to be recruiting fairly well and should also pick it up another notch.

Worryong signs if the Raiders struggle to sign a few big names before xmas, surely they wont repeat their performances of 2009...

strong rumour goin around yarra, Chris Hyde could join his former teamate and close friend craig ednie and play for the pidgeons next year.
Wouldn't be a bad pick up me reckons :)

Why would they interview Joss, you pickle, David Kefford's the President, but good try.

That was the point you idiot! Joss is just a 'handy sponsor', but from an outside perspective he's the one making all the deci$ion$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back