Ovens & Murray Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Yarrawonga played Rovers in 2002 on Easter Sat and 700 people turned up
Lets get real here Easter is huge for tourists and the promotion the O/M receive free of charge i might say is huge for the League.
It is just another holiday on the border and there is no way between 5 and 8 thousand would turn up to watch a game correct me if i am wrong but i think the crowd for Good Friday Lavy v Tigers was 1800.

As fruit just said you all seem to forget how much money panthers make on GF Day especially over the past 5 years

Lets get real here Easter is huge for tourists and the promotion the O/M receive free of charge i might say is huge for the League.
It is just another holiday on the border and there is no way between 5 and 8 thousand would turn up to watch a game correct me if i am wrong but i think the crowd for Good Friday Lavy v Tigers was 1800.

As fruit just said you all seem to forget how much money panthers make on GF Day especially over the past 5 years

So play an alternate year In corowa.

Any chance of some O and M on T.V in 2014?

Surely we could get some on a channel GO or something ?

Thoughts?

realistically, maybe ch.31
Selected GVFL finals were webcast on the GVFL Website. This might be an inexpensive way to begin. Perhaps a contract could be organised to video games and make them available online as a replay. The audience potential would extend beyond the local area; consider former residents, clubs keen to recruit and those that love those age old league comparisons.

Meat Inspector,
agree with you. The league have every right to continue this.... great promotion and the exposure no doubt assists all clubs in their recruitment campaigns.

I dont understand the Corowa insinuation they get Easter Sat every year or so i am led to believe.
Do we want too rotate the Anzac game i know Yarra have said that that game is the right of Tigers and Hoppers they are the one who have put the time into the game.
Every club reserves the opportunity to maximise when the chance of a crowd arises.
Easter is not the reason that Yarra have one two flags foresight and risk has been involved and contrary to what everyone thinks they are not bankrolled by Alan Tripp also smart recruiting that has brought quality young men to the football club.
Was there all this emotion in the seventies when Rovers played in 9 GFs and won 7.

I dont understand the Corowa insinuation they get Easter Sat every year or so i am led to believe.
Do we want too rotate the Anzac game i know Yarra have said that that game is the right of Tigers and Hoppers they are the one who have put the time into the game.
Every club reserves the opportunity to maximise when the chance of a crowd arises.
Easter is not the reason that Yarra have one two flags foresight and risk has been involved and contrary to what everyone thinks they are not bankrolled by Alan Tripp also smart recruiting that has brought quality young men to the football club.
Was there all this emotion in the seventies when Rovers played in 9 GFs and won 7.

Was waiting for ANZAC to come up. It is rotated so we'll eliminate that argument. Im all for equality. Every club should have an opportunity to maximize income.

i am afraid this argument about equality will come up for ever and a day AFL is trying everyone wants the O/M to do it but it will not happen there is always going to be clubs who are up and about and clubs that are not.
i envisage in the next 5 or so years we will be complaining of other clubs being to strong.
There wasn't this emotion when both Yarrawonga and Albury were down the bottom.And that is all that not long ago.
Just let things play out, all clubs seem to be having a crack this year so maybe these two clubs have made everyone get off their collective arses.

This is a great suggestion. The Ovens & Murray seems to have an even draw with everyone playing each other home and away but the anomalies exist with scheduling. The league are making it even easier for Albury and Yarrawonga by giving them the best opportunities to cash in such as Albury getting Yarrawonga at home in rd 1 and Yarrawonga getting the Easter game. They are both huge tickets to write more cheques.
On fair opportunity I also believe that the Grand Final is great at Lavington but the catering rights should be taken in turn by each club over a 5 year period. For example Myrtleford might have the alcohol rights and Corowa get the food rights. The following year another 2 teams have a go.

MI I don't think anyone has forgotten that Lavi gets the catering on GF. I can understand how clubs get their nose out of joint over this. But If they were going to do that with the catering at the GF you'd have to look at doing it at all finals which I think makes It less likely. It can work in the hume league because they have all finals at one venue, but I think it'd be trickier in the O&M.

MI I don't think anyone has forgotten that Lavi gets the catering on GF. I can understand how clubs get their nose out of joint over this. But If they were going to do that with the catering at the GF you'd have to look at doing it at all finals which I think makes It less likely. It can work in the hume league because they have all finals at one venue, but I think it'd be trickier in the O&M.

In the Central Murray League the grand final is always at the same venue each year which is the Swan Hill Football Clubs home ground. They do not automatically get the catering rights. All clubs have the opportunity to put their hand up to cater the day. All other finals are allocated by the league to various clubs at their grounds on a rotational type basis. I must admit that it seems to work really well

the O/M Grand Final should be played at LPO thats only my opinion best ground best to watch.What happens after that should be left to the people who clubs vote for to run it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the O/M Grand Final should be played at LPO thats only my opinion best ground best to watch.What happens after that should be left to the people who clubs vote for to run it.
Agree mr head but I'll go further and say put all finals there and roatate catering like every other country league

Agree mr head but I'll go further and say put all finals there and roatate catering like every other country league

Wow!! Imagine what Wally Brear would be like if that happened. Couldn't believe he made a fuss this year after yarra won the grand final and went on to make themselves out to be a struggling country club.
I honestly reckon it was a dare whilst he was on the cans and he probably woke up the next day with a ripping headache and saw the paper and thought "oh sh!t"

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/...r-go-pigeons-demand-grand-final-move/#slide=1

Wow!! Imagine what Wally Brear would be like if that happened. Couldn't believe he made a fuss this year after yarra won the grand final and went on to make themselves out to be a struggling country club.
I honestly reckon it was a dare whilst he was on the cans and he probably woke up the next day with a ripping headache and saw the paper and thought "oh sh!t"

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/...r-go-pigeons-demand-grand-final-move/#slide=1

Ah sarcasm is a ripping component of us who posses a head in equal proportions .

Yarra plans for a 3 in a row are well on the way with immediate discussion to be had with Campbell Brown via his relationship with Fevola

Has anyone heard about D Jolly to pigeons !!!!
Jason Eagle to Tigers

Tigers are now pretty confident of getting Eagle. They are one of the last 2 options for him and Albury usually get their man when thats the case (gonna cost them a chunk though).

Anyone else heard Xavier Clarke (ex St Kilda) a chance at Lavy with his mateship with Koschitske helping out?? Be a handy addition if that happened.

The gap from top 3 to the rest seems to be widening further, with Albury, Yarra and Lav securing top quality recruits, where as the rest seem to be recruiting depth players from district leagues.

Tigers are now pretty confident of getting Eagle. They are one of the last 2 options for him and Albury usually get their man when thats the case (gonna cost them a chunk though).

Anyone else heard Xavier Clarke (ex St Kilda) a chance at Lavy with his mateship with Koschitske helping out?? Be a handy addition if that happened.

The gap from top 3 to the rest seems to be widening further, with Albury, Yarra and Lav securing top quality recruits, where as the rest seem to be recruiting depth players from district leagues.

Xavier Clarke has been appointed head coach of the Territory Thunder in the NEAFL. So I would say he is no chance of playing at Lavi. Raph may be a possibility, but as I say with X coaching the Thunder he's likely to stay in Darwin.

KK if there is one thing we do now a big chunk doesn't seem to matter too much.
I would think Brown would play VFL or give it away to concentrate on media

Xavier Clarke has been appointed head coach of the Territory Thunder in the NEAFL. So I would say he is no chance of playing at Lavi. Raph may be a possibility, but as I say with X coaching the Thunder he's likely to stay in Darwin.

Sorry and you are correct, it was Raph that was mentioned, forgot there was 2 of them. Sounds unlikely either way cause I was told this Clarke lived in Melbourne.

Anyone know what a full forward like Eagle would earn a game if 2 clubs are cpmpeting for his services. I reckon with his history he would kick close to 100 in a good side in the O & M. Would that earn him $1,500 a game?? More?? Its quite crazy now days to be honest but very good forwards who kick plenty are hard to find.

Should the league consider also awarding a trophy for 3rd position next year? Good luck to Yarra and Albury and its good watching them play but surely everyone else is playing for 3rd?? Would be great to see Lavy debunk this theory though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back