Ovens & Murray Season 2013

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
meat inspector,
yes, believe Jolly has been appointed as a part time ruck coach at St.Kilda. Thus, like Brad Ottens, does this mean he will make himself available to play some games, say up to nine with a club, be it Yarra, hoppers or any club in any league ? My point is ,,, why would a club want to do this at obviously a big cost per game.(player payment)...eg, in the few games Ottens played for Yarra, yes he was dominant, but didn't play in the finals games and was in no way a contributing factor to Yarra winning the flag....
Fev, has committed to most games over the past 2 seasons and has been a contributing factor to their flag wins. As has Pettifer and even Gram at the hoppers..whilst not having a good season, at least committed. For me, as a club recruiting, you recruit players that are going to be full time and become a part of the clubs on field and off field activites.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Where was he the past 2 years when his league needed him. Tarting himself around the country. Sick of the competition bowing to him.

I tell you what he is doing is helping keep the O&M on the map. The profile that he has given the league across the country over the last couple of years has been priceless. Interleague footy is dying and if he wants to put some energy into this seasons campaign why not let him. Plenty of leagues around the state that would take it

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree Roota.
The Fev has been a revalation for the league and the exposure it is getting.... not to mention he has been a top performer on the field and from what I hear also off the field, giving a lot of time to the young kids at Yarra.Regardless of all the f..K ups he has done, time to forgive to a degree and appreciate his efforts at Yarra/the O&M.....
Coach of the O&M side,,, not sure , maybe in conjuction with another experienced coach might be the go.....Imagine the team line up if all players made themselves available ( barring injury.) Now that would be one hell of a side.!!

no orange peeler

Cancelled
Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yankees tottenham hotspur ny giants
I tell you what he is doing is helping keep the O&M on the map. The profile that he has given the league across the country over the last couple of years has been priceless. Interleague footy is dying and if he wants to put some energy into this seasons campaign why not let him. Plenty of leagues around the state that would take it
Not playing for the o and m

Doggies#8

Senior List
Apr 15, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not playing for the o and m
I wonder if he will get paid as much to coach O&M as what he does to play for Yarra? Fev confesses his love for Yarra on twitter etc but if the money dried up he'd be out of there faster than a speeding bullet.
I doubt he'd get paid for interleague?? Lets see how keen he is once he finds that out...

meat inspector

Senior List
Mar 4, 2012
australia
AFL Club
Carlton
I wonder if he will get paid as much to coach O&M as what he does to play for Yarra? Fev confesses his love for Yarra on twitter etc but if the money dried up he'd be out of there faster than a speeding bullet.
I doubt he'd get paid for interleague?? Lets see how keen he is once he finds that out...

Sorry Doggies he already knows that he will not be getting paid.
He really wants to coach you would be surprised how smart tactically he really is and how fair dinkum he gets

head16

Team Captain
Apr 15, 2008
LPO
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wouldn't imagine eagle will end up at Lavi considering we haven't even spoken to him.

Back