over moderating of the eagles board

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
Not sure where to put this.

I might be alone in thinking this, but I believe the board is being seriously over moderated. Not pointing my finger at any one moderator, but it seems every day threads are being closed for stupid reasons.

Case in point, BB's for those who think woosha is a crab. Why was it closed? Because it was going no where? Let the posters decide that. If the thread wasn't generating interest and replies it would have died on its own.

Another one was a thread being merged with an older thread on the same topic. If its two threads on the same topic being discussed simultaneously, fair enough. But don't merge a current thread with a thread of 1 or 2 weeks ago which has died.

The whole point of a forum is for posters to discuss and debate topics. If a topic has been done before, so what? If a thread has two opposing views rehashing the same old arguments, so what?

Please mods, let things go. Let us posters get things off our chest, even if we sound like broken records. Let us decide which threads are worth posting in and which ones should disappear.

Only time a thread should be closed is if its a troll, has gone completely off topic or involves people calling each other names and not discussing the topic.

Case in point, BB's for those who think woosha is a crab. Why was it closed? Because it was going no where? Let the posters decide that. If the thread wasn't generating interest and replies it would have died on its own.

Only time a thread should be closed is if its a troll, has gone completely off topic or involves people calling each other names and not discussing the topic.

You answered your own question. When people create a thread to rehash arguments from other threads we tend to put a stop to them. We are just saving ourselves work down the line.

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
You answered your own question. When people create a thread to rehash arguments from other threads we tend to put a stop to them. We are just saving ourselves work down the line.

Cop out response. BB's thread was just fine. And its not the first thread closed unnecessarily.

Let threads moderate themselves. If its a dud topic the thread will die anyway.

Cop out response. BB's thread was just fine. And its not the first thread closed unnecessarily.

Let threads moderate themselves. If its a dud topic the thread will die anyway.
Bullshit... Plenty of dud topics hve been driven to overdrive from wanks getting in personal battles.

s**t threads are closed.

/thread

LordHaart

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
There should be a rule that if you resurrect a dead thread, you get banned for X days where X is the age (in years) of the thread. Would stop this inane offseason bumping rubbish. :p

Last edited:
Hang on, the Eagle Eye thread and question was legit. Are we not encouraged to search for (see below) a thread and use it?? I don't see what the date created has to do with anything.
When people create a thread to rehash arguments from other threads we tend to put a stop to them.

There should be a rule that if you resurrect a dead thread, you get banned for X days where X is the age (in years) of the thread. Would stop this inane offseason bumping rubbish.
Your panties. Unbunch them.

There should be a rule that if you resurrect a dead thread, you get banned for X days where X is the age (in years) of the thread. Would stop this inane offseason bumping rubbish.

As long as it isn't based on the age in years of the poster

I'd be ****ed

You need to read the rules mate:
http://bit.ly/BFRules
Check out #3. If we don't post in an active thread about the topic then we are posting inconsistent with the very rules we are told to abide by!

ITS ME

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2008
freo
AFL Club
West Coast
How can moderaters like larikin seriously close threads etc when they have those stupid vertical messsages which ruin our board and threads. Is it only me that keeps leaving this site due to this ever increasing anoyance

Back