Overrated things in life

Aug 5, 2004
FAR WEST SYDNEY
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sturt, West Perth
We did an Old Boys footy trip (Ages between 28-40) in May down to Melbourne for some footy games, stayed at Nomads where we'd had end-of-season trips in the past. Stayed there to put more cash into booze.

Was pretty much over hostel living the following morning, waking up and sitting on the end of your bunk, putting thongs on to have a shower....we all realised that next year, it's upgrading to self contained apartments. We owe it to ourselves.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Birthday Cake. When there is a Birthday do every other week you get sick to death of it. If it a celebratory toast, some chocolate or even a nice traditional roast I'd get it but what is special about a slice of cake. You can buy a cheap knock off anywhere anytime if you're that desperate, not as if it is rare.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What do you guys think the max age limit is suitable for hostels? I'm thinking around 30-35...
For dorms, early 30s is probably too old for males. There's the "creepy old guy" thing happening by that point. I think women can get away with it for a few more years. Nobody instantly assume they are gawking at the 20 year olds.
Private rooms, not such an issue. It also seems to depend where a little bit.

Birthday Cake. When there is a Birthday do every other week you get sick to death of it. If it a celebratory toast, some chocolate or even a nice traditional roast I'd get it but what is special about a slice of cake. You can buy a cheap knock off anywhere anytime if you're that desperate, not as if it is rare.

Birthday toast? settle down Heston!

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Energy drinks, filth

I fully expect them to be banned or at least have cigarette-style packet warnings on them in the next 20 years. Topic for another time, but I've often wondered how much 'alcohol-fuelled violence' perpetrated by meatheads after 12 vodka & red bulls is due to the mixer rather than the alcohol.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I fully expect them to be banned or at least have cigarette-style packet warnings on them in the next 20 years. Topic for another time, but I've often wondered how much 'alcohol-fuelled violence' perpetrated by meatheads after 12 vodka & red bulls is due to the mixer rather than the alcohol.

Alot. Too much booze will eventually put you down for the night, it is a depressant after all. Mix it in with a powerful stimulant so you can put off the physical affects of alcohol for longer, but continue to have your brain warped by the mental effects to the point of insane and irrational behaviour.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
Glenn Maxwell and Aaron Finch. Hacks like these making scores is a f**ing joke - take away the over sized bats, tiny boundaries and laughable field restrictions and your left with techniques that makes Bruce Reid look competent.

The one day game is so unbelievably f***ed right now. Laughed when Lara was asked if he thought Maxwell was class. He nearly started laughing out loud.

Back