Overrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Breakfast. Have skipped breakfast for around a month now and don't miss it at all, especially Monday-Friday.

NFL

watched 10mins of the superlol and turned it over, Probably the most overrated sport in the world
Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it overrated.

You understand it, you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean it's overrated.

I don't particularly like it either btw. Madden is pretty fun though

This is every response from every NFL fan I tell that I don't enjoy the game. I understand it, I just don't enjoy it.

The lack of flow, stop/start procedures & time outs really piss me off.....A game designed for advertisements.

Takes all off 20 minutes of real time to get 5 minutes of game time complete....Head-shaker.

AFL x 100>>>NFL.

The lack of flow, stop/start procedures & time outs really piss me off.....A game designed for advertisements.

Takes all off 20 minutes of real time to get 5 minutes of game time complete....Head-shaker.

AFL x 100>>>NFL.
The SuperBowl is more about the event rather than the game. Where else do you have $m's for a 30 second ad slot, elaborate half time performances and over the top celebrations, ticket prices are astronomical and a lot of celebrities get a free pass into the game? Which is why a lot of people come out of the woodwork for this one day and pretend they love it.

…Uh, no? I'm not self-absorbed enough to inherently think any time my opinion differs to something that it means that thing is 'overrated'.

To be honest I think that's the definition of overrated, you can only go by your own opinion on something, and if a lot of other people think differently it's underrated or overrated TO YOU!

AFL x 100>>>NFL.

Shouldn't that be AFL>>> NFL x100?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SuperBowl is more about the event rather than the game. Where else do you have $m's for a 30 second ad slot, elaborate half time performances and over the top celebrations, ticket prices are astronomical and a lot of celebrities get a free pass into the game? Which is why a lot of people come out of the woodwork for this one day and pretend they love it.

Is that your argument that it's not overrated? That it's a four hour commercial with a concert involving a bunch of pop stars that no man should ever admit to enjoying, over priced tickets and a bunch of celebrities pretending to care about the game for one day a year.

Sounds overrated to me.

Is that your argument that it's not overrated? That it's a four hour commercial with a concert involving a bunch of pop stars that no man should ever admit to enjoying, over priced tickets and a bunch of celebrities pretending to care about the game for one day a year.

Sounds overrated to me.
I enjoy American Football so it doesn't really bother me.

I enjoy American Football so it doesn't really bother me.
As a fan can you pinpoint when it became a big thing here in Australia? 5-6 years ago no one would even talk about it and now everyone is an expert, AFL players gush over it which in turn makes AFL fans do the same. You can say the TV Coverage would have driven it to a point but there must have been a fan base beforehand for them to broadcast it. I'm thinking that the rights would have been dirt cheap and it goes for so long that it would actually be cheap programming which is why it's shown on 7.

As a fan can you pinpoint when it became a big thing here in Australia? 5-6 years ago no one would even talk about it and now everyone is an expert, AFL players gush over it which in turn makes AFL fans do the same. You can say the TV Coverage would have driven it to a point but there must have been a fan base beforehand for them to broadcast it. I'm thinking that the rights would have been dirt cheap and it goes for so long that it would actually be cheap programming which is why it's shown on 7.
Probably when Ben Graham made the Super Bowl with the Cardinals in the 08/09 season, which would match the 5-6 years as you say.

Also that is around the time where it became available on Free To Air in Australia, making it easier for fans to feel involved

You obviously don't respect defense if you thought it was a terrible game

I do respect defense, DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller were beast.
Didn't explain myself very well. I was excited to see Cam Newton and the Panthers offense go bananas. Was more disappointed that it didn't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back