Overrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

As am I. The reason I mentioned it being that I attended an event at a club a few weekends ago. I was immediately reminded why it was never a regular social activity for me.
I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. I did so much of it i reckon i got burnt out.

I hated nightclubs even when I was in that 18-21 clubbing age, expensive drinks/cover charges, loud shitty music, full of douchebags and skanky chicks.

Pubs with live music is more my go but even pubs give me the shits these days with the price of drinks and the amount of tossers getting about.

I hated nightclubs even when I was in that 18-21 clubbing age, expensive drinks/cover charges, loud shitty music, full of douchebags and skanky chicks.

Pubs with live music is more my go but even pubs give me the shits these days with the price of drinks and the amount of tossers getting about.

That's the only place girls went when I was that age hence why they were "good".
You need to go to better pubs! Also, the cheaper drinks tend to draw a certain type of crowd that you wish to avoid. In other words, just drink at the local park :thumbsu:

What's not to love about skanky chicks?

Yeah it can be polarising when you tell people you love MMA and boxing. You either get a sneer or about 2% of the time "oh **** yeah how good was *fighter x* on the weekend?"

More like 1.5% is:
Man, that Connor Mcgregor!
Or whoever is the latest flavour of the month fighter, used to be Ronda Rousey.
No, * Connor Mcgregor.

Then 0.5% you get an intellgent conversation.

Isn't that the main reason why most blokes go out clubbing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that the main reason why most blokes go out clubbing?

I had higher standards, well not really, I didn't even have much luck with the skanks which is probably why I hate the joints.

The guys that did well in those places were the sleazy douchebags, it didn't suit guys like me that relied on my dazzling wit and sparkling conversation to woo the ladies as it was hard to even hear yourself think over the blaring dance music let alone have a conversation with someone.

I had higher standards, well not really, I didn't even have much luck with the skanks which is probably why I hate the joints.

The guys that did well in those places were the sleazy douchebags, it didn't suit guys like me that relied on my dazzling wit and sparkling conversation to woo the ladies as it was hard to even hear yourself think over the blaring dance music let alone have a conversation with someone.
A buddy of mine in Perth did very well with the ladies back in the day, but he relied on throwing his money around and the girls loved it. Pretty sure he's still single and trying his luck and he'd be in his mid 40's.

A buddy of mine in Perth did very well with the ladies back in the day, but he relied on throwing his money around and the girls loved it. Pretty sure he's still single and trying his luck and he'd be in his mid 40's.

Well I was just a poor uni student when I was 18-21 so I didn't have the money to throw around on girls, I could barely afford to buy myself drinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back