Media Owners Returning for 2014????

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm.. we might need to discuss an alternative to the many admins plan. The admin account needs to be attached to a team... and there's no way to just make the change via the UF interface. To get access to it mid season so we could make the changes we needed I had to message them on Facebook and ask them to make the change. Basically, it means logging in with the admin login would have access to that persons team, trade offers etc...

Hmm.. we might need to discuss an alternative to the many admins plan. The admin account needs to be attached to a team... and there's no way to just make the change via the UF interface. To get access to it mid season so we could make the changes we needed I had to message them on Facebook and ask them to make the change. Basically, it means logging in with the admin login would have access to that persons team, trade offers etc...

Okay yes not ideal but workable.

I suggest we either start a fresh or we look into giving one of the other 2 the top job if you can't be 100% available, then you can still be involved in other ways.

Okay yes not ideal but workable.

I suggest we either start a fresh or we look into giving one of the other 2 the top job if you can't be 100% available, then you can still be involved in other ways.

I am happy to take what ever role is needed, weather that be DiT being Head and me just helping out unofficially or if we can work it any other way.

I really enjoy the concept of this league, being a keeper league and being unique in its scoring system, and just want to see it succeed more than it did last year. And thsi involves cutting the dead wood, maybe replacing 2 of them and dispensing 2 or 4 ect and keeping the dedicated coaches.

Also are you suggesting we start fresh as in fresh drafting or just importing teams into a new league for structuring purposes?

I am happy to take what ever role is needed, weather that be DiT being Head and me just helping out unofficially or if we can work it any other way.

I really enjoy the concept of this league, being a keeper league and being unique in its scoring system, and just want to see it succeed more than it did last year. And thsi involves cutting the dead wood, maybe replacing 2 of them and dispensing 2 or 4 ect and keeping the dedicated coaches.

Also are you suggesting we start fresh as in fresh drafting or just importing teams into a new league for structuring purposes?

I agree in having 12 to 14 owners, this is what i wanted at the start of last season.

IF we can't get this CEO email business sorted we may have to restart the comp on uf, let's hope we don't have to do that. Other wise the new owners can be given the team of their choice depending on who we accept. Once we have all owners accounted for and new owners in (hopefully Nov 14??) we will then head into Trade weekNov 15 to 21 then Festival of the Chop (delisting) from Nov 22 to 30. Once the Chop has finished we can resume trading until (final date TBA around Feb 14) then it's Carlton Draft Time.

Thoughts?
Anyone else have a great idea, or even a nice idea?

We'll be able to move teams around to new owners. And I'm pretty sure if I delete teams (the 4 or so that we're considering dropping) that those players will end up back in the pool for a pre-draft prior to the rookie draft.

We'll be able to move teams around to new owners. And I'm pretty sure if I delete teams (the 4 or so that we're considering dropping) that those players will end up back in the pool for a pre-draft prior to the rookie draft.

I think we need sorry you Danger in Texas Jordie_tackles need to work out what dates need to be for each set up.

1. Finalise returning owners
  2. How many clubs does the BFFL want
  3. Invitations for new owners
  4. CEO DCEO decide new owners (unless vote)
  5. Invite new owners
  6. Trade Week (no trade for picks)
  7. Festival of the chop
  8. Trade Months
  9. Cease Trading
  10. Drop excess clubs????
  11. Regular Draft
  12. Rookie Draft
  13. Season commences
OR
  1. Finalise returning owners
  2. How many clubs does the BFFL want
  3. Invitations for new owners
  4. CEO DCEO decide new owners (unless vote)
  5. Invite new owners
  6. Drop excess clubs????
  7. Festival of the chop
  8. Pre Season Draft New Owners 1 each
  9. Pre Season Draft all owners
  10. Trade Months (no trade for picks)
  11. Cease Trading
  12. Regular Draft
  13. Rookie Draft
  14. Season commences

1. Finalise returning owners - ASAP, finding out who will be active (18/10) fumbler has already sent out mesages, if we tag them again and they are not active within the week (making it about 10-14 days) is enough?
  2. How many clubs does the BFFL want - I think this is hard, having 14 teams is better than 12 imo, but having 12 active teams is better than 14? It will be impossible to bring teams back after they are disbanded imo (within 7 days so 18/10)
  3. Drop excess clubs - Around the 18/10
  4. Invitations for new owners - I would suggest 2 max, and we already have one tentative candidate (put out the invitation after we know how many teams we require, leave it for (2 weeks?) (1/11)
  5. CEO DCEO decide new owners (unless vote) - I would say vote, everyone deserves an opinion
  6. Invite new owners - After the vote, give them 7 days to accept (8/11)
  7. Festival of the chop - Up until preseason draft (date less important at this stage) maybe (23/11)
  8. Pre Season Draft New Owners 1 each - ???
  10. Trade Months (no trade for picks) - Agree makes it easier
  11. Cease Trading - Agree (prior to draft)
  12. Regular Draft - (2 months prior to season)
  13. Rookie Draft - (Is this necessary?)
  14. Season commences - (perfect)
some like this?

1. Finalise returning owners - ASAP, finding out who will be active (18/10) fumbler has already sent out mesages, if we tag them again and they are not active within the week (making it about 10-14 days) is enough?
  2. How many clubs does the BFFL want - I think this is hard, having 14 teams is better than 12 imo, but having 12 active teams is better than 14? It will be impossible to bring teams back after they are disbanded imo (within 7 days so 18/10)
  3. Drop excess clubs - Around the 18/10
  4. Invitations for new owners - I would suggest 2 max, and we already have one tentative candidate (put out the invitation after we know how many teams we require, leave it for (2 weeks?) (1/11)
  5. CEO DCEO decide new owners (unless vote) - I would say vote, everyone deserves an opinion
  6. Invite new owners - After the vote, give them 7 days to accept (8/11)
  7. Festival of the chop - Up until preseason draft (date less important at this stage) maybe (23/11)
  8. Pre Season Draft New Owners 1 each - ???
  10. Trade Months (no trade for picks) - Agree makes it easier
  11. Cease Trading - Agree (prior to draft)
  12. Regular Draft - (2 months prior to season)
  13. Rookie Draft - (Is this necessary?)
  14. Season commences - (perfect)
some like this?

Perfect.

Number 8 allows for the new owners to grab a compensation pick as they will be getting a bottom team after all.
Does not have to go ahead as these are merely suggestions for you 3 to work out.

Perfect.

Number 8 allows for the new owners to grab a compensation pick as they will be getting a bottom team after all.
Does not have to go ahead as these are merely suggestions for you 3 to work out.
I actually think that's a silly idea. Some of those teams weren't bottom because they had s**t teams, they were bottom because they didn't log on and make substitutions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect.

Everyone was active drafting...I say let them have the team of their choice and that's it..

Serpentine for delisted players?

I actually think that's a silly idea. Some of those teams weren't bottom because they had s**t teams, they were bottom because they didn't log on and make substitutions.

Everyone was active drafting...I say let them have the team of their choice and that's it..

Serpentine for delisted players?

Both valid points that we should all be discussing and then vote on along with the new members.

I may act like an idiot in other threads but when it comes to this sort of thing i do take the fairness and equality among the clubs very serious, the more that we make it enjoyable and fair for all the more we will get out of it.

Put your suggestions forward that's all i did, i am no longer the CEO i am a mere stats man now.:D

I'll be retiring after my one losing Grand Final appearance as I dictated to fumbler via PM, he was really good about to his credit.

#Thx4thmmrsBFFL

No i wasn't.... i think you're completely selfish :)

Good luck fair prince for tomorrow is but a new day. Thanks for helping get this league up Karny :thumbsu:

Can I take his place?

I'm sure there will be a spot for you and you can most likely choose a team you want as soon as the returning owners are finalised.
I'll put you in the owners yes category:thumbsu: if thats ok with the other owners.

I agree, they have pretty good teams and will get better picks in both drafts, some of the bottom four were only just worse than me and I actually tried :(

I agree, they have pretty good teams and will get better picks in both drafts, some of the bottom four were only just worse than me and I actually tried :(

I only put that draft order in as a guide, it can be manipulated anyway the organisers want.
Hey aren't you one of them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back