PS4 P.T. (Playable Teaser)

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
So just played P.T. (playable teaser for the new Silent Hill for those that dont know)

HOLY s**t!!!! Makes Outlast a G rated kids game, heart was racing, didn't help playing it with headphones on in the dark. There's a method to finishing it and seeing the SH trailer but following a guide would ruin the tension so gotta try and figure it out for myself. I ****ed something up in the process and got killed for my troubles. My heart didn't want to start it all over again tonight. It should be up on our store tomorrow, i grabbed it from the US store but will re-download so i dont have to switch profiles.

If thats a taste of Silent Hills then I'm excited and terrified.

Jun 23, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
La Lakers
So just played P.T. (playable teaser for the new Silent Hill for those that dont know)

HOLY s**t!!!! Makes Outlast a G rated kids game, heart was racing, didn't help playing it with headphones on in the dark. There's a method to finishing it and seeing the SH trailer but following a guide would ruin the tension so gotta try and figure it out for myself. I ****** something up in the process and got killed for my troubles. My heart didn't want to start it all over again tonight. It should be up on our store tomorrow, i grabbed it from the US store but will re-download so i dont have to switch profiles.

Never played Silent Hill before. But a game that has Hideo Kojima, Guillermo del Toro and Norman Reedus involved sounds awesome.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray

HOLY s**t!!!! Makes Outlast a G rated kids game, heart was racing, didn't help playing it with headphones on in the dark. There's a method to finishing it and seeing the SH trailer but following a guide would ruin the tension so gotta try and figure it out for myself. I ****** something up in the process and got killed for my troubles. My heart didn't want to start it all over again tonight. It should be up on our store tomorrow, i grabbed it from the US store but will re-download so i dont have to switch profiles.

This makes me so ******* excited. Silent Hill 2 is still one of my favourite games of all-time. I'm looking forward to playing it.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just played PT and havr to echo previous statement. Brilliant. The wife went to bed, put the baby to sleep and played with headphones in. Fear inducing, loved every second.

Jan 8, 2008
United Arab Emirates
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

*. That. *. THAT. Played PT and will never be playing it again. You are correct in your post.

Aug 23, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
****. That. ****. THAT. Played PT and will never be playing it again. You are correct in your post.

How far did you get?

I'm usually ok with these type of games but this one had me switching my PS4 off straight after playing, just the whole atmosphere, the fact that the jump scares are part of that atmosphere and not just thrown in for shock value.

Doesnt help that each game is random in what can happen. Brother put up a vid of his playthrough and his death was way more random than mine and scared the absolute s**t out of me just watching it.

Jan 8, 2008
United Arab Emirates
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
How far did you get?

I'm usually ok with these type of games but this one had me switching my PS4 off straight after playing, just the whole atmosphere, the fact that the jump scares are part of that atmosphere and not just thrown in for shock value.

Doesnt help that each game is random in what can happen. Brother put up a vid of his playthrough and his death was way more random than mine and scared the absolute s**t out of me just watching it.

Didn't get very far, maybe 20-30 mins in. That first jump scare got me and I was even expecting it because it was the most obvious jump scare I've ever seen. Eventually I got stuck because you have to do things in a certain order and the tension just made me say * it and turn it off.

That part at the start
with the radio interrupting and saying "turn around. turn around right now" made me say "oh..... *" out loud. I don't even know if anything happened because I took way to long to bring myself to turn around.

Aug 23, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Video of brother getting killed in under a minute on PT. Take note of the shadow on the wall ahead of him as he walks down the hall. Was getting stalked from the get go :eek: * this game hahahahaha

Starts at 20 seconds, didn't trim out the loading screen, lol.

Edit: Facebook vid was private, just downloaded the small clip version (replacing the www. with m. on the link, no video downloading software work around ftw) so quality isnt as good.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2008
United Arab Emirates
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Video of brother getting killed in under a minute on PT. Take note of the shadow on the wall ahead of him as he walks down the hall. Was getting stalked form the get go :eek: **** this game hahahahaha

Starts at 20 seconds, didn't trim out the loading screen, lol.

Upload to YouTube, I wanna see it.

"Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings."

Jeez, P.T. is ******* awesome. First off, it looks great graphically, I genuinely thought for the first few walk arounds that I was watching a video that just gave me control.

Secondly, the atmosphere and overall tension is very well done. Ramped up nicely for my first playthrough, will have to give this more time tomorrow when I get a few hours to just go through as much and as many times as possible.

If this is just a sign of what's to come with Silent Hill, then we could have a horror king back!

rooboy335

All Australian
Dec 15, 2005
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jeez, P.T. is ******* awesome. First off, it looks great graphically, I genuinely thought for the first few walk arounds that I was watching a video that just gave me control.

Secondly, the atmosphere and overall tension is very well done. Ramped up nicely for my first playthrough, will have to give this more time tomorrow when I get a few hours to just go through as much and as many times as possible.

If this is just a sign of what's to come with Silent Hill, then we could have a horror king back!

Yep, once the player got off the ground at the start and you were free to move around I thought "no way". Then I walked through the door and thought "no freakin way!". Looks pretty darn great.

Too bad I'm a bit of a wimp and stopped after about 15 minutes. Not good signs for me with regards to playing the actual game when it comes out haha :oops:

Aug 23, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Yep they scaled down the graphics to go with the whole fake indie studio thing they were trying to pull for this teaser. Fox engine is an absolute beast if this is what it looks scaled down.

Sunk a few hours into it tonight, pissed me off because i had everything done but i couldn't trigger the final phone call to finish the teaser no matter what i did. Doesnt help that there's no definitive way to finish it either, people are doing * all and getting the call, so many different theories flying around as to what you have to do and what order, how many hallway loops etc etc.....well i triggered everything possible and collected all the picture pieces......then spent the next half hour trying to get that phone to ring.

Thought i ****ed up after collecting all the pieces, turns out there's a death that is actually part of the story, i knew it was part when i woke up in the starting room and still had my torch, but man, I've never had something scare me as much as that death did. Wife was watching me play the whole time and we just looked at each other in absolute shock horror, she couldn't watch for a couple of minutes after that and i had to put the controller down for a sec hahahaha. It was so random because you get a warning of sorts when the ghost chick is around, usually sobbing and some creepy music which you wait until it stops before moving, there was none of that prior. Also happened in an area i didn't expect at all.

Heres the actual vid for soiling ones pantaloons :D I was recording the whole session in case i got it finished.....had to turn it off so i can get up for work tomorrow :(

Again if this is the level of ****ed up we can expect in the new Silent Hill, I'm all in for shitting pants :straining:. This teaser absolutely nailed the horror atmosphere keep that and throw in the creepy nurses and pyramid head......oh *.

Back