Paddy Ryder- A post trade comment

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a Port fan, but I am a big Westhoff fan. He's the most versatile tall forward in the league, but that's been through necessity. I felt Ryder was recruited in order to free up Westhoff to focus on other things beyond ruck work (especially boundary throws) and being the main swing man. It's another option to sit Ryder on your own 50m to set up intercept and counters, with a kick down to Westhoff now possible, when last year he was the guy taking the intercept.

Hope both do well for Port this year, I know the Power seem to be everyone's second team at the moment but I flew 10,000 miles to watch the semi final in 2013 and enjoyed the company of and atmosphere created by the power fans, hope the team wins the Flag for them this year.

Not a Port fan, but I am a big Westhoff fan. He's the most versatile tall forward in the league, but that's been through necessity. I felt Ryder was recruited in order to free up Westhoff to focus on other things beyond ruck work (especially boundary throws) and being the main swing man. It's another option to sit Ryder on your own 50m to set up intercept and counters, with a kick down to Westhoff now possible, when last year he was the guy taking the intercept.

Hope both do well for Port this year, I know the Power seem to be everyone's second team at the moment but I flew 10,000 miles to watch the semi final in 2013 and enjoyed the company of and atmosphere created by the power fans, hope the team wins the Flag for them this year.

It does feel good to enjoy watching our team again. We still make rookie mistakes sometimes but the endeavour can not be questioned.

Thank you kindly. Westhoff is my favourite

Last edited:
Yes, I know what you mean.

Six days of ASADA submission but no eye witness accounts, no positive test results and no sworn affidavits.

We don't know for sure. Maybe ASADA presented sworn statements from witnesses. The only thing we do know is that they spent 6 days presenting their evidence and called 2 medical experts to the stand.

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Paddy Ryder's first Port Adelaide portrait shot courtesy of @AFLphotos #weareportadelaide

B8VkWMTCUAAcVSn.jpg:large
B8VkWMTCUAAcVSn.jpg:large
IabVwEY.png

some sooky teenager was trolling the facebook update about paddy ryder, got owned, made it obvious that he's a crying essendon fan, now he's deleted his facebook. i love teenagers and their crazy minds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question:

How come the general consensus is Ryder goes deep and Schulz still has to lead to the HBF? I would much rather keep our most accurate goal kicker within the goal scoring range, and use Hoff or Ryder to provide that lead up option, with Lobbe tracking around with the midfield group ready for any stoppages.

Yeah, bizarrely as we began winning a few our scoring rate dropped/Richmond's went up. So odd that EF. 1st quarter frees went against us 12-3, yet we scored 8 goals to 1. :confused:
In general yes. Like the Freo game at AO where Lobbe/Renouf just battled to hold Sandilands off. A few games like that.

Said it before and I'll say it again, our forward line started far too shallow off the centre bounce in 2014, the only time I remember it starting deep was vs Carlton round 1, and the Sydney away game.

A question:

How come the general consensus is Ryder goes deep and Schulz still has to lead to the HBF? I would much rather keep our most accurate goal kicker within the goal scoring range, and use Hoff or Ryder to provide that lead up option, with Lobbe tracking around with the midfield group ready for any stoppages.

that makes sense. why would anyone suggest an ageing body like Schulz should do the hard running?

that makes sense. why would anyone suggest an ageing body like Schulz should do the hard running?

I'll be stuffed if I know but I don't think I've seen it posted yet, pretty much all the reading I've done has Ryder planted in the 50 while Schulz has to do a St Nick impersonation. It is illogical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back