List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong Padraig Lucey - Rookie Draft selection no. 49

Remove this Banner Ad

Good pickup. It may have been selective editing but he looked totally below the level for most of the show and then a month or so ago he totally flicked the switch and stormed home.

The query on him is professionalism - so he is at the right club to iron that out. Upside is massive.

Will he be our first Irish/International signing?

I guess this addresses one of our issues in the need to draft a ruck - here is the project player and now to see if we can trade in someone that will actually stay on the park

Hmmm not that The Recruit actually shows us any footy but he hasnt seemed to show much in the mental strength department...

Also start losing the puppy fat son!

We definitely needed a project Ruckman, but we still need to get someone who is ready to go. I am definitely not going to make any judgements on him based on his performance on a reality tv show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not? They would have a heck of a lot of information on him (what we saw on tv would be a drop in the ocean), cost nothing, no risk.

*post is in reference to signing, not to discussion on him being our round 1 ruck ;)

I hope that's not the extent of our incoming ruck stocks this off season. May as well have recruited that girl with the bunny ears from Big Brother.
You can take Gorringe off our hands ;)

Seriously though, I'm a big fan of Padraig. Good to see you guys pick him up. I'm confident that it's a good acquisition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back