Prediction PAFC Punters' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who got on Robbie to win or each way for what odds? Wishing I got on for an each way bet a few months ago but I had a firm belief that the umpires would have been blind in the first half of the season (still are) and wouldn't have given him many votes. Voting for the second half of the season will be interesting.

Tom Rockliff on 7 votes.... Not sure I'll put my house on these predictions.

Buddy was pretty clearly best on ground that day. He single-handedly won Sydney the match.

I wasn't questioning the three votes that Franklin got - more the 1 that Ebert got.

If his name was Ablett, he would get 2.

Has anybody done a detailed look into Robbie's season and where he can poll votes. Has done very well in coaches awards, well he has won it, but of lot of media awards he has done well but nothing that would indicate Brownlow winner. I can see him maybe getting just under 20 votes which would not be enough to win it. You would think next year he would be capable having an even better year.. and would be in umpires minds from round one. Fingers crossed for him though, have a bit on him at long odds.

I had a quick go at it on the last page. Have a look if you want.

Who got on Robbie to win or each way for what odds? Wishing I got on for an each way bet a few months ago but I had a firm belief that the umpires would have been blind in the first half of the season (still are) and wouldn't have given him many votes. Voting for the second half of the season will be interesting.

I got on him each way @ 21. Think he's going to just fall short tbh and finish around 5th but a bog this week (or some unexpected early season umpire love, which I doubt) may still sneak him in!

I got him at 250-1, unfortunately it was only a dollar fun bet at the time.

Best bet I got was 19-1 for Port to be within 22 points of the minor premier!

Putting some emotional hedging money on the Crows to make the finals this week. $4.50 is pretty damn good odds for that. Richmond and Collingwood are unlikely to get up, West Coast are no shoo-ins against the GC at home, and even if West Coast do win the Crows can still overtake them on percentage. Nobody loves a good downhill skiing session like the Crows, I could definitely see them getting a 100+ win over the hapless Saints.

My long term bets were:
Port to finish top of their Group (Crows and Carlton) $50 @ $2.60 ....caching
Melb to finish top of their Group (GWS and Saints) $50 @ $3.75 ......nope
Sammy C to win Rising Star $5 @ $41 ..... :( (May roll over to next year)
Lobbe most hitouts paying something something. Coming 5th
Lobbe AA $10 @ $16 ......highly unlikely
Robbie for the Brownlow $10 @ $81 .....you never know!

Unless Robbie gets up it will be a fairly meh betting year (at least compared to last years gold rush)!

Novelty bet - Fremantle up by 19+ at half time, Port to come steaming over the top thanks to the 8 day vs 6 day break and win by 37+. It's not inconceivable - a 10 goal quarter in the third like 2007 should do it.

$10 @ $1000. Stranger things have happened :)

PS I fully expect to lose, by the way.

Has anybody done a detailed look into Robbie's season and where he can poll votes. Has done very well in coaches awards, well he has won it, but of lot of media awards he has done well but nothing that would indicate Brownlow winner. I can see him maybe getting just under 20 votes which would not be enough to win it. You would think next year he would be capable having an even better year.. and would be in umpires minds from round one. Fingers crossed for him though, have a bit on him at long odds.
i doubt he could have a better more consistent year, polling in 17 out of 21 games in the coaches award is phenomenal, i seriously doubt anyone has done that before, top 2 in 11 of those games. he should poll very well. hopefully around the 25 mark.

If Franklin gets 3 votes for his lucky goals against us and Brad Ebert only gets 1 for his 40 touches, there's gotta be something seriously wrong with the way umpires are adjudicating votes.
i think buddy will get the three votes in that game, his 5 goals won the game for them, brad should get 2 though.

Not sure of what the line is this week re the port/freo game...

but at the moment im thinking my multi will be something like this

port 1-39 / Hawthon -48 / Geelong 1-39 / Ess 1-39 /

having that as a standalone 4 leg then adding an extra team to make up the 5th leg

Adel 1-39
West coast 25 +
GWs 1-39
Sydey 1- 39

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$10 at $101. Will be watching the Brownlow keenly for the first time in yonks.

SANFL betting according to Sportsbet: Port @ $2.50, Norwood @ $2.25, Sturt @ $7 and South @ $8.

Pretty glad I got on to Port @ $7.50 and Norwood @ $4.75 at the start of the year. Have backed Sturt and South as well now, so I can't lose regardless :)

why arent Port favourites..? we finished top and had a week off and have our players back at full fitness now after that month with a bug. Also should have impey and a few others playing this week.

2 multis at $101 returning 6k and 20k off of $25 total.

$20 @$17
$91 @$11
$200 @$5.50
$100 @$5

all those 4 for most port adelaide votes.

Multis for this week

Port 1-24, Geelong 1-39 (wouldnt surprise me if north won though) port magpies 1-39
Freo 1-24, Geelong 1-39, Magpirs 1-39

Most goals Wingard and Robbie Grey

What on earth do i use my 75 free bet on?

thinking one of (but will take suggestions!)
maggies 1-39
Walters 3+ goals (what i would hedge with my port to win bet, i can't see us losing if he doesn't kick 3 +)
or tri bet port v freo Unders

What on earth do i use my 75 free bet on?

thinking one of (but will take suggestions!)
maggies 1-39
Walters 3+ goals (what i would hedge with my port to win bet, i can't see us losing if he doesn't kick 3 +)
or tri bet port v freo Unders

Don't really like any of those. Maybe the Maggies one.

How bout Freo lowest scoring team of the round @ 3.85, or Geel @ 4.25?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back