Universal Love PAFC International

I have lived in, and can read Cambodian ... and Thai is very similar. The LARGE writing in the middle reads:
Krop-Kran Lain Sip Cher (English Phonetics = Crop Crun Lane Sip Chur)
Krop-Kran = Perfect
Lein = Place
Sip = 10
Cher = trust
Perfect Place 10 Trust ?
Got to be a bank.

My spy in Bangkok has tracked her down.
She works at the the Kasikornbank.
http://www.kasikornbank.com

Her message might be interpreted as:
In furtherance of every dream.
One stop for credit facilities.
Towards Service Excellence

Or... "Set no limits."

A couple of 'international' items to report in separate posts, starting with :

1. During his interview on MMM yesterday, Kochie indicated that what he was looking forward to most this coming Saturday night was seeing grandson Oscar run onto the Adelaide Oval - the first Koch to do so.

There is a touring group of over 200 from Hong Kong - 45 being Auskickers of whom Oscar is one - in Adelaide for the weekend, invited by PAFC.

The children will play suburban matches on the Friday, and matches on Glenelg Oval at halftime on the Sunday.

The main event is of course the Round 16 match vs. Essendon on Saturday night at Adelaide Oval.
The children will be involved in happenings on the Oval pre-match, including a guard of honour for the Power as they come out of the Geof Motley Race.
Then they will be playing matches at half-time - the younger brigade starting at age five amongst themselves, and the elder group up to age 12 against a local opponent.

Would be great to get some decent footage, pre-match and half-time, on Channel 7.

Powerstufff has kindly issued an invitation for any of the tour group who are interested and available to join in the construction ritual for the banner that our guys will run through.

Last edited:
2. The Abbott / Hockey administration has decided that the Australia Network TV signal into the Asia-Pacific region will be cut latest 18 September - two weeks before the Grand Final.
Such blatant bureaucratic ignorance could only emanate from a rugby-minded government owned in NSW / Canberra.
And there was Abbott caught on TV during the Swans vs GWS match pretending to be an AFL fan. Chances are that somebody had to tell him how to spell 'AFL'.

This decision has AFL House hopping about trying to come up with a solution they can tell us about.
Our Grand Final Day Lunch in the Sports Hall at the Hong Kong Football Club has been placed in jeopardy pending assurances from the AFL that an alternative carrier for the Grand Final live TV signal has been contracted, and that the signal can be properly received in such places as the HKFC.
The HKFC is our Reciprocal Partner. They have been putting deadline pressure on their contractors to refurbish the Sports Hall - capacity 600 - in time for 27 September 2014. Now this.

A common reaction to this from Down Under is: "So what? They're only expats up there and they can all watch the GF on their snazzy computers."
This might generally be true. But not in our case.
We committed to the event last October, and among our 600+ guests on the Day will be potential Asian sponsors, and the China national team who will play an 'international' 12-a-side match versus a Hong Kong & Macau side on the HKFC Main Pitch before the Lunch in the Sports Hall.

The Chinese squad of 25, all university students in South China, will wear the same strip that we (PAFC I mean) are involved in producing for them for the AFL International Cup (IC14) to be held in Victoria from 9 to 23 August. The Chinese lads will also be coming to Adelaide.

China will be one of 18 men's teams involved in IC14 from all around the world, and this project will shortly be the subject of a separate thread.

brad the brain

Team Captain
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2. The Abbott / Hockey administration has decided that the Australia Network TV signal into the Asia-Pacific region will be cut latest 18 September - two weeks before the Grand Final.
Such blatant bureaucratic ignorance could only emanate from a rugby-minded government owned in NSW / Canberra.
And there was Abbott caught on TV during the Swans vs GWS match pretending to be an AFL fan. Chances are that somebody had to tell him how to spell 'AFL'.

This decision has AFL House hopping about trying to come up with a solution they can tell us about.
Our Grand Final Day Lunch in the Sports Hall at the Hong Kong Football Club has been placed in jeopardy pending assurances from the AFL that an alternative carrier for the Grand Final live TV signal has been contracted, and that the signal can be properly received in such places as the HKFC.
The HKFC is our Reciprocal Partner. They have been putting deadline pressure on their contractors to refurbish the Sports Hall - capacity 600 - in time for 27 September 2014. Now this.

A common reaction to this from Down Under is: "So what? They're only expats up there and they can all watch the GF on their snazzy computers."
This might generally be true. But not in our case.
We committed to the event last October, and among our 600+ guests on the Day will be potential Asian sponsors, and the China national team who will play an 'international' 12-a-side match versus a Hong Kong & Macau side on the HKFC Main Pitch before the Lunch in the Sports Hall.

The Chinese squad of 25, all university students in South China, will wear the same strip that we (PAFC I mean) are involved in producing for them for the AFL International Cup (IC14) to be held in Victoria from 9 to 23 August. The Chinese lads will also be coming to Adelaide.

China will be one of 18 men's teams involved in IC14 from all around the world, and this project will shortly be the subject of a separate thread.
Very disappointing news there Lockhart Road. I hope they change their tune.Does that mean it will be cut from Thailand ,Philippines and the like as well?

Very disappointing news there Lockhart Road. I hope they change their tune.Does that mean it will be cut from Thailand ,Philippines and the like as well?

We're all in the same boat.
A deal to switch to Eurosport Asia looks like it might be on trial.
This channel is carried on broadband in HK, and has started showing live one AFL match each Saturday.
Logically, Eurosport wouldn't be doing that in competition with Australia Network - as things are at present until the ABC's signal is cut - unless they were going to be blessed with the exclusive signal for the finals.
But when you're dealing with this government, it seems, 'logically' is a naive adverb to use.

The following notice has been on the AFL website since May:

Advice following changes announced by the Australian Government regarding Australia Network

The broadcast of AFL matches in the Asia/Pacific region are unaffected in the short term by the Australian Government’s recent Budget announcement. Until further notice, Australia Network will continue to broadcast AFL matches as per their regular weekly programming. It is anticipated this coverage will continue uninterrupted into mid-August. Furthermore, Eurosport Asia recently commenced broadcast of one AFL match per week into the Asian market.

For the longer term, the AFL and its partners are in dialogue to ascertain the outlook of AFL broadcasting into the Asia/Pacific market. We are committed to achieving a broadcast outcome that reflects the importance of fans in this territory to the AFL.

xflamedancer

Premiership Player
Feb 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
P.A. Magpies, Man U.
In regards to the Abbot and Hockey decision is there something the little people i.e. Us can do like emailing our members of parliament protesting the decision etc?

In regards to the Abbot and Hockey decision is there something the little people i.e. Us can do like emailing our members of parliament protesting the decision etc?

An action you can take that will certainly have instant impact... such as a parliamentary session being called in Canberra late into the night to discuss this vital international issue, with the Leader of the Opposition on the attack and Messrs Abbott and Hockey made to look like Dickensian dictators... is to put an irate call in to those two social dynamos, Cranium & cRowe, explain to them the situation (which they'll latch on to in a flash once they check the map and see where the Asia-Pacific region is - "Goll-eee, Bone, it's so BIG!").
These two Paul Reveres will at once put out the clarion call on air to all god-fearing, rugby-indifferent sports fans across the land to vent their collective spleens against their government's bureaucratic blind indifference.

Abbott / Hockey, thin-skinned as they are, don't seem to like the ABC calling them names. Cranium & cRowe have skins thicker than concrete and wouldn't know anyone else was in the room unless they were being called names much much worse. The perfect lobbyists.

Moral of the story: nobody is good for nothing.

Reality of the story: only two people have read this far. Guess who.

An action you can take that will certainly have instant impact... such as a parliamentary session being called in Canberra late into the night to discuss this vital international issue, with the Leader of the Opposition on the attack and Messrs Abbott and Hockey made to look like Dickensian dictators... is to put an irate call in to those two social dynamos, Cranium & cRowe, explain to them the situation (which they'll latch on to in a flash once they check the map and see where the Asia-Pacific region is - "Goll-eee, Bone, it's so BIG!").
These two Paul Reveres will at once put out the clarion call on air to all god-fearing, rugby-indifferent sports fans across the land to vent their collective spleens against their government's bureaucratic blind indifference.

Abbott / Hockey, thin-skinned as they are, don't seem to like the ABC calling them names. Cranium & cRowe have skins thicker than concrete and wouldn't know anyone else was in the room unless they were being called names much much worse. The perfect lobbyists.

Moral of the story: nobody is good for nothing.

Reality of the story: only two people have read this far. Guess who.
Me and you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

faquito

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Barcelona FC, Arsenal
A couple of 'international' items to report in separate posts, starting with :

1. During his interview on MMM yesterday, Kochie indicated that what he was looking forward to most this coming Saturday night was seeing grandson Oscar run onto the Adelaide Oval - the first Koch to do so.

There is a touring group of over 200 from Hong Kong - 45 being Auskickers of whom Oscar is one - in Adelaide for the weekend, invited by PAFC.

The children will play suburban matches on the Friday, and matches on Glenelg Oval at halftime on the Sunday.

The main event is of course the Round 16 match vs. Essendon on Saturday night at Adelaide Oval.
The children will be involved in happenings on the Oval pre-match, including a guard of honour for the Power as they come out of the Geof Motley Race.
Then they will be playing matches at half-time - the younger brigade starting at age five amongst themselves, and the elder group up to age 12 against a local opponent.

Would be great to get some decent footage, pre-match and half-time, on Channel 7.

Powerstufff has kindly issued an invitation for any of the tour group who are interested and available to join in the construction ritual for the banner that our guys will run through.

LR, will you be down with the touring group this week?

LR, will you be down with the touring group this week?

No mate. Day job keeps me in HK.

All other members of the Road Family however will be in Adelaide, and guests at the pre-match function and will thus be at the game.

Some big rally's going on in Honkers at the moment, LR. Have you seen these ? Was hoping it was for the PAFC :) although from some of my HK friends tell me its about what the PRC are up to ?

Some big rally's going on in Honkers at the moment, LR. Have you seen these ? Was hoping it was for the PAFC :) although from some of my HK friends tell me its about what the PRC are up to ?

It's a protest against the cutting of the ABC's signal into the Asia-Pacific two weeks before the Grand Final.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
300_tank.jpg

"You twell Hockey an Abbrott to go fruck demselvles"

Adelaide United announcing their new major sponsor tomorrow at the Exhibition Centre.

Guess what - it's a large China corporation.

Kochie talked at the post match function - about 30% full - about China initiative. I reckon most people missed it or tuned out after the first couple of minutes but talked about HKFC and the Auskick kids and his grandson playing at half time, UniSA, Chines sponsor down the track, a rich parent, the International Cup and the China team visiting Alberton before making its way to Melbourne. He talked about the GF lunch in this year and about "satellite coverage" but missed what he said about who was delivering the signal. Didn't mention the Australia Network issue but did say something that I missed LR.

so how will AFL be broadcast into HK after this? im moving to HK over the next month or so, so this is a very important item for me :)

Posts higher up this page will tell you as much as I know at this stage.

My bet is that Eurosport will be taking over the signal into the Asia-Pacific in time for the finals.

Kochie talked at the post match function - about 30% full - about China initiative. I reckon most people missed it or tuned out after the first couple of minutes but talked about HKFC and the Auskick kids and his grandson playing at half time, UniSA, Chines sponsor down the track, a rich parent, the International Cup and the China team visiting Alberton before making its way to Melbourne. He talked about the GF lunch in this year and about "satellite coverage" but missed what he said about who was delivering the signal. Didn't mention the Australia Network issue but did say something that I missed LR.

I guess it's just about time for that new, specific, thread that I've been threatening to open.

THE GUYS IN WHITE HATS WIN AGAIN

(Note the reference to 'including to China'.)

MEDIA RELEASE FROM THE AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE

The AFL today welcomed advice from ABC International that it is committed to broadcasting the remainder of the 2014 Toyota AFL Premiership season to audiences in the Asia and Pacific region, including to China, on its international television service.

ABC International will continue their broadcast service across all remaining rounds and the finals series, up to and including the AFL Grand Final on 27 September. In addition, ABC International has increased its weekly match coverage from five to six matches.

AFL General Manager - Broadcasting, Scheduling and Major Projects, Simon Lethlean said the announcement was great news for Australian Football fans in the Asia/Pacific region.

“There are a lot of passionate football fans across Asia/Pacific and they will be thrilled with this announcement by ABC International that coverage of their favourite sport will not only continue but will be enhanced with the addition of an extra match every round,” Mr Lethlean said.

“The AFL acknowledges and appreciates the efforts of ABC International to achieve a broadcast outcome that reflects the importance of Australian Football to supporters across Asia and the Pacific region,” Mr Lethlean said.

“We will continue to work with our long-standing international broadcast partner to reach the best possible coverage outcome for our fans in 2015 and beyond.”

Ends

BACKGROUND NOTE:

Eurosport Asia recently commenced broadcast of one AFL match per week into the Asian market.

AFL fans can also access AFL matches and AFL highlights via WatchAFL at http://watchafl.com.au, the international streaming service that allows people to view every game live or on demand on their desktop, mobile or tablet.

Patrick Keane

AFL Media Manager

Canoogs

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2012
Not Canada
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The modern Australian has great opportunities to work overseas and this trend will continue. Thanks to the efforts of technology, PAFC and supports like LHR they can remain connected with our great club.

LHR you have been a wonderful chapter in the turn in fortunes of our club.

Thank you!

Back