Universal Love PAFC International

Remove this Banner Ad

I have just received a copy email from the Club addressed to a mate of mine in Hong Kong who is converting his 'Football Club' membership to 'International' for 2015.
Everything has been set up, and all my mate has to do is click on the link provided, follow the bouncing ball and bingo he's an International Member with Global Pass.
The time the email was received was 9:30 pm in Hong Kong - midnight in Adelaide.
The email was sent by ... you guessed it ... Super Ben.

Edit: I won't listen to anyone who tells me this has anything to do with a lightning strike delaying the original transmission ... so don't try.

Last edited:

Adelaide United announcing their new major sponsor tomorrow at the Exhibition Centre.

Guess what - it's a large China corporation.

a chinese finance group?

Mind you I must add that I don't need to use my password yet as I'm still covered from last year's. In fact, I do not even know where to enter my password in the system.

If and when it becomes a problem I'll give the club a call.

Mind you I must add that I don't need to use my password yet as I'm still covered from last year's. In fact, I do not even know where to enter my password in the system.

If and when it becomes a problem I'll give the club a call.
Just received my passwords, thanks to Powerstufff who gave me an email address and the guy at the club was really helpful :) .

Stanley park, you can use your AFL TV account from last year, if your computer saves your password you dont need to log in manually everytime.

I just noticed, horror! The first practice game between Port and West Coast at the Parade isn't currently listed on the schedule for the watchafl.com.au website. Dear Port Adelaide- we exiles would like to see this game- we're gagging to see the boys play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just noticed, horror! The first practice game between Port and West Coast at the Parade isn't currently listed on the schedule for the watchafl.com.au website. Dear Port Adelaide- we exiles would like to see this game- we're gagging to see the boys play.

It's not getting an official AFL broadcast, so it won't be on watchafl.com.au

The best you can hope for is that the club does an internal job like that have for some trial games in recent years. Hopefully with Jacko commentating again!

Edit: but I would not be at all surprised if the broadcast agreement disallowed this.

Last edited:
It's not getting an official AFL broadcast, so it won't be on watchafl.com.au

The best you can hope for is that the club does an internal job like that have for some trial games in recent years. Hopefully with Jacko commentating again!

I've decided I'm coming down for the Friday, 27 February fun and game ... and staying until at least the Sunday, 8 March match.

Hope to see as many of you at Alberton & the Parade as I can.

2015 International Membership Pack just arrived.

Sent from Kowloon East on 13 Feb 2015, postage HK$004.50.
Kowloon East is a quick MTR ride under the harbour from where I live. Tiny world indeed.

Magnet at top of fridge door, lanyard around neck, membership card attached, badge ready to go, bumper sticker ready to stick... have luggage label will travel.
Kitted up, ready for my Alberton invasion next week.

Edit: Pen? Who stole my pen? It was here a second ago...!

I've got word that Australia Plus will be taking up coverage of the 2015 season in Thailand (at least). I presume that you can access from HK, Lockhart Road? At this stage, I don't know if it will be the 4 games per week scenario, same as the Australian Network before hand, but fingers crossed it will be this at a minimum.

I also am interested in becoming an International member, however I have sent an email to the club, via the Membership page link, asking whether the "stream" available can be used on smart tv (as opposed to tablet, pc or phone). No reply as of yet, so will give it a few more days before trying again.

I have just bought a bar in Pattaya (yeah I know - more the fool me haha), and with the locals and international visitors alike, I suspect I will have a chance of converting quite a few "newbies" into PAFC supporters this year and beyond.

Cheers

I've got word that Australia Plus will be taking up coverage of the 2015 season in Thailand (at least). I presume that you can access from HK, Lockhart Road? At this stage, I don't know if it will be the 4 games per week scenario, same as the Australian Network before hand, but fingers crossed it will be this at a minimum.

I also am interested in becoming an International member, however I have sent an email to the club, via the Membership page link, asking whether the "stream" available can be used on smart tv (as opposed to tablet, pc or phone). No reply as of yet, so will give it a few more days before trying again.

I have just bought a bar in Pattaya (yeah I know - more the fool me haha), and with the locals and international visitors alike, I suspect I will have a chance of converting quite a few "newbies" into PAFC supporters this year and beyond.

Cheers
How would you access it with a smart TV? You could stream it from a tablet to your TV with something like Apple TV. But I can't think of any other way

Cheers

If all that fails and you need a solution for your bar, I suggest you investigate Slingbox.

http://www.slingbox.com/ and for the basic how it works http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slingbox

Thanks for the heads up REH...
The slingbox unit would be with a TV in Oz with a Port supporter you know, the internet cable plugged into the slingbox, and load up software onto your computer in Thailand and plug into the internet and you sling the Oz TV signal across the net to you in Thailand. Then link up your computer and TV with a HDMI cable. Using your computer you can change channels on your TV in Oz.

The slingbox unit would be with a TV in Oz with a Port supporter you know, the internet cable plugged into the slingbox, and load up software onto your computer in Thailand and plug into the internet and you sling the Oz TV signal across the net to you in Thailand. Then link up your computer and TV with a HDMI cable. Using your computer you can change channels on your TV in Oz.

Quite a few friends over here use Slingbox (mainly Poms who want Premier League coverage) and they all swear by it.

I thought about it but am quite happy using the AFL Globalpass to either watch the footy on my PC (without family interruptions) or just run a HDMI cable to the TV when family aren't around.

Cheers

It appears that Australia Plus, as the scaled down version of Australia Network - c/- Sir Tony Abbott & Sir Joe Hockey - will be continuing live telecast of at least some of the pre-season matches. I expect the season proper will follow.

The way for you to go is the International Membership via the PAFC membership webpage @ A$155 which you can ultimately direct on to your Pattaya email address on your own pc screen and, by cable, connect to the screen in your bar, whose name is .... ?

PS: Bring in the local Russian mafia to watch the games for free and you're home and hosed.

It appears that Australia Plus, as the scaled down version of Australia Network - c/- Sir Tony Abbott & Sir Joe Hockey - will be continuing live telecast of at least some of the pre-season matches. I expect the season proper will follow.

The way for you to go is the International Membership via the PAFC membership webpage @ A$155 which you can ultimately direct on to your Pattaya email address on your own pc screen and, by cable, connect to the screen in your bar, whose name is .... ?

PS: Bring in the local Russian mafia to watch the games for free and you're home and hosed.

They've mostly left the building these past few months...however like an on-going groin injury, every time you think you're clear, something "twangs" just to remind you it's still there...haha

I'll turn the bar into a Port Adelaide type shrine, of sorts, before slipping the name on here. I need to make sure that I can get the Port games #liveandloud before commencing the crusade too ;) Thanks for your suggestion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back