Paige Cardona's Phantom Draft: 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Paige great read.

Just wondering who you have your eye on supercoach wise?? For next year and also long term. Who are going to be the guns coming out of this years draft??

Cheers

Waterman was a steal for WCE!

Certainly hope so... I guess other teams saw him as a flight risk. There was some talk of him going in the first round or two earlier this year, but I guess the recent form of other prospective draftees has put that in perspective somewhat.

SCPaige great read.

I completed mine over the weekend but want to hold off for testing and a few other finals games etc before putting it up.

Be interested in your general thoughts on the draft pool. My personal view was that probably top 8-9 are elite, then next 10 or so v good and then have actually a pretty balanced group to 60-70 or so.

Couple I think are unders. Cavka is soaring up and I think he will go quite high. Terrific size and I think his ability to win own footy a bit more pronounced than you have based on the games I have seen of his and coupled with his finals campaign has him going high for me.

Other one is Connor Blakely. I have watched a lot of him and his senior WAFL games late in the season were very very good. Terrific size and is good in and out. I actually think he will end higher than most think.

Reece McKenzie. I reckon thats pretty high for him.

G'day snoop!

I think guys like Petracca, McCartin, Brayshaw, Wright - those four in particular are really the clear elite players in this pool at the moment. Throw a blanket over about 8 who could easily throw their hand up for pick 5, and then the rest is a lottery, it'll really hinge on personally preference of a player rather than a 'best avilable' given the evenness of this crop.

I'm of the belief that this draft is deep, and it's even. A player you rate may slip through to your next pick purely because of the dividing opinions. That in itself was reflected by the record number of players who missed out by one vote on attending the National Combine, having to then settle for the state combine.

Version 5.0 will be out on Monday :)

Bampton and Anderson too late for mine, think they're both 2nd-rounders. Billy Evans will surely get drafted as well.

The issue I have with bampton is that there is no scope for further development. He's limited in that capacity, particularly when you're talking about the state of the game which requires players to be flexible in their positions, especially with capped interchanges.

He goes mid-late for me, that's just my opinion. I don't think he has as much upside as others, but as I said - Bampton would really suit a club who can carry him in that regard, like Gold Coast for example. They have a lot of elite, balanced midfielders who can do the damage on the outside, so utilise Bampton purely as an inside midfielder who can extract the ball at the coal face would be of high substance to them.

He doesn't have any outstanding athletic attributes, he's a bit of a one trick pony. But it's a damn good trick!

The tigers have been linked with the player we end up taking for the last 4 years.....
This year I havent heard anything?
Have you?
Duggan seems to suit our needs? Even Cockatoo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am a little surprised that WA kid Brad Walsh hasn't been mentioned. Seems a great inside mid prospect, was Capt of WA if memory serves me right so must have some leadership quals. Would think it great if he found his way to the Tiges. Would complement our mid rotations nicely.

Good comment Rocklea, Brad Walsh was also the AIS AFL Captain. Is a ready to go tough inside mid and all reports are that he tested excellent at the W.A. State screening yesterday, would be a bargain late pick up

Truth+is+i+don+t+have+one+i+never+get+dubs+_a5aab7d3120eb8a3a5cd14ea5f8ca899.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back