Paige Cardona's Phantom Draft 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't see us leaving the first round without Cockatoo or Garlett, even though Ellis and De Goey can play outside we need someone with line breaking speed to help out Colyer, Stanton and Winderlich. What's the possibility of Anderson, McGrath, Wilkinson, Castagna or Glenn dropping down to 62? Great phantom, well worth the wait.

If Blakely really is available at 32 do you really think West Coast would overlook him for Vickers-Willis?

I don't get why Blakely is so underrated. I watched his highlight youtube and he seems pure class to me.
Inside player with outside distribution and makes time with his feet like all the greats. Good height and frame. What am I missing? He seems a 10-12 pick for me.

Maybe Paige could answer that? He goes 33 on yours and 31 on Knightmare's I don't get it.
I want him at 23 for GWS.
Also you and Knightmare have us taking Ahern at 7, is there some reason for this?
Seems a reach. Knightmare ranks him 31.

Probably lucky in hindsight for GWS Boyd wanted out now rather than wait till his contract was up. GWS can get a good FF/relief ruck target, likely Wright albeit not as good as Boyd plus a potential gun CHB in Lever. Next year not so many talls available. Also quality talls tend to hold their trade in value better than mids if you can't keep them. And they get Griffen to boot!!! Plus a whack towards his salary!!!
GWS need to win more games to give the list some finals hope not to far down the track - will help them retain players.
I agree the Dees will likely go for McArtin. Having a potential 'crack' FF on the list sells hope to the group.

I don't get why Blakely is so underrated. I watched his highlight youtube and he seems pure class to me.
Inside player with outside distribution and makes time with his feet like all the greats. Good height and frame. What am I missing? He seems a 10-12 pick for me.

Maybe Paige could answer that? He goes 33 on yours and 31 on Knightmare's I don't get it.
I want him at 23 for GWS.
Also you and Knightmare have us taking Ahern at 7, is there some reason for this?
Seems a reach. Knightmare ranks him 31.
He has great agility and steps through traffic really well but his kicking whilst being serviceable is not that penetrating or efficient at times . He also missed the combine due to injury which means that other have overtaken him with good results . If he was to last to our 2nd pick at 31 I would be stoked

You do realise you have included zero rookie upgrades? Bombers will most likely be taking max two live picks into the draft with ambrose to be upgraded.

Also far too many kids in your draft, history says a fair few players between 20~25 will fet picked up, not just Saad by a club that won't have the pick to do it.

Top 30 looks alright, afterwards it goes down the wrong path. Either way, great effort.

He has great agility and steps through traffic really well but his kicking whilst being serviceable is not that penetrating or efficient at times . He also missed the combine due to injury which means that other have overtaken him with good results . If he was to last to our 2nd pick at 31 I would be stoked

Thanks Yamum. I think he's a bargain. Players that can make time on the ball in the mess are gold.
And he's not a pure on-baller he seems okay in space clearing it initially, not making plays but moving the ball to a better space.

SCPaige terrific read and must say not a lot different to my list at present bar a few towards the back end.

I think your view on Blakely and Bampton is interesting. I am a fan of both but starting to come to the realisation that they are very similar footballers (inside mids who don't kick goals - Connor slightly better by foot). I guess to that end they slide because clubs want mids that can push fwd and kick goals and given these don't you probably have to think they are more likely to slide. Whats your view and given the above I think they probably should be bracketed close to each other (wherever that may be - I am still 25-40 range for both)

Probably lucky in hindsight for GWS Boyd wanted out now rather than wait till his contract was up. GWS can get a good FF/relief ruck target, likely Wright albeit not as good as Boyd plus a potential gun CHB in Lever. Next year not so many talls available. Also quality talls tend to hold their trade in value better than mids if you can't keep them. And they get Griffen to boot!!! Plus a whack towards his salary!!!
GWS need to win more games to give the list some finals hope not to far down the track - will help them retain players.
I agree the Dees will likely go for McArtin. Having a potential 'crack' FF on the list sells hope to the group.

Dogs can have Boyd he did nowt in his 9 games. Griffen, pick 6 and a million dollars is much better.
Wright has more potential than Boyd anyway. Bigger, faster with a bigger and better kick. Lever looks the best back in the draft on tape by a long way and is rumoured to have grown 2 centimetres.
At KPF, Stewart is coming on - one Collingwood missed - and Cam McArthey looks good as well.

So Wright, Lever or McCartin and another pick at 7 (warming to Ahern), Steele at 23, someone at 24 and Finlayson at 62. Best draft we've had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see us leaving the first round without Cockatoo or Garlett, even though Ellis and De Goey can play outside we need someone with line breaking speed to help out Colyer, Stanton and Winderlich. What's the possibility of Anderson, McGrath, Wilkinson, Castagna or Glenn dropping down to 62? Great phantom, well worth the wait.
The answer is here:

AFL-20Round-2023-20Essendon-20vs--20Richmond10-20130831230908377436-600x400.jpg

Dalgleish plays off a back flank, if we drafted Garlett I'd be looking for him to play wing/fwd flank
Dalgleish has been playing off a wing when he gets on the park this season with the addition of Shaun Edwards.

Admittedly I haven't been watching the vfl much, does he have much of a scoreboard impact?
Not really, but it's been a stop-start season

Dogs can have Boyd he did nowt in his 9 games. Griffen, pick 6 and a million dollars is much better.
Wright has more potential than Boyd anyway. Bigger, faster with a bigger and better kick. Lever looks the best back in the draft on tape by a long way and is rumoured to have grown 2 centimetres.
At KPF, Stewart is coming on - one Collingwood missed - and Cam McArthey looks good as well.

So Wright, Lever or McCartin and another pick at 7 (warming to Ahern), Steele at 23, someone at 24 and Finlayson at 62. Best draft we've had.
Is that why you tried to re-sign Boyd even before he went up there?
Judging a 19 y/old on a body of work of one season is stupidity . Enough nonsense please

Connor Menuade will be a handy player dogs will Definently be looking at him with pick 25 and 26
Yep, one of those left over talls in Keitel/McKenzie/McDonald we will get if 1 of them slips you'd think and yeah these Jets kids would be handy.

However St Kilda might have a say there, their board seems keen on these talls too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back