Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rough day at the office. After the first two wickets reminded me a bit of the helplessness of watching Dhawan/Vijay in Mohali last year.

on the plus side seeing 8 bowlers in a day is fun

I realise Azhar Ali is about to ton up, but I don't rate him. His footwork is rubbish. It's a blight on our bowlers and the pitch that he is scoring runs against us.

Rough day at the office. After the first two wickets reminded me a bit of the helplessness of watching Dhawan/Vijay in Mohali last year.

on the plus side seeing 8 bowlers in a day is fun

Apart from Rogers and Siddle it does essentially appear to be a one day team so that many bowlers isn't so weird

What does Hughes have to do to get a game?
Thought he deserved to be in the team today, replacing Doolan

Show an ability against spin, he is hopeless at it. He is just less hopeless than he was before, which isn't a compliment.

To a degree, but jeez and I'm one of his biggest fans, surely Haddin has to have questions asked. I'd be wanting to see Hazelwood or NCN against India.
I'm just not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water given how stark the difference is between the UAE and Australia.

Conditions for the first test will be 180 degrees from what they are in this series, so why not pick those players again.

After all our bowlers played all 5 matches in the ashes (unchanged)... Must have played alright mustn't they? Given we won 5-0 and took all 100 English wickets.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I was so bloody angry when we lost the toss again. That's really what it comes down to. Although, our batting is still our weakest area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water given how stark the difference is between the UAE and Australia.

Conditions for the first test will be 180 degrees from what they are in this series, so why not pick those players again.

After all our bowlers played all 5 matches in the ashes (unchanged)... Must have played alright mustn't they? Given we won 5-0 and took all 100 English wickets.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Yes but the Ashes are 18 months away. Some would question whether Siddle (poor form) and Harris (fitness) will be there. We have to find somee more quicks badly.

I was so bloody angry when we lost the toss again. That's really what it comes down to. Although, our batting is still our weakest area.

$5 says we would have been rolled on day 1 mate.

Yes but the Ashes are 18 months away. Some would question whether Siddle (poor form) and Harris (fitness) will be there. We have to find somee more quicks badly.
No. Our last series in Australia, our bowlers were sublime, you don't suddenly change away from that setup because they have struggled in the UAE or County cricket, both of which are vastly different conditions.

Siddle, Johnson and Lyon will play at the Gabba. Harris is the giant unknown atm.

No. Our last series in Australia, our bowlers were sublime, you don't suddenly change away from that setup because they have struggled in the UAE or County cricket, both of which are vastly different conditions.

Siddle, Johnson and Lyon will play at the Gabba. Harris is the giant unknown atm.
With so many injuries around I reckon NCN could be a huge bolter for a Test spot. Right up there with Hazlewood and the likes; plenty of good options.

What's the go with Jackson Bird?

Thought he complimented some of our other bowlers quite well with his good line and length and seems like the sort of bowler who can get a wicket at any time.

Is he still injured or just not in the picture right now?

What's the go with Jackson Bird?

Thought he complimented some of our other bowlers quite well with his good line and length and seems like the sort of bowler who can get a wicket at any time.

Is he still injured or just not in the picture right now?

injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back