Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, the batsmen would definitely be to blame for how poorly Siddle bowled across at least three Ashes series. Good one.

Lost test after being cleaned up for 200 in first dig, scored 400 in 2nd dig so siddle's fault yeah?
Won test after siddle takes 5/21 and we knock over england for 100??
Lost test after being cleaned up for 160 this time, siddle's fault again right?

2010/11
Rain stops us at 1/107 chasing 297 for victory after 6/54 from siddle
We got flogged in the 2nd test and flogged them in the 3rd
Get rolled for 98 and lose by an innings
Mitchell Johnson saves another embarrassing batting display by top scoring with 53 to get us to 280

Siddle takes 5/50 to setup first innings lead and our batting was again terrible, 98 from agar saves another sub 200 first innings total being posted, we lose by 14 runs.
Bowled out for 128 this time, needless to say we got flogged.
Finally score runs and lose a day and a half to rain preventing an easy win.
England seal the series as we once again fail to pass 300 in either innings.

Tell me again how this was all siddle's fault and nothing to do with us continually being rolled for rubbish scores?

With so many injuries around I reckon NCN could be a huge bolter for a Test spot. Right up there with Hazlewood and the likes; plenty of good options.
Well if Harris doesn't play there's one spot.

You say NCN but 2 of his teammates in Behrendorrf (Sp?) and Hogan both performed better than him last season. 40 and 36 wickets respectively, admittedly NCN only played 4 games last season but nonetheless there are a few others who have done better than he has. Feldmen and Sayers are another two.

You say NCN but 2 of his teammates in Behrendorrf (Sp?) and Hogan both performed better than him last season. 40 and 36 wickets respectively, admittedly NCN only played 4 games last season but nonetheless there are a few others who have done better than he has. Feldmen and Sayers are another two.
NCN would have been good for this tour (shame he's been injured). Can get it to reverse.

NCN would have been good for this tour (shame he's been injured). Can get it to reverse.
I guess with the possibility of no Harris, the shield matches which start tomorrow will potentially act as a try out. I'd even be using it as that little bit of extra motivation if I was a state coach. " look there's a test spot up for grabs, go and make it yours".

2010/11
Rain stops us at 1/107 chasing 297 for victory after 6/54 from siddle
We got flogged in the 2nd test and flogged them in the 3rd
Get rolled for 98 and lose by an innings
Mitchell Johnson saves another embarrassing batting display by top scoring with 53 to get us to 280

IMO, the mods should ban anyone who brings that up again. For life.

Such awful flashbacks.

Hogan is one of the top bowlers in the Shield year in and year out.

Yes, he is. But he's flown under the radar so much it isn't funny. Probaby not fast enough but he's been the most consistent bowler over the last four or five years in the whole comp.

If it is speed that is the issue- to be fair I haven't seen a lot of Hogan, then surely Sayers is a better option especially looking towards an England tour.

If it is speed that is the issue- to be fair I haven't seen a lot of Hogan, then surely Sayers is a better option especially looking towards an England tour.
Sayers wouldn't be any quicker than Hogan I think.

He does have age on his side, though. In either case Bird is a better option than both if fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was so bloody angry when we lost the toss again. That's really what it comes down to. Although, our batting is still our weakest area.
Actually yes! Horrible tosses to loose, particularly in the asian conditions. Wonder if it would be as one sided had australia batted first.

In this squad? O'Keefe. He was better in the first test. Ideally I would have picked Ahmed. You need a leg spinner in the squad, he is the most ready to bowl right now.
I watched Fawad Ahmed get towelled by Marcus Stoinis at Port Fairy last weekend, I shudder to think what Younis Khan would do to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back