Pakistan vs England in the UAE

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anything more typically Pakistan than Shoaib Malik playing his first Test match in five years, batting at #3 and scoring a first-innings century?

Malik's bowling has turned out to be just as surprising/random. Second-leading wicket-taker in the series, and very economical too.

Interesting to see how Stokes goes here

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sounds like it might be it for Misbah

Even further.

He came back after 5 years, batted at number 3, scored 245 and then retired two tests later.
Hardly surprising Misbah might be calling quits, seeing he's 41.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame our middle order put in some shocking efforts because Cook and the seamers cant be faulted it was a great effort :thumbsu:

Surely there's a better ODI opening option for England than Hales?

Same could be said for Roy though I guess.

Topley is the real deal. I can see him being involved in the next Ashes tour if our selectors have got any sense..
rashid is looking like too much of a luxury player at the moment. Chances are Moeen will drop back down the order and take up his old role.

When I switched on I almost thought it was South Africa out there with Pakistan's new kit. Looks good though.

Hales is their supposed saviour, not just in ODI's but tests as well. Personally I just see an English Aaron Finch. To be fair he did have some massive performances early in the county season, but I don't think a player as loose as him can be a frequent success as an ODI opener let alone in tests.

Topley is the real deal. I can see him being involved in the next Ashes tour if our selectors have got any sense..
rashid is looking like too much of a luxury player at the moment. Chances are Moeen will drop back down the order and take up his old role.

I like him and it's clear he will be an excellent limited overs bowler, but I'd like to see how he progresses in first class cricket before making grandiose calls like that.

Reasonable fightback by Taylor and Morgan, but ultimately a pretty ordinary score which wasn't going to be defendable if the Pakistani batsmen turned up. Hafeez has almost by stealth developed a more than handy record in ODI's (in terms of centuries).

CTi0DY8XIAAvTCP.jpg

Lol

Who've Pakistan got that can slot into no.5? Not someone like Shehzad who's an opener.

They'll probably push Asad Shafiq up the order, and give Babar Azam a go at #6 in Tests.

Kind of surprised they're not having Moeen open TBH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back