Pakistan vs. New Zealand in UAE (3 Tests, 2 T20, 5 ODI)

Remove this Banner Ad

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can understand the umpire on the field making the decision he did, given it would have looked pretty out from front on, but * it shits me seeing third umpires * up the review like that. :mad:

Love the way McCullum's playing, a real no-nonsense captain who takes the game to the opposition. 250 by lunch tomorrow might make for an interesting afternoon on a wearing pitch.

Get Mark Craig the * out of the team. Wagner is itching to get it up these campaigners.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Can understand the umpire on the field making the decision he did, given it would have looked pretty out from front on, but **** it shits me seeing third umpires **** up the review like that. :mad:

How can you definitively say though that it didn't brush the glove? And the benefit of the doubt stays with the umpires call

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Taylor putting on a clinic of cutting the leggie off the stumps behind square
e847.gif

Ahh, damn it Jimmy..

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lead by 177 with 4 wickets in hand at the end of day four. If we can eek out another 50-60 before lunch tomorrow, this is going to be a cracking finish. The NZ batsmen didn't do a lot wrong in the last session today. Neesham, Anderson and Walting all got snorting deliveries; Latham got a poor decision. McCullum once again not using his bat to the spinners, but did play well for his 45 and set the tone. Williamson the only real poor shot, surprising given his credentials against the spinners.

Taylor was shaky at the start, but his last 50 or so runs came pretty effortlessly, saved what looked like turning into a disaster into a pretty even scenario heading into the last day. It seemed as if cutting the spinners off the stumps was his way of avoiding playing forward and being trapped lbw again, a gutsy ploy but paid off well. Wonder how much McMillian had to do with this strategy, seems like something he would have done against Warne.

I'll back the draw as the slight favourite. Even if Pakistan roll NZ tomorrow and are only chasing 200 or so, Misbah's defensive mindset will see them look to avoid losing first and foremost. They did the exact same thing in a Test at Wellington a few years ago. Couldn't believe what I was watching.

Unless, of course, this badarse mother*er can get it done...

Ish+Sodhi+New+Zealand+v+West+Indies+First+DJ-v8w_gPEWl.jpg

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Another pretty ordinary batting display by New Zealand, however Taylor was sensational, scoring freely and looking in complete control. Good time for him to come good in this series because without him they would have been staring down the barrel of a pretty demoralising loss. Test is set up beautifully now - I would order the results in terms of the likelihood of occurrence as being a draw, a Pakistan win and a New Zealand win. The Blackcaps have really struggled to bowl Pakistan out so I find it hard to see that happening within a day.

Disagree with you about the Pakistani's defensive approach - they snatched a test off Sri Lanka earlier this year by coming out all guns blazing on the last day. This is a much different side brimming in confidence compared to the fairly disfunctional unit that toured Australia and New Zealand that summer a few years back.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
How can you definitively say though that it didn't brush the glove? And the benefit of the doubt stays with the umpires call

Only had a quick look but i agree 3rd umpire did his job, it might have hit the glove might not have so you go with the on field call.

If they started randomly overturning on field decisions with only inconclusive evidence available it would be ridiculous.

The GOAT

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Earth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pakistan will have a crack at a total of less than 220, and shut up shop if they lose 3-4 wickets quickly. I think they'll probably win, NZ don't have the same spin depth that Pakistan do, which has caused all the wickets. Looking at the way Sarfraz and Taylor played, scoring doesn't seem too difficult either.

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Southee just hit three 6's in a row, each being bigger then the previous one. NZ declared setting Pakistan 260 from around 75 overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Superb innings from Taylor, not as fluent today as the 77 he ran up yesterday, but in the context of the match and his form this year, monster knock.

Early wicket, * yes. Now just knock over the leftie and get Ish on to do his thing.

Sep 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets, Cleveland Browns
Superb innings from Taylor, not as fluent today as the 77 he ran up yesterday, but in the context of the match and his form this year, monster knock.

Early wicket, **** yes. Now just knock over the leftie and get Ish on to do his thing.
Hope they win for ya. Really liking the look of the NZ team now and for the future.

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Word on the street (ie. Cricinfo) is that Ronchi is going to replace Neesham for the third Test. Would be Ronchi's debut and complete his goal of playing Test cricket when he relocated across the ditch. Definitely agree with replacing Neesham, as good as he's been in his previous Test before this series, he's looked all at sea against the spinners. Would also mean NZ would be fielding four wicketkeepers in the XI :eek:. Watling's had a tough series with the gloves, so I'd be inclined to give them over to Ronchi (ideally McCullum) and move Watling up the order. Ditch Craig, want to see Wagner have a crack at them.

McCullum*
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Watling
Anderson
Ronchi+
Sodhi
Southee
Wagner
Boult

Although for the home Tests against Sri Lanka, Neesham returns as a batsman and Bracewell plays as the third seamer. Both far more suited to NZ conditions than those in the subcontinent. I'd be happy to trial the Anderson and Neesham in the same XI experiment at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back