Food/Supplements Paleo Diet

Remove this Banner Ad

Fresh sashimi is actually very good. I'm no fisherman but I was allowed to tag along on a trip and had some within minutes of being caught. It was a pleasant surprise.

I would never try sashimi unless it was from a reliable source, nicky. It's considered an honor to the chief if you trust him enough to eat raw fish from them, which isn't something that I'd try at sushi train.

I would never try sashimi unless it was from a reliable source, nicky. It's considered an honor to the chief if you trust him enough to eat raw fish from them, which isn't something that I'd try at sushi train.

I'm not sure I would trust sashimi from Chief , but to each their own.

Yeah but did you look at the size of the people eating it!

I took the kids to see a movie in the Xmas holidays, it was 9am & fatties were entering the theatre with huge buckets of popcorn n coke.
My kids complained cos I wouldn't buy them any, the smell got them aswell, the asked me why not.
I said if you want to end up the size of them I'll go buy you some, they passed!
9am & people were eating choc tops on the way in, what hope have their kids got.
I like how people condone it cos there at the movies, people look for any excuse to pig out.
I'm sure Will power is a thing of the past!

To be fair it was mostly normal/slim people getting food from the bar, but there were a few fat people there.

Wouldn't motivate or make a difference to me though, I have eaten McDonalds/Dominoes every day for months and not gotten fat.

Wouldn't motivate or make a difference to me though, I have eaten McDonalds/Dominoes every day for months and not gotten fat.
Doesn't mean it isn't toxic to your insides ;).

This, coming from someone who cheat meals every couple of days. Haha. I eat healthily at home, but I still indulge when I go out in social situations. I'm OK with that.

Pretty tame I thought
I don't think it's intention was to shock, we all know there's plenty more worse footage out there for that purpose ("Earthlings" anyone?). Moreso to show not what's happening, but how it's being gone about being produced. Chained down, hoovered up etc. Rather than being let to live it's life before getting on our plates, Organically etc.

Starting my paleo lifestyle this week. I've been cutting down on the carbs steadily over the last couple of weeks and am ready to go full caveman. Hoping for weight loss and lower blood sugars. If this happens it might be a lifestyle I adopt permanently.

Two weeks later and 5 kilos lighter. Plus my blood sugars have been amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading that brings me so much pleasure. Good on you, you must feel incredible :)

Are you type 1 or 2?

Type 1.

It's amazing how you find out who your friends are when you change lifestyle like this. Some people have been great and very supportive. Others have mocked my diet, my workouts. It's almost as if they're jealous of my success.

Type 1.

It's amazing how you find out who your friends are when you change lifestyle like this. Some people have been great and very supportive. Others have mocked my diet, my workouts. It's almost as if they're jealous of my success.
That sucks, sorry to hear that mate. People generally do that with any 'diet' that has a name attached to it - because it's generally considered that anything with a name or tag is a fad. Meanwhile, they have absolutely no consideration for what their body needs, what condition it's in, what it's saying etc. Yet you're the alien somehow..

Good job mate. :thumbsu:

A paleo group is having a demo session in my town in a couple of weeks

Two weeks later and 5 kilos lighter. Plus my blood sugars have been amazing.

Congrats.
50% of your initial weightloss will be fluid, carbs contain sodium which holds water so when you reduce carbs your also reducing your sodium/salt intake.
It's advised to replace the loss of salt, a diet low in salt excretes potassium & low potassium effects magnesium absorption/effectiveness, so low salt throws out your electrolyte balance which leads to cramping , headaches etc...
I recommend pink Himalayan salt, have 1-2g in a glass of water upon rising & sprinkle on your food, it contains trace minerals & other goodies.
It also lessons the stress on your adrenal glands.
If your enter into ketosis salt stops nausea & light headedness that most experience when on Keto diets.

Can I buy Himalayan salt in just a normal supermarket?

Can I buy Himalayan salt in just a normal supermarket?

Weird. About five minutes after I posted this my partner and I stopped at some open-air markets where one stall was selling himalayan salt.

The hardest thing I'm finding about paleo is maintaining it outside the home. We went out with friends for lunch to the Coffee Club today. I had to settle for a beetroot salad with beetroot, spinach, fetta and candied walnuts.

Sometimes I'll have pasta when we have family dinner, not much, just a bit. Good god I feel like s**t aferwards!!! I get a dull headache and I just feel lousy like I'm slowly getting a flu, this has happened twice now, surely not a coincidence?
Get on board the Zucchini noodle train, heaps better in every way.

The hardest thing I'm finding about paleo is maintaining it outside the home. We went out with friends for lunch to the Coffee Club today. I had to settle for a beetroot salad with beetroot, spinach, fetta and candied walnuts.
One thing i've noticed since switching from vego to Paleo is that things don't necessarily need to be in absolutes like for vegos & vegans. For instance if you do a lot of exercise or with high intensity you might be after a little more of something to burn off. I'm admittedly following it pretty loosely at the moment. The occasional sushi for lunch with a paleo friendly salad. The occasional small amount of bread, but i'll just be mindful of not overdoing it and having something better later. The way I see it is just - if you deviate, be aware and make up for it next time.

Without going full paleo, if you are "bulking" what can you replace grains with to make up for carbs? I know there's veggies, but it would take a hello of a lot (and cost) to make up the same amounts as pasta/bread. Also cals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back