Food/Supplements Paleo Diet

Remove this Banner Ad

So strict Paleo means they can't eat meat that have been fed grain, so how does that work with chicken or do they just not eat poultry?
Free range or even better organic chicken. Chicken naturally pick at grains and seeds so they are fine and their stomachs are adapted to digest it.

My butcher knows me now. Today when I walked in, "How many kilos of grass-fed steak today?"

Seems to me you could get all that and more for free off the net.

Hell, you could probably get most of it just from threads on this board.

I agree but understand that the special thing about these things is the motivating community.

True, but all the knowledge that I have gained from this board is fairly chaotic at the moment. This course would give the knowledge some structure and order.

True, but all the knowledge that I have gained from this board is fairly chaotic at the moment. This course would give the knowledge some structure and order.
I'll be interested to see what sort of techniques and foods he recommends. relay some of the info in this thread if you can be bothered.

Yeah Paleo is very popular amungst the crossfitters.
It's almost like following Paleo is a prerequisite to joining any Crossfit club.
"Sorry dude, no Paleo - no Crossfit session for your today!"

Pretty funny when the world's leading Crossfit guy doesn't do the Paleo diet, or any set diet for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it funny?

Because it made me laugh

vampires-kiss.jpg

Funny photo, that explains it.

Well it's interesting then (to re-word) that they guy who is seemingly getting the most out of Crossfit isn't following the diet that most other Crossfit practioners are. Brings into question the usefulness of the diet from an athletic standpoint. Obviously people do what works for them, or what they feel works for them, but still.

Well it's interesting then (to re-word) that they guy who is seemingly getting the most out of Crossfit isn't following the diet that most other Crossfit practioners are. Brings into question the usefulness of the diet from an athletic standpoint. Obviously people do what works for them, or what they feel works for them, but still.
So you have no understanding of the original relationship between the two.

what type of diet doesn't the Crossfit Champion eat?

Rich Froning (2011-2014 CrossFit Games Champion) apparently doesn't go by any set diet, just "listens to his body" and "eats a lot of peanut butter and drinks whole milk". Obviously different things work for different people, but yeah, found it interesting, given how often (sometimes religiously) Paleo Diet and CrossFit go hand-in-hand.

Bazzar or anyone else here make their own sauerkraut?

I've invested in a proper fermenting jar after some unsatisfactory results the first couple of times I tried it, but I'm reading mixed reports about whether I still need to put a weight inside to keep the cabbage submerged under the solution. Some sources say yes while others indicate the airlock means it's not necessary. Anyone know?

I've invested in a proper fermenting jar after some unsatisfactory results the first couple of times I tried it, but I'm reading mixed reports about whether I still need to put a weight inside to keep the cabbage submerged under the solution. Some sources say yes while others indicate the airlock means it's not necessary. Anyone know?

I'm fermenting carrots that i grew this year (that came out like the carrots you grow yourself - only people that have attempted to grow carrots will understand what i mean).

Am also fermenting garlic and a jar of celery.

I used basic jars and made them air tight. I made sure the salt water covered the veg. I just checked and they've fizzed up nicely. Don't overcomplicate things. Just make sure you use enough salt to preserve the veg. They'll ferment.

A tip that i learnt listening to a three hour podcast on fermenting vegetable (lol, the geekiness of it all) - is to use the juice of celeries in place of salt water as it's very salty, apparently makes it taste amazing. I didn't try it as i don't have a juicer - but something to consider.

No but I do eat a couple of fork fills before every evening meal.
Kimchi was a tad hot for me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back