Palmer stole Jayden Foster's premiership #Hashtag #RohanSmith - media thread offcuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Really.... try reading the rest of the blog..... and derogatory?

You mentioned facts. Palmer was the subject of the thread, the FACT is you brought another politician into it. Most of your references to others contained a derogatory element, but I'm done, enjoy your night, champ.

I can't recall ever posting anything negative about you, I'm happy to discuss footy anytime. You post in threads I read all the time, and I can't recall having any major difference of opinion to you in those, but if I did, I hope we engaged in a robust, yet respectful manner. All the best!

Well then have at it. Looks like this is our politics thread so might as well keep that train-a-rollin

I have just given up on them all , I run a small manufacturing business , and neither side of politics do us any favours.in fact they are flat out selling down the drain , while taxing and regulating us to the enth degree.
How anyone has any fath in either side has me beat.
I run a small IT company and I compete with multinationals who pay $zero tax and both parties have screwed me. I have decided I dislike the big business party more, as they make my competitors stronger.... The other side just never rebalances things to assist small business.

I run a small IT company and I compete with multinationals who pay $zero tax and both parties have screwed me. I have decided I dislike the big business party more, as they make my competitors stronger.... The other side just never rebalances things to assist small business.

And that's fair enough. Political parties can never make everyone happy.

I happen to liase a lot with an industry that is currently over the moon with free trade agreements, and hates the state government (Labor) because in SA there's a big perception that Labor governs for the city and makes the regions pick up the tab.

Labor ignore the country because they will never be elected.
If you live in a marginal seat, you get better services than footscray or any where regional. Country electorates get ignored by their own parties, as they don't think you will ever vote for labor. Must become swinging votes to get more Power!
Small businesses like mine have learnt lessons from big business, we also pay minimal taxes. (Stupid system rewards us for company mismanagement!)

Ahh politics...as someone who leans left (especially socially) I often have no party to vote for, it's usually either centre-right and far right (or donkey vote), so I don't.
Next time I'm voting Cthulu at least he's the greater evil. Although with Abbott leading one party that may be up for debate.

Ahh politics...as someone who leans left (especially socially) I often have no party to vote for, it's usually either centre-right and far right (or donkey vote), so I don't.
Next time I'm voting Cthulu at least he's the greater evil. Although with Abbott leading one party that may be up for debate.

Cthulu? Nah, I say we all vote for this fellow (If only he could campaign in Australia)...

We screwed up with Foster. Foster had Bulldog genes, he was our of people, from our tribe, he was from a dearly loved father.

Picking him this year or Rookie last year or keeping him away from Carlton.

On another note. Clive Palmer just sang the Bulldog theme song on TV and he was asked if he was going to wear a Western Bulldogs jumper on his way out.

Vote 1. PUP
Palmer United Party - that's where to put your vote.

I misread the thread title and thought we were picking up Palmer in the rookie draft, to appease those who thought we drafted too may small players this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foster had more than 1 club say they will pick him with there last pick (can't always be believed though). At lot out clubs had Foster around the 60 + / rookie list mark.

I said on here a month ago that a rookie pick would not secure Foster. I personally would have delisted another player and taken Foster under the father son. He is already a solid player with plenty of development. On top of that was one of the most likable, popular players at Calder with a burning desire to success.

Time will tell, but in my opinion will come back to bite us.

Get him to bankroll upgrades at Whitten :)

More like bankroll T Boyd's new contract.

BTW - any Boyd2Boyd user id's around yet?

Labor ignore the country because they will never be elected.
If you live in a marginal seat, you get better services than footscray or any where regional. Country electorates get ignored by their own parties, as they don't think you will ever vote for labor. Must become swinging votes to get more Power!
Small businesses like mine have learnt lessons from big business, we also pay minimal taxes. (Stupid system rewards us for company mismanagement!)

I'm not pushing one side or the other, just a couple of general points.

1. I live in a country electorate, right on the border of two other country electorates (Vic state electorates, I mean). Two out of the three local members (including mine) are ALP, and after Saturday, by healthy margins. If Labor ignore the area over the next 4 years, they will lose valuable seats.
2. Shepparton - Nationals took them for granted for 47 years, now about to get an Independant member.

I agree with your point about marginal seats - that's where parties can win power.

Anyway, I'm more interested in how we can get Clive to bankroll some of the club's debt/expenses. If he is #1 ticket holder for, say, 2 years, and chucks in a couple of mill, then in a couple of years when he moves on, the club will have benefited from the financial input - who cares who or what he is/was. I don't agree with the structure of mining in this country, but he's not some foreign despot, so welcome him into the fold, get him to sign a few cheques, cash them before they bounce, then say "thanks very much" when he rides off into the sunset...

Not sure if serious.

haha , ive been busy as of late with exams, hospital and work.. Havent been keeping track of who's who in the last few weeks.. Given this is bigfooty, I expect anything and everything :)

I'm not pushing one side or the other, just a couple of general points
Anyway, I'm more interested in how we can get Clive to bankroll some of the club's debt/expenses. If he is #1 ticket holder for, say, 2 years, and chucks in a couple of mill, then in a couple of years when he moves on, the club will have benefited from the financial input - who cares who or what he is/was. I don't agree with the structure of mining in this country, but he's not some foreign despot, so welcome him into the fold, get him to sign a few cheques, cash them before they bounce, then say "thanks very much" when he rides off into the sunset...

Yeah perhaps he can syphon a couple of million of the Chinese governments money to us. That's our best hope I suspect.

I'm not pushing one side or the other, just a couple of general points.

1. I live in a country electorate, right on the border of two other country electorates (Vic state electorates, I mean). Two out of the three local members (including mine) are ALP, and after Saturday, by healthy margins. If Labor ignore the area over the next 4 years, they will lose valuable seats.
2. Shepparton - Nationals took them for granted for 47 years, now about to get an Independant member.

I agree with your point about marginal seats - that's where parties can win power.

Love what happened in Shep. Country seats get taken for granted....

Can we get Clive to sponsor Boyd? Similar to a 'Visy' deal? It is only table scraps after all.

I misread the thread title and thought we were picking up Palmer in the rookie draft, to appease those who thought we drafted too may small players this year.

I think you will find that actually, Clive Palmer ate young Foster, didn't touch the sides either.

And I'll fess up, since I don't get enough of it, I voted for it in the Senate.

Vote 1 - Sex Party

Dales brother and brothers family lost there home in a bushfire a few years ago and the club and players all put in money to help his family.
I LOVE THE BULLDOGS EVEN IF WE NEVER WIN A FLAG! AS LONG AS WE DO THE RIGHT THING AND HELP PEOPLE. OUR CLUB IS AMAZING!
FFS! This is a professional sporting organization . Our only priority is to win a flag.

There are plenty of charitable institutions you can support to get you warm and fuzzy fealings.

FFS! This is a professional sporting organization . Our only priority is to win a flag.

There are plenty of charitable institutions you can support to get you warm and fuzzy fealings.
Wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back