Palmer stole Jayden Foster's premiership #Hashtag #RohanSmith - media thread offcuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Get your facts right before you take off on a long run.

Never 'criticized the club for helping a bloke whose family was devastated by a bushfire' that ended up messing with your mind.

I criticized a poster for making the following statement 'I LOVE THE BULLDOGS EVEN IF WE NEVER WIN A FLAG! AS LONG AS WE DO THE RIGHT THING AND HELP PEOPLE'

Apologies then, but my point stands that you can't just hang your hat on premierships. They don't come around that often (and in our case rarely) so you have to find pleasure from the little things.

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Apologies then, but my point stands that you can't just hang your hat on premierships. They don't come around that often (and in our case rarely) so you have to find pleasure from the little things.
Nah man. You not having a mental breakdown at the end of every year we don't win the premiership is directly responsible for us not winning a premiership.

Jun 5, 2013
The Stoop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MCFC, Lakers, Phillies, NY Rangers
1418835-1253930_this_thread_again_super.jpg

I thought this thread died ages ago. It should have been allowed to rest in peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

paulveed

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2010
traf e
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
liverpool
Anyone else think we are a bit too ex bulldog player heavy in the coaching dept?

Gia
Monty
Smith
Bev

In a word [ or 2]... Absolutely NOT. I get so tired of this BS idea, it gives me a severe bout of the irrits !!! Our one and ONLY premiership coach was a Bulldog !!! Most of our worst failures as coaches, were [ champions ] from other clubs.
When will this cr4p get given a rest ?????

paulveed

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2010
traf e
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
liverpool
Bubba smith is a job for the boys if ever I've seen one.

Would you say the same thing if we appointed a 300 game player from another team, who had been a backline general for his club in his latter seasons, and had played for his country in the international competition ?
I seriously doubt it.
Rohan shows plenty of dedication to his task, regularly attending all the Footscray games, something you certainly do not see from a lot of assistant coaches from other sides.

Would you say the same thing if we appointed a 300 game player from another team, who had been a backline general for his club in his latter seasons, and had played for his country in the international competition ?
I seriously doubt it.
Rohan shows plenty of dedication to his task, regularly attending all the Footscray games, something you certainly do not see from a lot of assistant coaches from other sides.
Id want anyone gone that was responsible for our kick-ins and defence last year, regardless of playing career. Some of the most amateur stuff I've seen in the afl.

The best clubs employ smart, strategic coaches that can communicate. Smith fails in all 3 categories. I'm embarrassed whenever he's speaking on behalf of the club quite frankly.

Jun 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Maybe there was a directive from the head coach that the backline coach had to follow?
Who knows. We'll probably find out this season though if things change or stay the same.

Id want anyone gone that was responsible for our kick-ins and defence last year, regardless of playing career. Some of the most amateur stuff I've seen in the afl.

The best clubs employ smart, strategic coaches that can communicate. Smith fails in all 3 categories. I'm embarrassed whenever he's speaking on behalf of the club quite frankly.

Embarrassed is a strong word Fronk. I agree in general with wanting players to coach elsewhere before coming back to us but it's not Bubbas fault that he got the job.

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Complete opposite of what I've heard about him. Especially that last point. I'm embarrassed every time Beveridge speaks, doesn't mean he isn't a good coach.

Embarrassed is a strong word Fronk. I agree in general with wanting players to coach elsewhere before coming back to us but it's not Bubbas fault that he got the job.
He has coached elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back