Palmer United Party

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope the Liberal candidate wins. Don't think I've said that before.

Australia and its politics will be lessened with this megalomaniacal, self-obsessed, court abusing, ****head as a MP.

Yes because he is so different to all the megalomaniacal, self-obsessed, court abusing, ****head MP's we've already got.

Don't believe he's tried to have political opponents thrown in jail yet so he's already better than at least 1 MP.

Don't believe he's tried to have political opponents thrown in jail yet so he's already better than at least 1 MP.

Give him time. Heard that if the margin is less than 100 votes they have to do a recount.

Palmer 111 votes ahead in Fairfax. Unless there's a recount and it's way off, then he's in.

Palmer ahead by 36 votes once all the votes were counted. Recount ordered for Monday.

Palmer ahead by 36 votes once all the votes were counted. Recount ordered for Monday.

Dis-Gun-Be-Gud-Bear-Chair.gif

Doubly so if the recount finds Palmer behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect that fat boy may have come to the realisation that he is in the wrong house. In the HOR his vote will be worth two parts of bugger all, whereas if he was in the Senate he would have been able to actually exercise a bit of power. Which, I assume is what this colossal ego trip is all about.

He'd have to show up more often and get less attention if he was in the Senate.

I find it hard to believe he actually wants to sit in Parliament. I kind of get the impression that his HOR campaign was basically a stunt to help his Senate candidates. He probably never envisaged he might actually win a lower house seat - he'd have been happy with one or two puppet Senators.

I bet the House of Representatives is regretting giving up the ability to expel one of their own members.

Palmer 111 votes ahead in Fairfax. Unless there's a recount and it's way off, then he's in.
If he was a Liberal this would be "a landslide".

Recount currently has Palmer leading by a slim 3 votes. What happens if it is under 100 votes again? Another recount? A by-election?

I couldn't see a by-election and given the count came to the same result twice the contender will concede.

Abbott's going to have fun with Palmer controlling the senate:

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...s-ultimatum-over-staffing-20131010-2vbre.html

If Abbott backs down on this then Palmer will walk all over him every time. If he doesn't then I wouldn't put it past Palmer going through with his threat and just blocking every piece of legislation coming through. He basically started his party as a big up yours to the LNP and now he's got the ability to make life awful for them. Abbott might end up wishing he had the Greens instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back