Remove this Banner Ad

CountryRace

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 25, 2014
https://archive.org/details/WarIsARacket
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some critics have accused the network of using the controversial "no-go zones" idea to perpetuate a fearful narrative about Muslims, particularly in the days since terror attacks in Paris.
One Fox show, for example, displayed an inaccurate map of the alleged "no-go zones" in and around Paris. On another show, a guest who was identified as a security expert claimed that Birmingham, England is a "totally Muslim city where non-Muslims don't go in."
Among those who ridiculed the Fox News claims was British Prime Minister David Cameron, who said of the Birmingham claim: "When I heard this, frankly, I choked on my porridge and I thought it must be April Fools Day."

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/20/media/paris-mayor-sue-fox-news/index.html?iid=HP_LN

So why do fox and other mainstream media spread Muslim fear. Who gains from this?

Like most Murdoch outlets, this is not out of the ordinary. And it's not really news. Fox News is a blend of celebrity worship, sex, entertainment and shallow 'news'. It defies genre.

In some ways, Fox News and Murdoch media can be quite entertaining. When I want to see complex stuff boiled down to 2 loudmouthed idiots yelling at each other; it can be fun entertainment. I equate it to wacthing the WWE or eacting at Macccas every now and then. In moderation, go for it.

I remember a few years ago one of their anchors was sued. News ltd defended them on the basis they were 'news personalities. as opposed to actual journalists.

The danger is when people start taking news ltd seriously. Look at some of the posters on this form, they'll use it.

like with everything they do, they are the only ones who benefit out of that kind of crap because there are plenty of people in the world who think every muslim is a terrorist and will view any media that 'confirms' that.

That's true, God forbid anyone thinking that most terrorists are Muslims.

Oh! Hang on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back