Paris's Two Cups and a Plate Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the bit where the ones we added to each line ran those exact placings.

Couldn't remember if we had Rick sturdy only for 4th or 3rd too so was madly scrambling through bet slips post race

Jug and I are taking this F4 on the Emirates as our prize:

1st - Bow Creek, Turn Me Loose
2nd - same + Magic Artist, Politeness
3rd - same same + Disposition, Rock Sturdy
4th - same same same + Lucky Hussler, Ecuador, Arod, Amovatio

we get 17.8% for the $30

Shame you couldnt find the $100 MC winner for my bet you bastard. :thumbsdown:

But seriously, well done mate, fantastic result. :thumbsu:

So here was our top 8 selections (in order) going into the race:

Jug

Bow Creek
Magic Artist - 4th

Rock Sturdy - 3rd
kim_ha-yul-sexy-asian-girls-gif.gif

Turn Me Loose - 1st

Ecuador
Politeness - 2nd
Amovatio
Sons of John

Paris

Bow Creek
Disposition
Turn Me Loose - 1st
Politeness - 2nd

Lucky Hussler
Arod
Magic Artist - 4th
Messene

Thanks to Jug's tactical tipping genious, and my strategic decision to take the 2x4x6x10 ticket combo to boost our %, we managed to land a juicy 17% of the $34,372.80 F4 dividend for a collect of $5,843.38. Not bad for a $28.56 investment. That leaves a profit of $5814.82 to be shared equally between Jug and myself, amounting to $2,907.41 each. :thumbsu:

LJ0p7wh.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup - as said in the Emirates thread - didn't understand the push for it - I gave it none. When I saw it in his selections I be like:

pretty-asian-girl.gif
Assuming at conclusion of Emirates you be like
Yup - as said in the Emirates thread - didn't understand the push for it - I gave it none. When I saw it in his selections I be like:

pretty-asian-girl.gif
At conclusion of emirates you be like
Excited-Exciting-So-Excited-Excited-woman-Excited-Asian-Asian-GIF.gif

If you're anything like me you doubled and tripled checked your numbers straight after they crossed the line.

:thumbsu: - first the panic check to make sure Rock Sturdy was in fact on the third line - then loading the app up to make sure the bet had been placed.

Sportsbet are actually pretty good - balance had been updated literally 90 seconds after they'd crossed the line.

Funny story (well not funny for me) about 12 years ago me and a mate put in $25 each for a trifecta up in Brisbane. He filled out the card as we put our collective minds together.

We end up getting the triffecta, we had it for 2X, it payed just over a thousand so four figures each. We go to collect ticket, not paying yet, wait 5 more minutes, no still not paying, go back over and look at the aus text screens and it says final. WTF?? Go back up there and the bloke behind the counter says: 'race 7 hasn't even jumped yet'

My mate filled out the card for race 7 instead of race 6. I was overjoyed as you could imagine.

Last edited:
Funny story (well not funny for me) about 12 years ago me and a mate put in $25 each for a trifecta up in Brisbane. He filled out the card as we put our collective minds together.

We end up getting the triffecta, we had it for 2X, it payed just over a thousand so four figures each. We got to collect ticket, not paying yet, wait 5 more minutes, no still not paying, go back over and look at the aus text screens and it says final. WTF?? Go back up there and the bloke behind the counter says: 'race 7 hasn't even jumped yet'

My mate filled out the card for race 7 instead of race 6. I was overjoyed as you could imagine.
Similar one for me 3 of us the pub TAB, me, best mate and his GF picking a quinella 2008 Vic Derby.
I go Whobegotyou, can't remember who mate went, his missus picks Rebel Raider cos of being Adelaide and Claire Lindop we laugh at her and tell her to pick something worthwhile.. so she does.
Why didn't we listen to her.. still to this day she brings it up:cry:

Bloody rock sturdy... Was on it for the win.

Pfft - place the best you can hope for with donkey's like that. Couldn't even win a stock standard Saturday handicap at Randwick the start prior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back