FTA-TV Parks and Recreation

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
Parks and Recreation is from Greg Daniels and Michael Schur, who produce The Office, and it shares the hit show’s mockumentary format as it follows a city bureaucrat played by Poehler trying to turn an abandoned pit into a park.

Just suffered through 22 minutes of this. I've never been a fan of The Office US, even found the 'good' later episodes forced and unfunny. So I was slightly dubious when I heard about this.

P&R is forced, without any timing and without any humour. I found it worse than the god awful pilot for the US Office.

I'm still baffled why this show used a documentary format when when there's no feeling of realism to it. The opening shot I was almost blinded by the lighting, which they were using outdoors.

FAIL :thumbsdown:

The latest in a long run of failures for Ben Silverman and NBC.

And good to know others don't find The Office funny. I've tried and while it's an amiable comedy with likeable characters it's just not funny at all.

Just watched the second episode, and it was no wear near as bad as the first. Actually laughed out loud a couple of times.

This show is really good. The characters are excellent and there's some really stuff going on.

It's a shame that people miss out on quality shows like this because of their preconceived notions. They are really missing out by bitching and moaning.

Stiff s**t, I say.

I watched the Pilot, and forgot about it. But I've read it got really good in the second season, so I'll wait for DVD and give it a whirl. Did the same with 30 Rock.

I like it. Alot like the US Office it really found it's feet at the conclusion of it's 6 episode first season.

In the longer second season it got to spend more time developing the minor characters and results into some funny shite!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ILl have to check out the second season then, as I wasnt overly impressed with the first either. Love Rashida Jones though.

This show is really good. The characters are excellent and there's some really stuff going on.

It's a shame that people miss out on quality shows like this because of their preconceived notions. They are really missing out by bitching and moaning.

Stiff s**t, I say.

Not missing out on anything. Saw another episode and it was still dog s**t.

I watch plenty of quality. This ain't it.

Ron Swanson > all. Any man who covers up his free meal when confetti starts falling at a strip club is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

The first episode after the break was great.

I've been watching this on mate, for a couple of months now and I'm really enjoying it. I think I saw a few season 1 episodes and thought it was decent but not as good as 30 rock, but I pissed myself throughout the whole episode that was on mate last monday. I didn't realise that Amy Pohler can acctually be quite funny. It was the hunting episode where Ron gets shot.

I've been watching this on mate, for a couple of months now and I'm really enjoying it. I think I saw a few season 1 episodes and thought it was decent but not as good as 30 rock, but I pissed myself throughout the whole episode that was on mate last monday. I didn't realise that Amy Pohler can acctually be quite funny. It was the hunting episode where Ron gets shot.

Yeah, I saw that episode too. It seems like a pretty decent show, although I've only seen two eps.

I would watch it just for Rashida Jones, tbh.

I watched season 1 and thought it was ok in parts, but I never bothered with season 2 until the last few weeks. It really is a show that gets better and better. The characters are all likeable enough, and the running jokes are quality. The culturally insensitive murals for instance are hilarious, even when attention isn't called to them, you can still sometimes catch them in the background. "Jerry sucks" is a pretty funny recurring joke also.

When it first started I thought for sure Tom would become my favourite character, and he is pretty cool, but I was surprised to find Ron and Andy bringing way more laughs. Ron staring into the camera and saying deadpan "I am an official member of a taskforce dedicated to slashing the city budget. Just saying that gave me a semi." cracked me up.

Paul Schneider leaving is a shame, but Adam Scott and Rob Lowe should fill the void pretty well. Also, Amy Poehler carries the show better than I thought she ever could.

Anyone who ever doubted this show should watch the last episode.

This show has so many great characters; Ron, Andy, Tom, and Leslie and the others all chip in with great lines. Rob Lowe's cameos are good.

It's really developing into a great comedy.

The scenes with Andy and Ron were fantastic:

Andy: Let me go to Big Head Joe's for you. They have the most insane burritos.
Ron: I don't much go for ethnic food.
Andy: No no no. Trust me. They have one that's called the meat tornado. Literally killed a guy last year.
Ron: You had me at meat tornado.

This show has turned into the best TV comedy after a shaky start, I love it.

Religious oligarchy!
Holy s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back