Part-Time jobs with the best bonuses

Remove this Banner Ad

louismaxwell

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Was just wondering what part-time jobs have the best bonuses, incentives or discounts.
Like for example I know Cotton on do 50% off their clothing.
Any others?
How about do some work first before worrying about a bonus. Talk about me, me,me i wouldn't hire your type ever. All take no give.

Mar 31, 2013
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
How about do some work first before worrying about a bonus. Talk about me, me,me i wouldn't hire your type ever. All take no give.

Haha wow, I have a job and have had a job since I was 17, I am now 21, work 25 hours a week and full time uni.
This post wasn't about finding a job, I was simply interested in the topic as a friend told me she gets 50 percent off from her work.

Talk about an overreaction

Nallad

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Converse warehouse, 75% off everything

louismaxwell

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes it was a bit short, I apologise

But the sentiment is all the same
It wasnt abuse, i was trying to impart its not a good look to be chasing a bonus and freebies when you havent even done any work yet for the company, all good things come to those who apply themselves. Dont be looking for what can they do for me as that attitude wont get you very far on the workfront.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 31, 2013
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
It wasnt abuse, i was trying to impart its not a good look to be chasing a bonus and freebies when you havent even done any work yet for the company, all good things come to those who apply themselves. Dont be looking for what can they do for me as that attitude wont get you very far on the workfront.

I'm assuming you meant to reply to me. The thing is, I'm not chasing any bonuses or freebies, I'm not even looking for a new job and never once said I was, you've just jumped to conclusions. I was simply interested in the topic. So your comment above doesn't apply to me at all and find it hard to see how you think this is the case after reading my other replies in this thread.

TN25

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
McDonalds workers get 50% all food before and after shifts and a 30% food card which can be used at any store at any time. I think you have to work there for three months to get the card

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
In terms of pay bonuses alone, picker/packing roles for either Coles, Woolies or IGA.

I was talking to a couple of guys a few weeks back about this. One had worked at Coles and the other at Woolies doing picking. The pay rate is roughly the same ($25 hour for the morning shift, $30 hour for afternoon shift). The best bonuses they got was $100 in one shift. They averaged about $30 bonus per shift.

They use headphones and the order comes through and they go the aisle, pick the stock and move onto the next one. It can be a bit repetitive and it is hard work (e.g. putting together a big, dirty pallet of soft drinks). They said there were some Kiwi guys that used to kill themselves every shift, practically running around the warehouse for eight hours. They lived on Red Bull and Winny Blues and came in every arvo with bloodshot eyes. But they were also pulling in $2k a week.

It seems that it's easy to get a job there, just give them a call. They have a few full-timers, but a lot of casuals but it's on-going casual work, so if you want to keep going then there's plenty of work.

They were talking about getting free stock - out of date or spoiled - but I got called away so I'm not sure if they get to take it home.

Not sure what IGA pays, but I imagine it's comparable.

Borry

Protected Species
Aug 15, 2004
You never never know if you never never go.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Sydney
Yeah IGA is similar, and there's lots of Kiwis and Africans who smoke and drink Red Bull. Repetitive, have to deal with a headset that is a pain in the arse sometimes and time limits on assignments are challenging as are some of the assignments themselves. But it is good money for what it is.

IGA has full time staff and casuals are employed via recruitment agencies. Always better to start off as casual then earn a full time spot from performance as probation periods for full time roles are hard for those just starting work there.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Good part time/casual jobs while you're at uni? Preferably not hospo and without weekend hours?

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I was talking to a couple of guys a few weeks back about this. One had worked at Coles and the other at Woolies doing picking. The pay rate is roughly the same ($25 hour for the morning shift, $30 hour for afternoon shift). The best bonuses they got was $100 in one shift. They averaged about $30 bonus per shift.

They use headphones and the order comes through and they go the aisle, pick the stock and move onto the next one. It can be a bit repetitive and it is hard work (e.g. putting together a big, dirty pallet of soft drinks). They said there were some Kiwi guys that used to kill themselves every shift, practically running around the warehouse for eight hours. They lived on Red Bull and Winny Blues and came in every arvo with bloodshot eyes. But they were also pulling in $2k a week.

Full time rate is $26 an hour. Casuals get a 20% loading. Afternoon shift gets 20% loading. Then you get loading for saturdays, sundays, public holidays.

You have a benchmark rate of 100% which is the minimum required standard and anything above that you earn incentives.

When you are earning $30+ an hour for 30-40 hours a week then chasing incentives is fools gold IMO. If you work steady you can hit 110-120% and be ok. The effort (and recklessness as far as injury goes) required to take that to 130%+ is hardly worth a few extra bucks an hour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back