Part-Time jobs with the best bonuses

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do people that work at Hoyts still get two 50 cent movie tickets provided they call in ahead at any Hoyts location?

Gee, I knew someone who worked at Wallis here in SA and they used to get all movies free. Sometimes they'd make whole days of seeing films. I think the condition was they couldn't be first week or sold out films but still... free!

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
Full time rate is $26 an hour. Casuals get a 20% loading. Afternoon shift gets 20% loading. Then you get loading for saturdays, sundays, public holidays.

You have a benchmark rate of 100% which is the minimum required standard and anything above that you earn incentives.

When you are earning $30+ an hour for 30-40 hours a week then chasing incentives is fools gold IMO. If you work steady you can hit 110-120% and be ok. The effort (and recklessness as far as injury goes) required to take that to 130%+ is hardly worth a few extra bucks an hour.

Yeah fair points. From what these guys were saying, there was a group of six or so Kiwis. Two of them were young guys with a lot of kids and needed the cash, so they really pushed themselves and the other Kiwis went along with it. It became a bit of a friendly competition.

The two guys who I was speaking with just worked steadily and made plenty of bonuses without killing themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back