Analysis Pass mark for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd consider a pass mark to be twofold.

All I ask is that we make the finals, and win our last game for the year.

Is that too much to ask?

Still burns me how we lost the final.

We had those Kanga *s on toast if that doesn't motivate the team then i don't know what will.

Last edited:
I would be shocked if we win a flag this year, and disappointed if people at the club seriously think we will. I can't think of any example of a team that went from middling at best to genuine flag chance in the space of one season.

Maybe this will give you a bit more confidence -

Geelong finished 10th in 2006, won the flag in 07
Hawks finished 5th in 07, won in 08
Adelaide finished 14th in 2011, lost a prelim by 5 points in 2012. Finished equal 2nd on the ladder.
West Coast finished last in 2010, then jumped to 4th the next season.

Jumping from a middle club one season to a contender the next isn't all to common but certainly does happen, have some faith.

Adelaide finished 14th in 2011, lost a prelim by 5 points in 2012. Finished equal 2nd on the ladder.

Jumping from a middle club one season to a contender the next isn't all to common but certainly does happen, have some faith.

You can also throw in Port that club was on the brink of folding.

Really all we need is to win the close ones, with those wins the players will gain confidence which in turn should see them play better attacking footy, next thing we see is a nice September run

The Hawks, Swans and maybe Freo are top four, then there are half a dozen teams who if things go right could grab 4th or 3rd then who knows.

1021994_2_M.jpg

MUSCLES!

He can be one of the top-up players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys - my Youtube show recently previewed Essendon's 2015 season, culminating in an expected 'pass mark' for the year. One of the panelists, Josh, is a passionate Bombers fan, and gave some great insight.

Absolutely no ASADA discussion whatsoever - we actually made a point of that - strictly football.

Enjoy!

I guess i must be extremely biased/optimistic, but i'm staggered people think we will slide this year! We recruited depth to cover all angles and comparative to 2014 we have enormous development potential in the likes of JD, Carlisle, Colyer, Zach, Jackson, Ashby and Gleeson. Plenty of other players are consolidating form running into the peak of their careers.
Injuries aside, why would we slide? The loss of Ryder is significant, but Ryders potential was never fully tapped by our club anyway. TBC was a complete loss last year while Ryder is the complete loss this year. Looking at it that way there is some balance overall.
Everything boils down to the combined output of JD and Carlisle. If they don't improve, we could easily slide. If they improve fractionally we should hold steady. If they take a step up (like they both should), then we should improve significantly on 2014 given that they were the major factor holding us back.

As such, to say that we will slide this year is really saying that people don't expect improvement from JD and Carlisle. Baffling.

WE WILL BE 1-3 after 4 Rounds , No top 4. We will finish 6th-12th. Another frustrating season.

WE WILL BE 1-3 after 4 Rounds , No top 4. We will finish 6th-12th. Another frustrating season.
Seriously? Which of Collingwood (bad) and Carlton (even worse) will we lose to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back